A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:53:18 am
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767508 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #945 on: February 22, 2018, 06:35:43 pm »

I was trying to be polite. Maybe I should've just said it mostly looks like one of those country-towns that went by the wayside a long time ago with a few interesting homes here and there from mostly the ugly/cheap eras of housing, but the whole place is just depressing to me. It is a shame because I really wanted to buy a house or two there back around 2008/2010 as the houses were dirty cheap then but it was so hideous and lacked any sort of character and I knew I'd always hate the atmosphere so I opted for Renaissance Neighborhood which worked out really well and is even nicer now whereas (outside of the main "Rose District" strip), downtown BA neighborhoods still look and feel like a run down country town.

Renaissance is a hodgepodge collection of homes done up well with only a few out of place/ugly homes left. It feels more eclectic and less accidental with most homes built in the eras where they cared about beautiful architectur (so pre-1940s). I hope the Pearl District can really pick up because there are some gorgeous old Victorian and craftsman style homes just waiting for the right person to give them some care.

What part of town is that??   I know I must have driven through it before, but don't know it by that name...   The only thing searches are giving me is Renaissance Park, and that can't be it - they are all new.   

Or are you talking Tulsa..??  If so, I agree it is a wonderful neighborhood!  Have looked around there many times, but never have found a place to get when I had the opportunity to buy....haven't moved in several decades.  Closest I ever got was 11th and Pittsburgh - tiny place, but loved the neighborhood!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #946 on: February 23, 2018, 10:09:25 am »

What part of town is that??   I know I must have driven through it before, but don't know it by that name...   The only thing searches are giving me is Renaissance Park, and that can't be it - they are all new.   

Or are you talking Tulsa..??  If so, I agree it is a wonderful neighborhood!  Have looked around there many times, but never have found a place to get when I had the opportunity to buy....haven't moved in several decades.  Closest I ever got was 11th and Pittsburgh - tiny place, but loved the neighborhood!!

Yes, Renaissance Neighborhood in Tulsa (Lewis to Harvard from 11th to 15th). It's approximately 1300 houses and about 3,000 residents. I like all the neighborhoods around there.

Even the one west of TU is getting fixed up. Most all of the houses are being redone and it looks like some organizations might be helping people repaint/update the outside of houses because the outside of just about every house is being updated or has been updated in the last year or two.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #947 on: February 26, 2018, 08:43:17 am »

I rode my bike down the infamous new sidewalk this weekend.  Very well done and Veterans Park really is closer than you think.  I really hope we can get a drive in Tulsa for people to accept walking a few blocks as normal and stop insisting on ridiculously large parking lots.  Lets get off some of those "fattest" and "unhealthiest" cities lists.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #948 on: February 26, 2018, 11:03:32 am »

I rode my bike down the infamous new sidewalk this weekend.  Very well done and Veterans Park really is closer than you think.  I really hope we can get a drive in Tulsa for people to accept walking a few blocks as normal and stop insisting on ridiculously large parking lots.  Lets get off some of those "fattest" and "unhealthiest" cities lists.

Maybe this will help: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/city-s-new-bike-share-program-to-begin-with-stations/article_63bb233a-9610-5519-b6ce-76b73e4b45a9.html

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #949 on: March 07, 2018, 11:35:21 am »

This is from a proposal in Denver but something like this would be amazing for the commercial development portion along Crow Creek (Phase 3):

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:07:43 pm by SXSW » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #950 on: March 07, 2018, 01:29:35 pm »

This is from a proposal in Denver but something like this would be amazing for the commercial development portion along Crow Creek (Phase 3):

You've been getting some dead links in your posts recently, not sure if it's the server or the address, the second image in this one has a massive address, might be part of the issue.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #951 on: March 07, 2018, 02:08:40 pm »

You've been getting some dead links in your posts recently, not sure if it's the server or the address, the second image in this one has a massive address, might be part of the issue.

Linking from Google Photos, which seem to show up on the desktop site but not on the mobile site.   Huh

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #952 on: March 07, 2018, 03:20:34 pm »

Linking from Google Photos, which seem to show up on the desktop site but not on the mobile site.   Huh

Tulsanow has a mobile site?!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #953 on: March 08, 2018, 01:29:51 pm »

Yes, Renaissance Neighborhood in Tulsa (Lewis to Harvard from 11th to 15th). It's approximately 1300 houses and about 3,000 residents. I like all the neighborhoods around there.

Even the one west of TU is getting fixed up. Most all of the houses are being redone and it looks like some organizations might be helping people repaint/update the outside of houses because the outside of just about every house is being updated or has been updated in the last year or two.

Always has been an attractive area to me...good to hear there is "freshening" going on!   I have a friend with their 'second' house somewhere in that area.  Was there once, but don't remember how to get there since they drove.  Loved that old place, even on the tiny lot!!  So much character and great interior 'bones'...

BA - many of those old "soulless" houses you are talking about had vinyl siding added years ago.   Even more years ago, some had the old asbestos shingle siding - occasionally you can see where a tile has broken off and the original narrow bead wood siding is exposed.  Take off the "modern" crappiness and there are some interesting surfaces on probably most of those old places.  And even the post war ones that were built that way (very few of them in that area) could be rehabbed with some decent siding instead of that mid century garbage siding (vinyl and asbestos shingle).

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:10:55 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #954 on: March 08, 2018, 07:39:01 pm »

If you go by 12th & Gary you can see one of the first demonstrations of shielded streetlights, still up and running.  What a shame that didnt carry on to some place like the river where it is desperately needed.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #955 on: March 14, 2018, 01:51:48 pm »

At a recent shot of the rock canyon area from the air

Rendering

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #956 on: March 14, 2018, 02:28:50 pm »

Very cool.

So does anybody know when this will actually open?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #957 on: March 14, 2018, 02:45:44 pm »

Very cool.

So does anybody know when this will actually open?

They keep saying 'late Spring'.

I call shenanigans.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #958 on: March 14, 2018, 04:26:13 pm »

They keep saying 'late Spring'.

Have "they" actually said which year?  Or perhaps how late spring, as in so late it's actually summer.

Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #959 on: March 14, 2018, 04:29:13 pm »

Have "they" actually said which year?  Or perhaps how late spring, as in so late it's actually summer.

Grin

Well, just saw a piece on KOTV about this....they're saying summer, but will wait for the spring rains to set a firm date.  So that could be anytime up to Sep 21...  Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org