A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:21:11 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: double standard for talking bad about the President  (Read 36399 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 08:20:27 am »

The basic philosophy differences of what government should be doing between Obama and Reagan are not insignificant.  After all is said and done, Republicans are not always successful in promoting pollution, killing Granny......

Just wildly successful at it during the Reagan, Bush, Bush era's.

Philosophy is just noise (reference - Richard Roberts).  Actual actions and activities are what determines the reality (reference - Jerry Falwell).

Both Obama and Reagan are good little moderate Republicans.  That's pretty much the only way I can stand either one right now.  From this point on, Obama is more likely to change than Reagan, though.  And not for the better.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 08:37:53 am »

Yes, but they dominate. They own 850 radio stations and broadcast programming on 5,000 radio stations in America. They claim 238 million listeners. They also own 400 television stations.

I'd say that is more than a little influence.

Fairness Doctrine argument in 3...2...1...

The slurs hurled at Bush during his Presidency by all sorts of liberal entertainers was quite staggering.  I think you are entering mental pause.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 09:08:14 am »

The slurs hurled at Bush during his Presidency by all sorts of liberal entertainers was quite staggering.  I think you are entering mental pause.

He gave them more material.

Red, Clear Channel does dominate. Though their 850 stations are not a majority number of stations, they are the stations that have the widest reach and the most rating points. That makes them the most profitable as well which means they can endure the types of advertiser defections they so richly deserve.

Mike's original point is still the best one made in this thread. The war had to be fed to the public and not everyone enjoyed the meal.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 11:18:09 am »

I went out a bought a Dixie Chics CD at the time even though I know nothing else about them.  Never listened to it and probably won't - not a country fan at all.  And will never buy a Toby Keith anything, nor visit his restaurant.

Law of supply and demand does work....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 11:33:47 am »

Just wildly successful at it during the Reagan, Bush, Bush era's.
Philosophy is just noise (reference - Richard Roberts).  Actual actions and activities are what determines the reality (reference - Jerry Falwell).
Both Obama and Reagan are good little moderate Republicans.  That's pretty much the only way I can stand either one right now.  From this point on, Obama is more likely to change than Reagan, though.  And not for the better.

You have quite a way to go to convince me that Obama is anything right of a regular Democrat.

References to Richard Roberts and Jerry Falwell are wasted on me.  I have no respect for either of them.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:36 am »

Maybe Bulk Erase.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 11:52:32 am »

I went out a bought a Dixie Chics CD at the time even though I know nothing else about them.  Never listened to it and probably won't - not a country fan at all.  And will never buy a Toby Keith anything, nor visit his restaurant.

Me meither.  It would require going down to bricktown which would require going to OKC.  That's not going to happen.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54:39 pm »

The left doesn't do very good playing up outrage over speech. 
What the Dixie chicks said was not up to this level.  These comments imply violence against the President. Clearly just hyperbole, but I didn't even here about it.

Perhaps there is so much hyperbole from the right it just doesn't register anymore.  Rush, hannity, et al make a living from hyperbole... I think we are on the 15th MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVER.

I don't see a need for the outrage in either case.  But there does appear to be an over reaction one way and no reaction the other. I don't think clear channel has anything to do it, they just cater to their audience.  the audience wants outrage one way and not the other.  Music and conservative talk is what clear channel owns... no outrage over Obama bashing.

Same thing I said to the Dixie chick freaks ans the if bush wins I'm leaving people... get over it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 12:07:48 pm »

Yes, but they dominate. They own 850 radio stations and broadcast programming on 5,000 radio stations in America. They claim 238 million listeners. They also own 400 television stations.

The sold all their television in 2008 to concentrate on billboards and radio.
You can measure their influence by traveling north and hearing all the artists that are blocked by CC here.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:09:26 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 12:11:24 pm »

The sold all their television in 2008 to concentrate on billboards and radio.
You can measure their influence by traveling north and hearing all the artists that are blocked by CC here.

Online music.  Who listens to radio other than NPR?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:07 pm »

Who listens to radio other than NPR?

People who aren't latte-sipping elitist lib'ruls.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 12:33:32 pm »

People who aren't latte-sipping elitist lib'ruls.

"Latte"?  psshhht...that's too murican for me.

Might as well drink that and eat your freedom fries.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 02:00:46 pm »

It’s called market research not “blocking".  They play what resonates well within an area’s primary listeners.  That’s how they successfully sell advertising. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 02:10:30 pm »

It’s called market research not “blocking".  They play what resonates well within an area’s primary listeners.  That’s how they successfully sell advertising. 

Then someone please tell me how you replace Michael Savage with Clark Howard ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 06:00:32 pm »

Bumpski....!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org