A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:35:32 pm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Shootings the last six months  (Read 148708 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2013, 11:56:36 am »

Where's the Fairgrounds sanity? Is rent from these carnivals for rednecks that important? The commissioners need to look at the consequences should one customer be the wrong parent, child, friend, patient, bully, student, etc.

Send these goons elsewhere....
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2013, 12:31:25 pm »

Where's the Fairgrounds sanity? Is rent from these carnivals for rednecks that important? The commissioners need to look at the consequences should one customer be the wrong parent, child, friend, patient, bully, student, etc.

Let me guess...you would appear to be attempting to gain relevance to what you say; related to the gun show they have??

Sorry...didn't work!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2013, 04:33:58 pm »

They need the money, cuz they know their days of getting annual payouts of horse-gambling-hush-money are numbered.  Obama "fear money" is the only way to close the gap...

You should go to the fairgrounds for Wanenmacher's and play "spot the black man."  It's more challenging and ultimately more satisfying than "Where's Waldo?"
***Achieve Level 1 by finding a black fairgrounds worker, simple enough... Level 2 might be someone of color working behind a gun table... Level 3?  Anybody in that mile long line of gun counterculture who's not a lily-white redneck... Level 4?  Find an Obama/Biden sticker in the parking lot.   Grin

Fatal Shooting Brings Chicago to 500th Murder
December 29, 2012
http://dailyshootings.com/?p=149

Soldier dies after Killeen parking lot shootings
January 8, 2013
http://dailyshootings.com/?p=389

Q:  How many NRA spokesmen do you need to change a lightbulb?
A:  More guns.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:37:38 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2013, 04:36:21 pm »

They need the money, cuz they know their days of getting annual payouts of horse-gambling-hush-money are numbered.  Obama "fear money" is the only way to close the gap...

You should go to the fairgrounds for Wannamaker and play "spot the black man."  It's more challenging and ultimately more satisfying than "Where's Waldo?"
***Achieve Level 1 by finding a black fairgrounds worker, simple enough... Level 2 might be someone of color working behind a gun table... Level 3?  Anybody in that mile long line of gun counterculture who's not a lily-white redneck... Level 4?  Find an Obama/Biden sticker in the parking lot.   Grin

POST OF THE YEAR (so far)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2013, 04:56:41 pm »

Q:  How many NRA spokesmen do you need to change a lightbulb?
A:  More guns.

FINALLY!!!  You got something right!!!  Congratulations!

What America needs is more free speech!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2013, 04:57:14 pm »

POST OF THE YEAR (so far)

You REALLY need to get a life!!

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2013, 05:08:26 pm »

You REALLY need to get a life!!

Wink
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:05 pm »

Ruf. That game only exists because it is a show of "Legally" sold guns.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2013, 10:59:16 pm »

Ruf. That game only exists because it is a show of "Legally" sold guns.

You'd think the county shows would be more than willing to sell guns to black people, considering all the liberal propaganda out there accusing the NRA of being a racist organization... and also considering that blacks living in high crime areas would theoretically be better served (safer?) if they had guns to defend themselves... besides, I thought those shows only featured "private dealers" who'll sell you a gun without calling in for a background check?..... or would they only call in a background check if you were "buying while black?"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju1hflebAmk&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

I blame Hillary... and the UN.   Grin  /snark

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:30:39 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2013, 10:00:00 am »

You'd think the county shows would be more than willing to sell guns to black people, considering all the liberal propaganda out there accusing the NRA of being a racist organization... and also considering that blacks living in high crime areas would theoretically be better served (safer?) if they had guns to defend themselves... besides, I thought those shows only featured "private dealers" who'll sell you a gun without calling in for a background check?..... or would they only call in a background check if you were "buying while black?"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju1hflebAmk&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Wow!  You obviously haven't been to a gun show.  First of all, I see quite a few black folks as well as several other races.  I have frequently gone with a friend of mine who is black, and we never encounter, or for that matter even think about what you describe.  I suppose you have to keep that kind of thinking top-of-mind to really notice it.  There are indeed black dealers, in fact, one of them at the Wanamacher show served with my father durring the Korean War.  There are also, what I would presume, a number of North Tulsa folks that attend, but I don't have the same polling data that you obviously have.  Well done trying to make this a racial thing!  Cheesy (NOTE FOR RUFF: that is not an Asian guy! It's a laughy face.)

When you purchase a handgun at the shows, one of two things happens.  Either the vender has a fax machine/scanner on site or you are expected to pick up the weapon at his shop or have it shipped to your local dealer.  If he has a fax machine, you will be required to fill out the standard Oklahoma form and he faxes or emails it in.  He will then call NICS with your social security number to determine if you are eligible to purchase a handgun.  If you purchase more than one firearm from the same dealer, the dealer must also complete an FFL Multiple Sales Report.

Because most of these dealers come from out of state, you typically have to wait to have a handgun transfered and pick it up next week at his shop.  You don't just give money to a firearms dealer and get a gun.  Now, if you are buying a handgun from a private individual (dude walking around with a nice shiny 1911), these procedures are unnecessary, however you are expected by law to register your firearm, and forms are available at the show, or you can start the process at one of the vender booths. 

As for rifles and shotguns, the same rules apply as do at retail stores.

Even if you don't want to buy a gun, the shows are fun because you get to see some very interesting folks.  You see normal families, lots of military and police, and you also see the hard-core survivalists who arrive from their bunkers in full cammo with a weeks worth of food sewn into their vests and special straws for purifying their own urine. 

I received a letter from the White House, a mass mailing from Jay Carney as a precursor to the president's new push for increased gun control laws.  The phrase they kept using was "an unbalanced man shouldn't be able to get his hands on a military-style assault rifle."  They miss the point!  An unbalanced man shouldn't be able to purchase any firearm, "military style" or otherwise.  Using this ambiguous emphasis on "style" serves no purpose except to thrill the low information demographic (sorry RM).  I have a beautiful Browning BAR Longtrac 30-06 hunting rifle that is several times more powerful and much more accurate than the .223 AR-15s, but because of it's warm mahogany colored wood and antiqued barrel, no one sees it as scary.  The .223 AR-15 you buy at the box store or sporting goods store is designed to look cool, but basically it's a glorified .22 rifle with a more powerful load.  Below is a .223 from the AR-15 that Lanza used compared with typical hunting rounds (30-30, and 30-06 respectively).

But this is all the low information demographic sees:

Both are gas powered semiautomatics, but the one on the bottom is more powerful and accurate by several orders of magnitude.

Terrible people commit terrible crimes.  That will unfortunately never change.  We have a very simple choice here.  We can address the problem, mental illness, or we can take advantage of the opportunity for long standing political motives.  Adam Lanza was on anti-psychotic drugs and acted out his fantasies and frustrations through violent scenario virtual reality gaming.  His mom knew he liked gunplay, and purchased firearms for herself/him because he was ineligible under state law to do so.  Had she been a hunter, perhaps she would have purchased a 30-06.  Of course this would have required Lanza 1/2 a second extra to reload, but each round would have traveled through several walls, making steel closet doors, and classroom walls meaningless.   

Instead of focusing on identifying the CRAZY, and taking measures to treat or contain it,  we are focusing on black plastic, hand grips, flash suppressors and extended magazines, none of which would have made a difference here.  I doubt seriously that style came into play with Lanza.  He was trained to kill, through hours of simulation, he was angry and wanted to bring his fantasies into the real world, and die making sure no one ever forgot him.  Whether he had access to a puny assault rifle, a powerful hunting rifle, pipe bombs, shaved magnesium alloy, poly-styrene and gasoline,  makes little difference, except to politicians.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #205 on: January 09, 2013, 10:43:06 am »

So I'm thinking someone on here might have a man crush on Alex Jones.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2013, 11:34:24 am »

Obviously "posting while clueless". 

As for this crock of carp that keeps coming around in the Brady Bunch Clown Circus about "letting" the mentally ill have guns... as I have stated before, it has been illegal since the 30's on a Federal basis for someone who has been found to be mentally ill to own, possess, or use a firearm of any sort.  And they are, by definition, criminals.

This in not new ground - there are a comprehensive set of prohibitions to gun ownership and use - it has been covered WAY before the latest Agenda-laden propaganda war started.  The lies, half-truths, distortions, and attempts at misdirection will continue forever, since they so obviously work on a knee-jerk basis on people too lazy to investigate and study the reality, or just willing to buy into something they think sounds like it "ought to be true"...you bought into it!

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #207 on: January 09, 2013, 01:15:09 pm »

Yes. Of course equal rights to all was covered in the constitution. So one would deduce from your reasoning that there was no reason to fight the civil war, enact women's suffrage or argue against "separate but equal" in Brown.

This concept that we just need to enforce existing laws seems weak when you look at the past history of enforcement.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2013, 01:18:23 pm »

Yes. Of course equal rights to all was covered in the constitution. So one would deduce from your reasoning that there was no reason to fight the civil war, enact women's suffrage or argue against "separate but equal" in Brown.

This concept that we just need to enforce existing laws seems weak when you look at the past history of enforcement.

Exactly!!  So, ya gotta ask why there has been such lax enforcement.  In particular, Billy Bob was about as lax as it gets on gun infraction enforcement so he could push his "assault weapon" ban... and no, he isn't the only one, but a notable one.

But if you take your last statement to the next illogical conclusion, then how is passing more laws that won't be any better enforced gonna help anything??  Except make millions of us into criminals...?

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #209 on: January 09, 2013, 01:32:14 pm »

So, the Civil War, the Women's Suffrage amendment (19th? 20th?), and the 1965 Civil Rights legislation were not successful? We just should have criticized past presidents for not enforcing them?

Those movements, and the accompanying legislation, spurred the country to make change when the leaders refused to enforce unpopular rights. That's the way humans seem to work. Charlemagne didn't give his minions power til they were able to show him that they already had that power.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org