A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:01:18 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Someone Please Pay for my Rubbers  (Read 123751 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 10:54:26 am »

Funny how that pops up only when it's helpful to one's argument.
favor
That was precisely my point, T. I was not using that tired mantra to advance my argument because it would be inconsistent with my views on that overused artifice. Rather, I was musing aloud as to the whereabouts of all the church and staters when it comes to government butting in on issues they favor.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 10:56:42 am »

Sheesh, do we seriously need THIS person championing the cause for free birth control?

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/02/28/georgetown-law-co-ed-demands-everyone-else-pay-for-her-untamed-sex-life/

Yeah, on second glance, she's got that psycho/nympho look down pat.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 11:04:13 am »

favor
That was precisely my point, T. I was not using that tired mantra to advance my argument because it would be inconsistent with my views on that overused artifice. Rather, I was musing aloud as to the whereabouts of all the church and staters when it comes to government butting in on issues they favor.

As long as Tulsa's got a rep like Newberry, (as an example) there will always be church messing with state.  I guess it's turnabout.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:31 am »

We need separation of junk and state!

i know a lot of women who currently wish the state would stop trying to get in to their junk.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:36 am »

i know a lot of women who currently wish the state would stop trying to get in to their junk.
Yep. That's my point. It's okay if the state gets up in their business when it comes to giving them money so they do not have to worry about the consequences of a run-of-the-mill plugging.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 11:43:55 am »

... the consequences of a run-of-the-mill plugging.

You are such a romantic. What is your idea of foreplay, telling them to "brace themself?"

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 11:45:02 am »

You are such a romantic. What is your idea of foreplay, telling them to "brace themself?"

No, "Get in the back seat, grumble!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:30 am »

Really, when a religious organization operates a business it's an employer? What about businesses having less than 15 people? What about private clubs operating businesses? Hows about Indian tribes? Fact is, exceptions riddle the "you're a business, now treat everyone fairly" meme you are running with right now.
Now, the idea that an employee of a religious-oriented business should not have that religious viewpoint imposed on them is a non-starter to me. You don't like what the catholic church has to say on contraception or abortion? Work elsewhere. Why should a religious institution toss out its belief structure in favor of an employee? Since when is it government's job to stick its nose in the affairs of churches (in this case, telling a church how it conducts business). Something about separation of church and state is coming to mind...

The church should remove itself from the workings of society, that way we won't have to worry about any more inquisitions.
If the church wants government to butt out of its dealings as an employer then the church needs to keep its nose out of government
If the church doesn't want to pay for birth control for the non-Catholics that it hires? Don't hire any, and make sure the Catholics you hire don't waste any seed.
I want small Government influence and small organized religious influence in my life.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 12:45:08 pm »

The church should remove itself from the workings of society, that way we won't have to worry about any more inquisitions.
If the church wants government to butt out of its dealings as an employer then the church needs to keep its nose out of government
If the church doesn't want to pay for birth control for the non-Catholics that it hires? Don't hire any, make sure the Catholics you hire don't waste any seed.
I want small Government influence and small organized religious influence in my life.

Wow, really? I thought this country founded in part to avoid religious persecution by government and not about religion getting its nose in the role of government. Also, in ready that last sentence you make it seem that government and religion are somehow equally influential in our lives. Really? Is the Catholic church belief re: contraception/pro-life really that disruptive to your life?
Again, as I posted earlier, google Title VII and "employer" and see who/what are not employers for purposes of discrimination in the workplace. It may give you and others a little context as well as comfort. Seriously.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 12:46:45 pm »

Guido, after reading your topic headline it occurred to me. There actually may not be a very good market for your rubbers. Try selling your barbeque sauce. Wink

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 12:48:54 pm »

Guido, after reading your topic headline it occurred to me. There actually may not be a very good market for your rubbers. Try selling your barbeque sauce. Wink

I am in tears over that. Also, I think you mean Gaspar as the BBQ sauce dude.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2012, 12:58:09 pm »

Ridiculous thread....

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCGFVFDQ7ic[/youtube]
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 01:11:28 pm »

I am in tears over that. Also, I think you mean Gaspar as the BBQ sauce dude.

Nah, I just figured if he did it, you could too.

onward...through the fog
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 01:28:09 pm »

Why should I take responsibility for someone else's irresponsibility?

Because it's cheaper in the long run. You can pay for their rubbers or you can pay for their kid's diapers/baby food/whatever. Also, there's just something wrong with the entire idea of using babies as "punishment".

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 01:58:12 pm »

Guido, after reading your topic headline it occurred to me. There actually may not be a very good market for your rubbers.

Condoms are made from latex as is paint. Just keep a gallon near the bed, dip that puppy in and run a fan over it to dry. You should be good.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org