A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:56:18 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OOOLD Property Records  (Read 3633 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: August 27, 2017, 03:01:43 pm »

My house, and those around me, were built in the 50's. In one corner of my property, half buried, we found some building materials and concrete that seems to predate the neighborhood. There is one piece of concrete that looks like it has numbers, like an address number, but it's not very legible. There are also quit a few old bricks. Like these: https://flic.kr/p/WSCPCq

I'm wondering if this was part of an old fireplace for a house pre-dating the neighborhood but I'm not sure how I'd find out what was here before. Could also be someone just hoarding old random stuff. Weird either way.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:21:06 pm »

My house, and those around me, were built in the 50's. In one corner of my property, half buried, we found some building materials and concrete that seems to predate the neighborhood. There is one piece of concrete that looks like it has numbers, like an address number, but it's not very legible. There are also quit a few old bricks. Like these: https://flic.kr/p/WSCPCq

I'm wondering if this was part of an old fireplace for a house pre-dating the neighborhood but I'm not sure how I'd find out what was here before. Could also be someone just hoarding old random stuff. Weird either way.

Don't they do a deed history when you buy a house to make sure there are no outstanding claims or leans? You could look at your mortgage papers.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 04:02:07 pm »

They look prehistoric. You should donate to a museum.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 06:59:07 am »

You would do a property records search either at the Tulsa County Land Records / Court Clerk's office (someone there would likely help) or for whatever the online fee is you can do it here:
https://tulsaok-recorder.tylertech.com/recorder/web/

The search is by legal description, which will be on your deed (which you can find by searching your name in land records or at the Assessor's Website). 

Then just following the bread crumbs back.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:20:23 pm »

Likely pre-dates the subdivision.  I have found various old foundations, etc. over the years that were attributed to the Perryman Ranch.  Even remodeled a house that the original structure for was a line shack on the ranch. 

At one time they owned and or leased a LOT of land in the post-allotment days.  If you have an good abstract take a look at the Creek allotment document(s) and the history for a bit thereafter, it can be pretty interesting.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org