A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:59:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767233 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #960 on: March 15, 2018, 10:23:19 am »

My son went with his school to a recent sneak preview and was very excited about the park.

He said he and his friends had a lot of fun there.

So at least after all the bitching and complaining coming from the multitudes about the park, I received a positive from someone to whom the park matters.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #961 on: March 15, 2018, 03:25:37 pm »

Very cool.

So does anybody know when this will actually open?

Before the next DFest
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #962 on: March 16, 2018, 09:13:49 am »

My son went with his school to a recent sneak preview and was very excited about the park.

He said he and his friends had a lot of fun there.

So at least after all the bitching and complaining coming from the multitudes about the park, I received a positive from someone to whom the park matters.

My daughter (kindergarten) said the castle was her favorite part.  "I can play real life princess."  The excitement on her face was priceless.  It's going to be a huge plus for Tulsa.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #963 on: March 16, 2018, 10:42:50 am »

Before the next DFest

Good one...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #964 on: March 16, 2018, 01:08:03 pm »

Sorry, but if the shoe fits...

I was really enthusiastic until I saw how poorly planned the lighting was in a place where good lighting really matters (like a fragile ecosystem along a river).

https://adlt.com.au/case/tooway-bridge/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:38:02 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #965 on: March 16, 2018, 01:47:39 pm »

Sorry, but if the shoe fits...

I was really enthusiastic until I saw how poorly planned the lighting was in a place where good lighting really matters (like a fragile ecosystem along a river).

https://adlt.com.au/case/tooway-bridge/

Fragile ecosystems pretty much become toast when you build large places for human activity.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #966 on: March 16, 2018, 01:52:41 pm »

Fragile ecosystems pretty much become toast when you build large places for human activity.

Yeah, that was my thought as well.   That stretch of river hasn't be "fragile" from an ecosystem perspective in a long time...

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #967 on: April 18, 2018, 12:01:52 am »

I noticed there will be a new traffic light at 27th St which is the main vehicular entrance to the park off Riverside.  I was nearby and noticed these poles everywhere with what looks like lights on them, with this much lighting will the park be open past dark or close down like other public parks from dust until dawn?

The park is coming together and looks complete in parts and still months away in other areas, like along the river.  Anyone want to guess when the park and Riverside finally open?

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #968 on: April 18, 2018, 10:25:18 am »

I noticed there will be a new traffic light at 27th St which is the main vehicular entrance to the park off Riverside.  I was nearby and noticed these poles everywhere with what looks like lights on them, with this much lighting will the park be open past dark or close down like other public parks from dust until dawn?

Dusk-to-dawn blue-rich lighting along the river would be a disaster for the wildlife.  There's a certain kind of blindness that wont fix, but at least some curfew would be better than none.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #969 on: April 18, 2018, 10:35:37 am »

Considering the sidewalk thing, I'm going to guess that the park neighbors have the ability to force this park closed by bedtime.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #970 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:22 pm »

Considering the sidewalk thing, I'm going to guess that the park neighbors have the ability to force this park closed by bedtime.

I think general curfew, closing time, for Tulsa parks is 11:00?  So, they would need lights.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #971 on: April 18, 2018, 02:34:58 pm »

I think general curfew, closing time, for Tulsa parks is 11:00?  So, they would need lights.

It looks like there are a bunch of tall poles with lights scattered around so I imagine it will be well-lit at night.  Not sure about the part closer to the river, that is the portion that appears to be the furthest from being finished. 

Really interested to see what the jogging/bike trail will look like going through there.  The old one had a dangerous pinch point at the pedestrian bridge which is obviously gone now.  Speaking of the pedestrian bridge it's a shame it won't be open when the rest of the park is ready..

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #972 on: April 18, 2018, 04:33:15 pm »

Dusk-to-dawn blue-rich lighting along the river would be a disaster for the wildlife.  There's a certain kind of blindness that wont fix, but at least some curfew would be better than none.

What kind of lighting is along the trails now or has been along the trails?

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #973 on: April 18, 2018, 06:25:37 pm »

What kind of lighting is along the trails now or has been along the trails?

These

as opposed to these

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:29:25 pm by patric » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #974 on: April 19, 2018, 10:59:26 am »

These

as opposed to these

Is the bottom pic street lighting since TGP or was that before?  I'm assuming this is near the 41st St. light?

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org