A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:43 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did not receive trash carts  (Read 48962 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 09:19:30 am »

Our neighborhood still hasn't gotten them.

As long as the trash is picked up, I'll be patient.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 11:26:47 am »

I got mine on Sunday. According to the paper they increased from 3 crews to 5 and are working 7 days a week, 4,000 carts per day. At that speed, they can finish on time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »

Got them.

Was I supposed to get any guidelines about what to recycle, what to do with old can, etc.?

I thought we were supposed to get something in the mail or at least a guide with the new bins.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 10:20:43 pm »

Got them.

Was I supposed to get any guidelines about what to recycle, what to do with old can, etc.?

I thought we were supposed to get something in the mail or at least a guide with the new bins.

Yep, there should have been a little pamphlet attached.  There should also be a sticker on the recycle lid with guidelines (which sort of don't match the pamphlet..imagine that).

Old trash cans...set them out with your next scheduled pickup and label the can(s) as trash.  I taped a big sign saying TRASH on mine and they picked it up.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 10:29:18 pm »

Yep, there should have been a little pamphlet attached.  There should also be a sticker on the recycle lid with guidelines (which sort of don't match the pamphlet..imagine that).

Old trash cans...set them out with your next scheduled pickup and label the can(s) as trash.  I taped a big sign saying TRASH on mine and they picked it up.

Thanks.  Guess I'll call for a pamphlet.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 08:41:11 am »

So I called.  She was very nice and I should receive the papers by Monday.

She was surprised to find out the website is down.  I guess they're not keeping their folks up on current issues.

Is there any useful information in the booklet or whatever it is?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 09:01:34 am »

So I called.  She was very nice and I should receive the papers by Monday.

She was surprised to find out the website is down.  I guess they're not keeping their folks up on current issues.

Tells you to make sure you orient the carts with the metal bar forward and as close to the curb as humaly possible and to make sure you space them out by at least three feet.

It also makes mention of what items to recycle, but the sticker on the top lid is what I've been using as a guideline.  Includes plastic caps on plastic bottles.  Also, if you crush aluminum soda cans like I used to, stop.  I don't think they'll reject them, but the say not to.

Now that they have expanded the items to recycle, I'm barely using one bag of refuse a week.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 09:15:57 am »

Tells you to make sure you orient the carts with the metal bar forward and as close to the curb as humaly possible and to make sure you space them out by at least three feet.

It also makes mention of what items to recycle, but the sticker on the top lid is what I've been using as a guideline.  Includes plastic caps on plastic bottles.  Also, if you crush aluminum soda cans like I used to, stop.  I don't think they'll reject them, but the say not to.

Now that they have expanded the items to recycle, I'm barely using one bag of refuse a week.

Thank you.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 09:41:31 am »

So I called.  She was very nice and I should receive the papers by Monday.

She was surprised to find out the website is down.  I guess they're not keeping their folks up on current issues.

It's a little ironic though they would create waste with a pamphlet when they could rely on the sticker on the can.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 09:47:07 am »

It's a little ironic though they would create waste with a pamphlet when they could rely on the sticker on the can.

Normally they could rely on a PDF online but...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:24 am »

Problem is that the sticker and the pamphlet don't match.  Thus me having to call the city and tell them what I thought of the pamphlets.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 10:04:42 am »

Problem is that the sticker and the pamphlet don't match.  Thus me having to call the city and tell them what I thought of the pamphlets.

What's the biggest difference?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 10:38:58 am »

What's the biggest difference?

The disparity between items allowed for recycling was my biggest irk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

enits
Citizen

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 02:46:00 pm »

Still have not received trash cart.  *sigh* 

The lady on the phone said they will still pick up my trash even without the new cart.  I sincerely hope so. 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »

I got my stickers in the mail today.

Still no idea where I'm supposed to find clear trash bags.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org