A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:43:43 pm
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598136 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #645 on: September 16, 2016, 11:26:26 am »

The great pickle plague of 1843.  It was devastating.
The plague (or was it the flu) of 1918 was worse some say 50 million died from it- That number seems kinda high for me, but that is what some people claim. The 1918 plague/flu was called a "Pandemic". If you got it, it was tuff to recover- most did not.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #646 on: September 16, 2016, 11:35:15 am »

You do provide some levity in a seriously strange time.

onward...through the fog
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #647 on: September 16, 2016, 11:37:21 am »

As for legalizing MJ no one will change anyones mind here, I am against medical MJ use which  leads to R&R MJ use. I have known people who were very ill with cancer, strokes and other diseases and they were given regular medication and it worked well. Another point that is not mentioned when it comes to MJ -but is serious refers to gun laws and CCW- people  under the influence of MJ or any drug/alcohol cannot have a gun in their possession, it's a federal law. Oklahoma's "Stand your ground law" does not apply if your "mellowed out" on MJ because your not of sound mind. That apartment security guard who shot a kid sitting in his car and crippled him and he latter died was reported to have MJ in his system, the names escape me. The argument that people should have the right to use MJ in the privacy of their home is fine if they would stay in the house for 48 hours when they get high but they don't they venture out on the street and even drive while still under the influence.. It is what it is.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:39:08 am by sauerkraut » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #648 on: September 16, 2016, 11:37:31 am »

My nose is big, uh-uh I'm not ashamed
Big like a pickle, I'm still getting paid.....
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #649 on: September 16, 2016, 11:38:27 am »

You do provide some levity in a seriously strange time.

It's not levity the flu of 1918 was  real- it really happened.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #650 on: September 16, 2016, 11:39:54 am »

Oh, Officer McPickle. I just wanna ride my motor-sickle.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #651 on: September 16, 2016, 12:02:03 pm »

Oh, Officer McPickle. I just wanna ride my motor-sickle.

You are poking at a turd using a stick
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #652 on: September 16, 2016, 12:24:05 pm »

You are poking at a turd using a stick

Just be sure to wear latex gloves.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #653 on: September 16, 2016, 12:49:10 pm »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #654 on: September 16, 2016, 12:59:27 pm »

As for legalizing MJ no one will change anyones mind here, I am against medical MJ use which  leads to R&R MJ use. I have known people who were very ill with cancer, strokes and other diseases and they were given regular medication and it worked well.

Another point that is not mentioned when it comes to MJ -but is serious refers to gun laws and CCW- people  under the influence of MJ or any drug/alcohol cannot have a gun in their possession, it's a federal law. Oklahoma's "Stand your ground law" does not apply if your "mellowed out" on MJ because your not of sound mind. That apartment security guard who shot a kid sitting in his car and crippled him and he latter died was reported to have MJ in his system, the names escape me. The argument that people should have the right to use MJ in the privacy of their home is fine if they would stay in the house for 48 hours when they get high but they don't they venture out on the street and even drive while still under the influence.. It is what it is.

Now we know for a fact you are lying.  Once in each of the first two sentences.  Cancer in particular...the pain drugs currently used do NOT work well in WAY TOO MANY cases!!  Having had as many - if not more - friends and family as you with that affliction.  In fact, I would take it one step further and say that since you have advanced that particular fantasy, you have NOT known anyone who has had cancer!!

As for your specious (look it up, since you don't know the word) nonsense about CCW and gun laws....well, that also applies with alcohol.  No point to that comment whatsoever.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #655 on: September 16, 2016, 01:13:12 pm »

The plague (or was it the flu) of 1918 was worse some say 50 million died from it- That number seems kinda high for me, but that is what some people claim. The 1918 plague/flu was called a "Pandemic". If you got it, it was tuff to recover- most did not.

It was influenza.  Another reason for you to unplug from Faux News once in a while.  There have been DNA tests done that have positively identified the disease.  As for numbers, well, I guess that is just another reason for you to try to explore the real world once in a while.  There is a range of numbers possible and that one is good as any other.

Had a grandmother who was young at the time and parents kept her inside in the apt over their store in Kansas City.  She would sit in the front window and watch funeral processions from the flu.  Sometimes several a day....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #656 on: September 17, 2016, 01:14:41 am »

Sauer, the other thing you are oblivious to, is that while states have made recreational use/possession legal, it doesn't change the testing policies, pre-employment screening, random testing, testing after an incident, and termination for being under the influence at work irrelevant. And on a personal note, the two people that I knew that have died from heroin overdoses in the last year, were not pot smokers, they were addicted to opioid based pain killers to begin with. Your thinking is so flawed and based on scare tactics that it's beyond laughable. There is truth about addiction and addictive personalities, but claiming that marijuana is a gateway drug is just not right, and based on fear mongering that probably started before your parents were born. Sadly the most addictive and lethal drugs have been prescribed by doctors and blindly filled by pharmacists since the end of WWII, just by people asking their doctor for them.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #657 on: September 17, 2016, 08:03:11 am »

Gawd, I like that post. It shows you have some insight or experience with addictive personalities. The only purpose that Sauer serves is to elicit from people like you the correct responses, reinforce them to ourselves and try to educate others. Its a battle for our very survival in many ways.

Sauer, if there is a solid, unequivocal gateway drug that is also a clear indicator of addictive behavior its tobacco followed closely by alcohol.
Are you in favor of criminalizing their possession and use?

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #658 on: September 17, 2016, 08:57:45 am »

Your thinking is so flawed and based on scare tactics that it's beyond laughable. There is truth about addiction and addictive personalities, but claiming that marijuana is a gateway drug is just not right, and based on fear mongering that probably started before your parents were born.

He probably watched "Reefer Madness" a few too many times.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0028346/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #659 on: September 17, 2016, 11:16:39 am »

Sauer, the other thing you are oblivious to, is that while states have made recreational use/possession legal, it doesn't change the testing policies, pre-employment screening, random testing, testing after an incident, and termination for being under the influence at work irrelevant. And on a personal note, the two people that I knew that have died from heroin overdoses in the last year, were not pot smokers, they were addicted to opioid based pain killers to begin with. Your thinking is so flawed and based on scare tactics that it's beyond laughable. There is truth about addiction and addictive personalities, but claiming that marijuana is a gateway drug is just not right, and based on fear mongering that probably started before your parents were born. Sadly the most addictive and lethal drugs have been prescribed by doctors and blindly filled by pharmacists since the end of WWII, just by people asking their doctor for them.

One other thing I read is that in some studies done recently, it was shown that many people who were addicted to opioid pain medicines were able to get off that addiction once marijuana was used as a pain relief therapy as a replacement.

I know how addictive opioids can be.  I was taking oxycodone for a short time for a problem with my jaw that caused quite a bit of pain.  Doctor limited me to two refills and I found myself craving them a little after that.  Luckily that passed as I didn't pop them like Tic Tacs.  I can see, however, where there can be a physical addiction to them.  Once I realized I could mitigate the remaining pain with Naproxen (Aleve) I no longer craved it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org