A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:40 pm
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) A Gathering Place For Tulsa  (Read 767354 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1065 on: August 18, 2018, 06:02:48 pm »

I don't ignore the past, but how necessary is it really to keep dredging up things like the Race Riot as if it just happened? To me that is the antithesis of healing and progressing.  I feel fortunate to have grown up in a post CRA era where attitudes were changing towards other races.  I believe that was important.  However, to keep picking at scabs like the race riot, Tate Brady, etc. seems really counter-productive.  As you said we are projecting it.  I already know how bad and ignorant racial attitudes were 100 years ago, I don't need a daily refresher course to feel whole.

You mean our current President doesn't remind you of that every single day?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1066 on: August 18, 2018, 08:48:50 pm »

And our previous administration.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1067 on: August 18, 2018, 10:13:36 pm »

And our previous administration.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1068 on: August 18, 2018, 11:10:59 pm »

Yes. 8 years of anyone who disagreed with the Obama administration was labeled a RWRE bigoted racist hater who needs to sit down and shut up because elections have consequences and and the Republicans lost so be quiet.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1069 on: August 19, 2018, 06:39:14 am »

Yes. 8 years of anyone who disagreed with the Obama administration was labeled a RWRE bigoted racist hater who needs to sit down and shut up because elections have consequences and and the Republicans lost so be quiet.

Cite a source.  And from a mainstream outlet. Left wing journalism has its extremism too.  A lot of mainstream media outlets are saying our current president is a racist.  If it quacks like a duck...

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1070 on: August 19, 2018, 10:02:30 am »

Cite a source.  And from a mainstream outlet. Left wing journalism has its extremism too.  A lot of mainstream media outlets are saying our current president is a racist.  If it quacks like a duck...

https://capitalresearch.org/article/15603/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/8/cnn-documentary-republicans-are-racists-opposing-o/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:58:46 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1071 on: August 19, 2018, 11:01:37 am »

That's not at all a news article, it's a Obama hit piece by a far right wing "think tank".

It's simply the truth that while many non-racist people disagreed with Obama on his polices, there also were and are large numbers of racist people that hated him simply because he is black. Trump has built his base on the anger of those people.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1072 on: August 19, 2018, 11:13:16 am »

It's simply the truth that while many non-racist people disagreed with Obama on his polices, there also were and are large numbers of racist people that hated him simply because he is black. Trump has built his base on the anger of those people.
There is no doubt that those people exist.  Do you have any numbers? 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1073 on: August 19, 2018, 11:14:52 am »

Fortunately, I live a life now in a place and have a lifestyle that allows me to tune out the things which divide us as humans.  Of course, that's because I'm working my arse off 24/7 now that the brewery is open so I don't have time to get absorbed in it.  Cheesy

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1074 on: August 19, 2018, 03:45:11 pm »

Keep your politics out of this thread please..

Here are some recent pictures.  Lots of "sneak previews" currently happening for the corporations who donated and their employees.  Can't wait to drive through those tunnels..

rebound
City Father

« Reply #1075 on: August 20, 2018, 07:41:31 am »

Here are some recent pictures.  Lots of "sneak previews" currently happening for the corporations who donated and their employees.  Can't wait to drive through those tunnels..

I'm really looking forward to it opening.   I hear there is a going to be a preview for the local neighborhood later this month.  If I go, I'll take some pictures and post.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1076 on: August 20, 2018, 07:56:07 am »

Here are some recent pictures.  Lots of "sneak previews" currently happening for the corporations who donated and their employees.  Can't wait to drive through those tunnels..

Ouch. Metal slides and Oklahoma summer heat is not a good combo.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1077 on: August 20, 2018, 08:23:24 am »

Ouch. Metal slides and Oklahoma summer heat is not a good combo.

Saw that and thought the same thing.  Maybe they are actually plastic?  A lot of the playground equipment comes from Germany where it doesn't get as hot, hmm..

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1078 on: August 20, 2018, 10:05:44 am »

Im glad to see some shielded lighting, I just wish that were the case on Riverside Drive.

If the light color is closer to amber than blue I will heap praise... but I dont know that our city thinking has progressed that far yet.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1079 on: August 20, 2018, 10:16:25 am »

Im glad to see some shielded lighting, I just wish that were the case on Riverside Drive.

If the light color is closer to amber than blue I will heap praise... but I dont know that our city thinking has progressed that far yet.

Stava told me that the lights are not blue and are all on auto dimmers.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org