A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:06:14 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Markwayne Mullin Congressional run  (Read 41078 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 03:55:32 pm »

I can't respect a guy who disses his father. He boasts that when he got the company it was in deep debt, had just a few employees and he paid off all the debt and increased the company size.

Of course he fails to mention that his father started that company and debt usually accompanies a start up. That his father gave him the company with loyal employees who stayed on. And that, unless you're totally inept, a plumbing company is a cash cow in a growing city (which Tulsa was until 2009), an old city with decaying water and plumbing systems  and good name recognition which his dad paid for.

Instead, he makes it sound like he bought a company that was screwed up and his management skills saved them all. Some respect for your dad who put you on the planet and raised you off of that operation would have been nice.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 03:58:45 pm »

I can't respect a guy who disses his father. He boasts that when he got the company it was in deep debt, had just a few employees and he paid off all the debt and increased the company size.

Of course he fails to mention that his father started that company and debt usually accompanies a start up. That his father gave him the company with loyal employees who stayed on. And that, unless you're totally inept, a plumbing company is a cash cow in a growing city (which Tulsa was until 2009), an old city with decaying water and plumbing systems  and good name recognition which his dad paid for.

Instead, he makes it sound like he bought a company that was screwed up and his management skills saved them all. Some respect for your dad who put you on the planet and raised you off of that operation would have been nice.

And from what relatives and friends tell me, if he runs in congress like he runs his business, he'll fit right in...corrupt.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 04:11:40 pm »

AuqaMan. That is exactly what I thought and said right after I heard that first ad. I wonder how his Father took it?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 07:27:51 am »

I'm befuddled by his first/middle-first name mash up: "Markwayne"?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 08:44:21 am »

I think it’s a more sophisticated “Jimbob”.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 08:50:31 am »

Yes, it screams sophistication. So did the video clips; I think I saw him holding up his pinky.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 09:04:27 am »

I was going to say something similar to that.  But then I'd be afraid I was personally attacking all people named "Mark" and "Wayne"...wait, what?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 03:45:15 pm »

TW ran a story about Mullin and his opponent that said Mullin used "single payer" in a positive light last year without knowing what it meant.

I'm not sure about the stupidity rating here.

Who's the more stupider:

Mullin for not knowing?

His opponent for using this in his campaign to prove he's the most conservative?

Me for reading the story and posting about it?

Tulsa World for writing it?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 03:49:24 pm »

TW ran a story about Mullin and his opponent that said Mullin used "single payer" in a positive light last year without knowing what it meant.

I'm not sure about the stupidity rating here.

Who's the more stupider:

Mullin for not knowing?

His opponent for using this in his campaign to prove he's the most conservative?

Me for reading the story and posting about it?

Tulsa World for writing it?

None of the above. The people who voted for him.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 03:58:47 pm »

None of the above. The people who voted for him.

In jest, I was really pointing out all four.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 04:03:26 pm »

I have often wondered why people use their first, middle and last name.
The only time I hear it abused is at High School Graduations. And I just can't help myself during the name reading to aggravate the people near me with famous names like. David Lee Roth, Pamala Sue Anderson, John Wilkes Booth, Sarah Jessica Parker. etc. etc. etc.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 04:08:33 pm »

I have often wondered why people use their first, middle and last name.
The only time I hear it abused is at High School Graduations. And I just can't help myself during the name reading to aggravate the people near me with famous names like. David Lee Roth, Pamala Sue Anderson, John Wilkes Booth, Sarah Jessica Parker. etc. etc. etc.

Many actors use middle names due to SAG.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 04:39:41 pm »

Many actors use middle names due to SAG.

That's true. And Courts and the justice system use all three because you wouldn't want to have arrested John James Gacy.  Grin

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 10:43:46 am »

So Mullin went into the hospital due to inability to swallow...(the crap he's spewing?)

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/muskogee-congressional-candidate-mullin-hospitalized-friday

TULSA - U.S. District 2 candidate Markwayne Mullin was hospitalized in Muskogee Friday after he noticed he couldn’t swallow, Mullin for Congress campaign manager Tim Ross said.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 12:07:42 pm »

So Mullin went into the hospital due to inability to swallow...(the crap he's spewing?)

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/muskogee-congressional-candidate-mullin-hospitalized-friday

I thought I had read on the paper it was an esophageal tear?  I don't like his politics but hope he recovers just fine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org