A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:48:17 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday parade question  (Read 17846 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 01:33:04 pm »

Did anyone else experience a 20 minute or so lag between floats at about 6:40?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 01:49:28 pm »

Did anyone else experience a 20 minute or so lag between floats at about 6:40?

Yes. I think a float broke down and had to be removed. I'm pretty sure it was the alien float.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 01:55:12 pm »

I was standing at 4th and Cheyenne. Right before the fireworks went off the parade sped up to 60 MPH and the last few floats went speeding by. There were a few really long gaps at the begining of the parade so I guess they were trying to make up for lost time?

We were barely going fast enough to keep the bicycles upright.  We ate at The Vault after the parade and Libby was telling us their Elote-mobile's battery went dead right before they were supposed to move out and they had to wrangle some jumper cables in a big hurry.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 02:43:48 pm »

The real Christmas Parade was the big parade at Tulsa Hills, it was packed with people. Christmas is about Christ - it's a Christian holiday. The downtown parade  may as  well be held  on New Years or some other time of the year, it does not celebrate Christmas and that's the reason for the season.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
rdj
City Father

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 02:50:53 pm »

The real Christmas Parade was the big parade at Tulsa Hills, it was packed with people. Christmas is about Christ - it's a Christian holiday. The downtown parade  may as  well be held  on New Years or some other time of the year, it does not celebrate Christmas and that's the reason for the season.

I don't think the original poster asserted it as a question about the Christmas parade, it was a question about the holiday parade.

If they were to do the Holiday Parade of Lights some other time of the year then what holiday would it be celebrating?  MLK Day?  Have one of those.  Memorial Day?  Yep, there's a celebration for that.  Independence Day?  Oh, all kinds of events and parades in the area.  Veteran's Day?  It's downtown even.  You want the traditional Holiday Parade of Lights to celebrate Labor Day?  Too many picnics.  Arbor Day?  RM might like that, it promotes trees.  Or, Columbus Day?  Am I missing any other holidays that we could celebrate with a parade of lights?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »

Sometimes, it seems, a post is made that is so blatantly stupid that the poster has to be fake.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »

The real Christmas Parade was the big parade at Tulsa Hills, it was packed with people. Christmas is about Christ - it's a Christian holiday. The downtown parade  may as  well be held  on New Years or some other time of the year, it does not celebrate Christmas and that's the reason for the season.

The downtown parade celebrated Christmas as well as other holidays. The south Tulsa parade celebrated Christmas shopping at the stores at a mall.

Power is nothing till you use it.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 02:55:10 pm »

Was TNF represented at the Christmas parade? Anyone? Anyone?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 02:56:12 pm »

Sometimes, it seems, a post is made that is so blatantly stupid that the poster has to be fake.

Source!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 02:57:26 pm »

Was TNF represented at the Christmas parade? Anyone? Anyone?

Tulsa Hills has become a depressing place.  It's a place to go, do what you need to, and leave.

It's a shame.  It could've been so much more.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 03:09:03 pm »

Tulsa Hills has become a depressing place.  It's a place to go, do what you need to, and leave.

It's a shame.  It could've been so much more.

I agree. It has no atmosphere and you feel like you are taking some form of radical drivers test just to weave from store to store.  "You can't get out that way. . .or that way. . .or that way. . ."  The firm that designed it should not ever design anything ever again.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 03:16:21 pm »

I agree with you both. I haven't been back after I had to get a item for Christmas when it first opened. The weaving in and out of parking lots was rediculous.
I was just curious if anyone went to the parade and what they thought about it.
Me personally, I would much rather watch a parade with the backdrop of tall buildings. But that's just me.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 03:31:36 pm »

I agree with you both. I haven't been back after I had to get a item for Christmas when it first opened. The weaving in and out of parking lots was rediculous.
I was just curious if anyone went to the parade and what they thought about it.
Me personally, I would much rather watch a parade with the backdrop of tall buildings. But that's just me.

And subsequent holiday fireworks.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »

Sauer, fooled me. I thought it twas all about stuff.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 03:35:13 pm »

And subsequent holiday fireworks.

Ka-Zackly!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org