A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:06 pm
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767443 times)
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #1005 on: May 10, 2018, 07:14:20 am »

Does anyone know if once the Gathering Place construction is complete along the river bank they will keep the water level stable in Zink Lake above the low water dam?  It's been fairly low and I imagine it's to aid construction but hope to see it full again once that's finished.  Then I guess there will be another round of construction when they rebuild the low water dam/whitewater flume and the new pedestrian bridge.  Vision 2025 or anyone know the anticipated timeline for those projects?

So I want to point out that the reason for the river having water or not having water depends upon on electric rates and flood control more than a few construction crews. Keystone hasn't been particularly high this year, so they may be holding onto water until they need it. That lake isn't controlled by an entity that is known for quick changes to benefit locals. Crossland/Kaisers could be paying for the water to be held back, but probably there is a more boring reason.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #1006 on: May 11, 2018, 08:01:42 am »

Maybe in a few generations your family will start to fit in....!   Always be the new people, but at least accepted as locals.

I'm not from here
But people tell me it's not like it used to be
They say I should've been here, back about ten years
Before it got ruined by folks like me

"I'm Not From Here" - James McMurtry

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #1007 on: May 11, 2018, 08:30:05 am »

Does anyone know if once the Gathering Place construction is complete along the river bank they will keep the water level stable in Zink Lake above the low water dam?  It's been fairly low and I imagine it's to aid construction but hope to see it full again once that's finished.  Then I guess there will be another round of construction when they rebuild the low water dam/whitewater flume and the new pedestrian bridge.  Vision 2025 or anyone know the anticipated timeline for those projects?
Sorry for the delay just saw this.

The Zink gates are being operated to allow for the Gathering Place construction and at times we understand hydropower releases have been forgone for compensation in order to provide more workable area/days for the sand harvest necessary for the embankment construction and also for construction/enhancement of the permit mitigation areas generally in the area of the Crow creek delta.

From my observation, I would anticipate the gates being raised to stabilize the Zink pool elevation something this summer.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1008 on: May 11, 2018, 08:57:25 am »

Sorry for the delay just saw this.

The Zink gates are being operated to allow for the Gathering Place construction and at times we understand hydropower releases have been forgone for compensation in order to provide more workable area/days for the sand harvest necessary for the embankment construction and also for construction/enhancement of the permit mitigation areas generally in the area of the Crow creek delta.

From my observation, I would anticipate the gates being raised to stabilize the Zink pool elevation something this summer.

Appreciate the update.  Anything new on the whitewater flume and pedestrian bridge timeline?

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #1009 on: May 11, 2018, 09:16:27 am »

Appreciate the update.  Anything new on the whitewater flume and pedestrian bridge timeline?
The flume is part of the dam project and is currently a bit under a year from anticipated bid advertisement.  Sorry I don't have any information on the bridge schedule.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1010 on: May 16, 2018, 08:36:53 am »

Does anyone know if one of the new buildings in the park will have a restaurant/cafe?  It seems like a no brainer but I wasn't sure, maybe at The Lodge?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1011 on: May 16, 2018, 10:56:36 am »

Does anyone know if one of the new buildings in the park will have a restaurant/cafe?  It seems like a no brainer but I wasn't sure, maybe at The Lodge?

I've been told by a friend of mine he has been interviewing as the food and beverage director so my guess is there is some sort of facility like that, but no idea if that is catering only or by the meal.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1012 on: May 24, 2018, 10:17:49 am »

This place needs to freaking open already.  Angry
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #1013 on: May 24, 2018, 11:48:53 am »

This place needs to freaking open already.  Angry

Don't hold your breath. Hopefully by September. The last photos and aerial shots showed a LOT of remaining work to be done. Virtually no sod laid and several decent sized projects in process. The "November 2017" announce date was always a pipe dream. If it does open this Summer, it'll be close to the last technical day of summer.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1014 on: May 24, 2018, 02:35:03 pm »

Don't hold your breath. Hopefully by September. The last photos and aerial shots showed a LOT of remaining work to be done. Virtually no sod laid and several decent sized projects in process. The "November 2017" announce date was always a pipe dream. If it does open this Summer, it'll be close to the last technical day of summer.
And their website says opening "Late Spring/Summer". Maybe they mean 2019?  Roll Eyes
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1015 on: May 28, 2018, 05:04:46 pm »

And their website says opening "Late Spring/Summer". Maybe they mean 2019?  Roll Eyes

Early September, I believe they are targeting the weekend of Sep. 8&9 for a grand opening celebration.  Hopefully they will also be unveiling their plans for the future phases around that time.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1016 on: May 29, 2018, 09:22:46 am »

Early September, I believe they are targeting the weekend of Sep. 8&9 for a grand opening celebration.  Hopefully they will also be unveiling their plans for the future phases around that time.
That's ridiculous. If nothing else, they need to get Riverside Drive open NOW. My patience – and that of the entire city, I would guess – is beyond worn thin.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1017 on: May 29, 2018, 10:30:39 am »

That's ridiculous. If nothing else, they need to get Riverside Drive open NOW. My patience – and that of the entire city, I would guess – is beyond worn thin.

Eh...used to it now. 

Riverside will be difficult for the first few months as people get used to the new build.

I plan to avoid it for a while after it opens.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1018 on: May 30, 2018, 11:21:56 am »

I'm not from here
But people tell me it's not like it used to be
They say I should've been here, back about ten years
Before it got ruined by folks like me

"I'm Not From Here" - James McMurtry

Ain't it the truth...

When I was in Stillwater for a while, got that.  Even though 2 family members were participants in the land grab run and stayed til around WWI. 

And old family place way east of here, where there is even a road named after my family and one of the guys was a banker who also was State Senator for a few terms.  When I go back now, it is as an outsider even though it has been happening for over 35 years.  Those people who are playing that are the new people from my family perspective!   Bunch of squatters moved in from somewhere else, ruining the way it used to be in the good ole days!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1019 on: May 30, 2018, 08:52:00 pm »

The road will actually possibly open AFTER the park.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org