A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:19:37 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God's Quarterback  (Read 55144 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: December 11, 2011, 09:11:51 pm »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203413304577084770973155282.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop

I am no NFL fan. But it makes me feel good knowing that when Tebow leads his team to victory the far left bed wetter's heads explode.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 09:37:29 pm »

What does this have to do with "the far left bed wetter's"? How does this have a political slant?

Did you ever think that the Jets fans booed him just because he plays for the other team and not because he is outspoken about his faith?

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:26:13 pm »

What does this have to do with "the far left bed wetter's"? How does this have a political slant?

Did you ever think that the Jets fans booed him just because he plays for the other team and not because he is outspoken about his faith?

It has EVERYTHING to do with the far left. Your folks just can't stomach an out spoken, honest Christian. Here's your buddies:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=215x193093

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:35:39 pm »

It has EVERYTHING to do with the far left. Your folks just can't stomach an out spoken, honest Christian. Here's your buddies:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=215x193093

So your party is the only one with Christians? A single democrat doesn't like Tebow's show of faith and now all democrats hate Jesus?

You need to get a clue on reality. Your partisanship has made you delusional.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 11:36:43 pm »

So your party is the only one with Christians? A single democrat doesn't like Tebow's show of faith and now all democrats hate Jesus?

Are you really surprised though?  I'm not, even though he's now at least started addressing me by my moniker on this forum.

I seem to remember a group of Brits who wanted to flee the religious persecution from the Crown...oh yeah, those were the Pilgrims.

I now hear (and not necessarily from Gweed but from a lot of others) that the USA should adopt Christianity as its official religion.  Really?  Do we want to go down that road again?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 03:15:50 am »

I now hear (and not necessarily from Gweed but from a lot of others) that the USA should adopt Christianity as its official religion.  Really?  Do we want to go down that road again?
Yes, yes they do.  I've even heard the argument "We are the majority, and the majority rules!"  Of course they run with the line that if you are against someone who is an outspoken Christian it has to do with the fact that they are Christian.  Kind of reminds me of when they would get upset with those on the far left who any time anyone would speak out against Obama you had to be racist.  Same line of argument, both still wrong. (these are also the ones that scream we are taking Christ out of Christmas because you say Happy Holidays so as to include more than just them, they must be the center of attention)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 10:34:23 am »

Well I'm sure with all that is happening around the world it's important to note that Jesus ignores it to watch football.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 11:42:49 am »

I said the far left. But for you, confessing your far leftness is good for your soul.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:30:07 pm »

I admit to being far left. If we were talking baseball instead of football, I would play left field and stand in foul territory.

I also know many far left political people who are devout Christians. They have the ability to combine and contrast their political views from their religious views without judging others or assuming that any one issue defines their beliefs.

You should try it. 

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 01:51:09 pm »

I admit to being far left. If we were talking baseball instead of football, I would play left field and stand in foul territory.

I also know many far left political people who are devout Christians. They have the ability to combine and contrast their political views from their religious views without judging others or assuming that any one issue defines their beliefs.

You should try it. 

Sorry bub. Can't reconcile issues like supporting abortion rights or the death penalty in my religious views. You apparently can be a Christian when it suits you.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 02:27:42 pm »

Sorry bub. Can't reconcile issues like supporting abortion rights or the death penalty in my religious views. You apparently can be a Christian when it suits you.

So when do you decide that a Christian is not a Christian?  What are the boundaries?  Is there a line that suddenly makes someone not a Christian?  Can the line be stepped back over?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 03:27:32 pm »

So when do you decide that a Christian is not a Christian?  What are the boundaries?  Is there a line that suddenly makes someone not a Christian?  Can the line be stepped back over?

Amazing, isn't it?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 04:04:33 pm »

Or more importantly, when they are.

It's all the '1984' Orwellian redefinition of terms. 

Guido, got a news flash - you can't be a member of 'that' side if you are gonna be against the death penalty.

Abortion rights - you mean the ruling that prohibited the unwarranted government intrusion into the relationship between a woman and her doctor.  Keeping the government out of peoples personal business?

And yet it is ok for the government to stay out of Big Banks business while they rape the s*** (s*** = snot) out of the vast majority of the people dealing with them?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 04:26:51 pm »

I think I need to go repent. Guido has just informed me that I cannot be a Christian and a democrat. It must be ultra horrid that I see myself as a mixture of both parties.

Silly little heathen I am.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

It's Teabow's GF! http://www.zimbio.com/Tim+Tebow's+Girlfriend Is she a gift from Gawd?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org