A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:37:27 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Someone Please Pay for my Rubbers  (Read 124485 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2012, 07:51:15 pm »

Bachmann stays in her own little reality world.  Amazing that she is actually defending Limbaugh.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2012, 08:09:03 pm »

I'm really tired of this "both sides do it" routine. This woman from Georgetown is a law student who spoke as a citizen. Bachmann and Palin were running for President. Seems like those two occupations are different. You open yourself to a lot more criticism as a politician than as a citizen guest of a congressional panel.

Oh Bullsh!t waterboy. Fluke is an activist/opportunist that put herself out there. You can't just fart in a room and leave. And for those outraged by Limbaugh, please link to me your outrages over these commenters:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SPbEqCUb3hY#![/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/ed-schultz-apologizes-on-the-ed-show-for-calling-laura-ingraham-a-right-wing-slut.php

Rush is a total scumbag... he "doubled down" by asking to see vids of a college student?

This student is not an activist... she is a courageous spokesperson against the kind of scumbag partisanship you and your party and its affiliated radio stations have perfected to an art form.

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 09:28:32 pm »

I don't think you'll find too many people who agree with you on that Mr. G.

It wouldn't have mattered if it was Joe the Plumber, Rush would have attacked him and folks like you would call him an opportunist/activist. So the world keeps turning.....

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2012, 09:44:24 pm »

I don't think you'll find too many people who agree with you on that Mr. G.

It wouldn't have mattered if it was Joe the Plumber, Rush would have attacked him and folks like you would call him an opportunist/activist. So the world keeps turning.....

Won't find many in this forum, er your side, that won't agree. So what. Fact is, this 23 y/o (I'm sorry 30 y/o) political novice (nope, well traveled activist--ever wondered why SHE got asked by a former house speaker to speak?) exercised her free speech and others in this country are now exercising theirs. This includes Rush, who is now dealing with the fall out of his speech just like "she who gets plugged often".

Here's a link to a story covering the other side of the story.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sandra-fluke-a-fake-victim-of-georgetowns-policy-on-contraceptives/

And how did Joe the Plumber get brought in on this? Wasn't he randomly asked a question by Obama at his campaign rally? Oh this is just like Fluke reading prepared testimony to the House.  Roll Eyes

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2012, 10:14:50 pm »

If your desire for an argument leads you to carrying water for Rush freakin' Limbaugh, you might want to step back and think about it for a minute.

You may have noticed that nobody is saying that Rush doesn't have the right to say whatever crosses his dopey mind. One's use of that right is not, however, free from consequences. What a sad world it would be if we weren't allowed to disagree with each other out of some bastardized concept of freedom of speech.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacks fan
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2012, 10:36:55 pm »

Won't find many in this forum, er your side, that won't agree. So what. Fact is, this 23 y/o (I'm sorry 30 y/o) political novice (nope, well traveled activist--ever wondered why SHE got asked by a former house speaker to speak?) exercised her free speech and others in this country are now exercising theirs. This includes Rush, who is now dealing with the fall out of his speech just like "she who gets plugged often".
Here's a link to a story covering the other side of the story.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sandra-fluke-a-fake-victim-of-georgetowns-policy-on-contraceptives/
And how did Joe the Plumber get brought in on this? Wasn't he randomly asked a question by Obama at his campaign rally? Oh this is just like Fluke reading prepared testimony to the House.  Roll Eyes

Like how you support Rush by quoting the website "The Blaze", run by Glenn Beck, who is also one step from falling off the wagon except when he is plugging the people that pay his fees, who so he doesn't suffer the effects of being an over the air talking head and is now almost completely web based so he can say what he wants because he owns the website that he is on. I predict that elRushbo will soon be a web based talking head. And yes I am a conservative Republican that is losing faith in the party. Also I can't stand the opposite people on msnbc. Everytime I see Ed Schultz, Reverend Al and all the others I want to puke.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2012, 10:41:17 pm »

If your desire for an argument leads you to carrying water for Rush freakin' Limbaugh, you might want to step back and think about it for a minute.

You may have noticed that nobody is saying that Rush doesn't have the right to say whatever crosses his dopey mind. One's use of that right is not, however, free from consequences. What a sad world it would be if we weren't allowed to disagree with each other out of some bastardized concept of freedom of speech.

Same goes for your carrying water for soccer punk. Shame how that free speech consequences thingy only works if its an attack by the likes of you.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »

soccer punk

What are you on about now?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2012, 10:49:45 pm »

Like how you support Rush by quoting the website "The Blaze", run by Glenn Beck, who is also one step from falling off the wagon except when he is plugging the people that pay his fees, who so he doesn't suffer the effects of being an over the air talking head and is now almost completely web based so he can say what he wants because he owns the website that he is on. I predict that elRushbo will soon be a web based talking head. And yes I am a conservative Republican that is losing faith in the party. Also I can't stand the opposite people on msnbc. Everytime I see Ed Schultz, Reverend Al and all the others I want to puke.

I don't you mind ripping the source as long as you rip its content. Got an issue with the facts of the story I'd like to read them.
There are a lion share of folks in here who get their news from CNN, NYT, Washington Post, etc., each having palpable journalistic bias. We even get web-based crap from "talking points memo" (I didn't see you pick at that site, tho I might have missed it). However, your staking your flag over my linking to "The Blaze"? Come on. And seriously, Rush, who I do not listen to since I work during the day with no time for talk radio, is going the way of the web? Wow.

dbacks fan
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »

Hmmm, let's see, contributor to "The Blaze" Glenn Beck on a "Freedom Of Speech" controversy....

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/jellyfish-capitalism-and-the-jeremy-lin-saga/

Free speech is something that we are all granted in the Constitution, but to publicly on the air call someone a "slut" "whore" and "I want a sex tape of them" is way out of bounds. To air a disagreement and share an editorial opinion is fine. That's what I understand the amendment to mean. But to liable and slander someone in a public manner is, to me, not an acceptable thing. Call me a simpleton or call me stupid, he was way out of line for his comments. Just because he is "The bellweather" of the so called conservative party, and he is no representation of my conservative thoughts, doesn't give him liscense to say what ever he wants.
dbacks fan
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2012, 11:23:10 pm »

Actually guido I offer a challenge. When I get back to Tulsa, I will find you in a public forum, and I will hurl insults, slander and slurs against you. How long will it take you to file charges aganst me? And I will proclaim that my statements are my given right under the first amendment in accordance with freedom of speech, regardless of their validity. Who wins that battle?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2012, 11:30:42 pm »

Hmmm, let's see, contributor to "The Blaze" Glenn Beck on a "Freedom Of Speech" controversy....

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/jellyfish-capitalism-and-the-jeremy-lin-saga/

Free speech is something that we are all granted in the Constitution, but to publicly on the air call someone a "slut" "whore" and "I want a sex tape of them" is way out of bounds. To air a disagreement and share an editorial opinion is fine. That's what I understand the amendment to mean. But to liable and slander someone in a public manner is, to me, not an acceptable thing. Call me a simpleton or call me stupid, he was way out of line for his comments. Just because he is "The bellweather" of the so called conservative party, and he is no representation of my conservative thoughts, doesn't give him liscense to say what ever he wants.

Libel and slander? Are you being serious? Whether you like Rush or not, today's line of what constitutes acceptable discourse is so damned blurry accusing one of such is almost frivolous.  Did you not see the video I posted of those three "men" ripping on women? Maher calling Palin a dumb "twat", and referencing Clinton's "c%nt"? Get some perspective.

Still, I do like to read lay persons understanding as to what sort of speech is acceptable and what amounts to actionable defamation. The slippery slope becomes readily apparent in very short order.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2012, 11:37:48 pm »

Actually guido I offer a challenge. When I get back to Tulsa, I will find you in a public forum, and I will hurl insults, slander and slurs against you. How long will it take you to file charges aganst me? And I will proclaim that my statements are my given right under the first amendment in accordance with freedom of speech, regardless of their validity. Who wins that battle?
Is this public forum going to be me testifying before Congress on demanding how insurance companies should cover birth control on the heals of the president wanting religious-affiliated institutions provide that coverage? Again, get some freakin perspective or more of these softballs will find their way over the fence.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2012, 11:40:12 pm »

Here's another story on Rush's victim.

http://mrctv.org/blog/sandra-fluke-gender-reassignment-and-health-insurance

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org