A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:46:20 am
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767523 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #765 on: April 10, 2015, 10:26:54 am »

And yet a normal person looks at that map and see about 6 parking lots.  It's Tulsa, you should be familiar with what a parking lot looks like and not need it labeled.

Remember, you're dealing with someone who thinks these signs are not needed in parking lots for the parks.......

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #766 on: April 10, 2015, 12:11:54 pm »

Because they are not runners no doubt. Or just too damn old.

onward...through the fog
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #767 on: April 13, 2015, 09:19:41 am »

Remember, you're dealing with someone who thinks these signs are not needed in parking lots for the parks.......

I just questioned why a jogging trail user would need handicapped parking- that's all no biggie. It makes no sense to me.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #768 on: April 13, 2015, 09:24:19 am »

As for the "Gathering Place" Map- if those are parking spaces that are circled in red- that's fine but it is not labeled as for parking. It looks more like a roadway thru the park. I noticed They labeled everything in the park map  but not the places to park... Parking is a bear as it is all around Riverparks. I hope your correct and those are parking spaces.

saintnicster
« Reply #769 on: April 13, 2015, 09:42:21 am »

As for the "Gathering Place" Map- if those are parking spaces that are circled in red- that's fine but it is not labeled as for parking. It looks more like a roadway thru the park. I noticed They labeled everything in the park map  but not the places to park... Parking is a bear as it is all around Riverparks. I hope your correct and those are parking spaces.

Ever been to Woodward Park and park in that gigantic, labeled parking lot?
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #770 on: April 13, 2015, 09:57:12 am »

Like jogging paths being used for walking, wheelchairs, strollers, skaters or unicycles....it just doesn't make sense to him.

onward...through the fog
rebound
City Father

« Reply #771 on: April 13, 2015, 10:56:11 am »

Hey, slightly off topic but not too far, and and honest question.  When the riverside bike/jogging paths split, which side are skateboarders supposed to use?  Of all the different modes of transportation, those are the most problematic for me.  Too fast for the jogging side, and too slow (way too slow) for the bike lanes.  Is there an official position?  Just curious.   

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #772 on: April 13, 2015, 10:59:09 am »

Hey, slightly off topic but not too far, and and honest question.  When the riverside bike/jogging paths split, which side are skateboarders supposed to use?  Of all the different modes of transportation, those are the most problematic for me.  Too fast for the jogging side, and too slow (way too slow) for the bike lanes.  Is there an official position?  Just curious.   

I believe that the bike path is actually the "wheeled" path. Skates, skateboards, bicycles, unicycles, etc. However, if you are walking with the skateboard that's problematic!

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #773 on: April 13, 2015, 02:38:01 pm »

I believe the wheeled path and you are right, they do cause issues with cyclists.  Most are oblivious to their surroundings and I know of more than one friend who has had a skateboard, sans rider, shoot out in front of their bike and end up taking a nasty spill as a result.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #774 on: April 13, 2015, 09:01:38 pm »

I believe the wheeled path and you are right, they do cause issues with cyclists.  Most are oblivious to their surroundings and I know of more than one friend who has had a skateboard, sans rider, shoot out in front of their bike and end up taking a nasty spill as a result.

I had a similar issue many years agoon Riverside with a woman walking her dog across the path. My bicycle stops faster than I do, apparently.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #775 on: April 13, 2015, 10:13:00 pm »

Be nice - why does everyone make fun of this lady?  She is probably a very nice person....

Or not.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:17:19 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #776 on: April 14, 2015, 11:02:48 am »

At RiverSide Trails there is a  sign just north of  the 41st street parking area posted on a light pole and it has an arrow that points to the bike trail for skateboards & rollerblades, and another arrow that points to the jogging trail for walkers & runners- but that is the only sign I seen that tells ya  which side to use. I like the double trail system it keeps the bikes out of the way of runners. In Omaha, NE on the Keystone trail many cyclists think they own that trail and don't like joggers using it,  sometime rude cyclists fly by runners without saying "Passing on your left" or anything. The Keystone Trail in Omaha is long &  flat it runs for 23 miles with no street crossings and the cyclists like to race on it. As for the handicapped sign  issue  it does not make sense to me, if your going to use the trail why would it matter if you park up close to it or clear across the lot--Because  that extra 30 feet of distance means nothing if your going to be on the trail anyhow. It could be federal regulation since Omaha trail heads also have handicapped parking at the trail access points. >>> http://omaha.net/places/keystone-trail
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:09:59 am by sauerkraut » Logged

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #777 on: April 14, 2015, 11:15:44 am »

Tulsa has some nice trails but many of them  like the  the SandSprings Trail, Mingo, and Turnpike trail  have street crossings. It would be great if Tulsa could  build a trail system with no street crossings like other cities have.. Omaha, Nebraska has a outstanding trail system  >>http://www.traillink.com/trail/keystone-trail.aspx  >>>> Omaha is a runners city  >>>>  http://www.omahatrails.com
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:18:01 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #778 on: April 14, 2015, 11:17:34 am »

It would be great if Tulsa could  build a trail system with no street crossings like other cities have..

Get out there and do something about it.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #779 on: April 14, 2015, 11:24:48 am »

At RiverSide Trails there is a  sign just north of  the 41st street parking area posted on a light pole and it has an arrow that points to the bike trail for skateboards & rollerblades, and another arrow that points to the jogging trail for walkers & runners- but that is the only sign I seen that tells ya  which side to use. I like the double trail system it keeps the bikes out of the way of runners. In Omaha, NE on the Keystone trail many cyclists think they own that trail and don't like joggers using it,  sometime rude cyclists fly by runners without saying "Passing on your left" or anything. The Keystone Trail in Omaha is long &  flat it runs for 23 miles with no street crossings and the cyclists like to race on it. As for the handicapped sign  issue  it does not make sense to me, if your going to use the trail why would it matter if you park up close to it or clear across the lot--Because  that extra 30 feet of distance means nothing if your going to be on the trail anyhow. It could be federal regulation since Omaha trail heads also have handicapped parking at the trail access points. >>> http://omaha.net/places/keystone-trail

Thu, Apr 16 Total time: 3hr 53min
Depart
9:45 AM
Tulsa, OK , United States
Tulsa International Airport (TUL)
Stop 1
10:57 AM
Dallas, TX , United States
Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (DFW)  Terminal B
Change of planes. Time between flights: 0hr 52min
Flight 5806 Operated by MESA AIRLINES AS AMERICAN EAGLE

US Airways 5806
Economy
CRJ 900
1hr 12min
Seat map
Depart
11:49 AM
Dallas, TX , United States
Dallas-Fort Worth Airport (DFW)
Arrive
1:38 PM
Omaha, NE , United States
Eppley Airfield (OMA)
Flight 1286 Operated by American Airlines

US Airways 1286
Economy
Boeing Douglas MD-80
1hr 49min
Seat map
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org