A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:44:59 pm
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 595855 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #450 on: October 07, 2014, 12:31:49 pm »

In the news right now MJ causes Schizophrenia, with teen use the risk is higher. This is not rocket science stuff MJ is bad and we don't need legal MJ with thousands MORE people in public on our streets stoned out of their gourd. >>>>  http://www.futurity.org/teen-marijuana-abuse/

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #451 on: October 07, 2014, 12:44:00 pm »

And having done NO research, study or even thought hard about the subject, how could YOU possibly know?

Research? This is not rocket Science, MJ alters your brain that's why people use it-- and it now turns out it can cause schizophrenia & Mental illness.  Bottom line: Do we in  Oklahoma want thousands of Schizophrenia people on our streets and  driving cars by making MJ legal?  We already have enough wacked out people around... Talk about research- I did research on global warming and found that to be a total hoax, many people who  believe in global warming with never check it out for themselves, they just drink the kool-aid. Oops excuse me it's now "Climate Change".

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2014, 01:20:27 pm »

In the news right now MJ causes Schizophrenia, with teen use the risk is higher. This is not rocket science stuff MJ is bad and we don't need legal MJ with thousands MORE people in public on our streets stoned out of their gourd. >>>>  http://www.futurity.org/teen-marijuana-abuse/

Nothing new here.  Same old stuff that has been around forever.  Also, for tobacco as well as alcohol.  That is why, even when things are legal, they are still prohibited for kids.

Still haven't given a rational thought - maybe teen tobacco/alcohol use explains some things here...??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #453 on: October 07, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »

Research? This is not rocket Science, MJ alters your brain that's why people use it-- and it now turns out it can cause schizophrenia & Mental illness.  Bottom line: Do we in  Oklahoma want thousands of Schizophrenia people on our streets and  driving cars by making MJ legal?  We already have enough wacked out people around... Talk about research- I did research on global warming and found that to be a total hoax, many people who  believe in global warming with never check it out for themselves, they just drink the kool-aid. Oops excuse me it's now "Climate Change".

And as always, you prove once again, you know nothing about the topic.  There have ALWAYS been people roaming around with MJ wandering through their system to varying degrees.  And the degree of that participation doesn't change in any detectable fashion after legalization.  And the adverse societal effects have been shown to be nil - if nothing else, just by the lack of a body count.  Unlike alcohol AND tobacco - very noticeable body counts! 

You researched nothing on global warming - the studies are on global climate change.  And you didn't research any further than Jim Inhofe, Rush Limbaugh, and Matt Drudge - and even though they are all top noted climate scientists, they are on the wrong side of the facts.  Because climate change has actually been found to be real...wouldn't expect you to understand.  It has been shown to be affected by human activity.  This is the reality.

The only open questions relate to what effects it's gonna have on us, and just the most casual curiosity of what initiated the process this time around.  And that is not likely to be a cut and dried answer and really doesn't matter anyway, since we live in an analog continuum where everything is changing all the time.  We have been warmer and we have been colder.  The current CO2 levels are the only new thing that has entered into the equation - and we all know where that comes from!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #454 on: October 14, 2014, 10:02:09 am »

Denver police are worried people will give out their expensive cannabis candy to Trick-or-Treaters:

http://www.ladybud.com/2014/10/14/denver-police-watch-out-for-medicated-halloween-candy/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #455 on: October 20, 2014, 08:30:51 am »

I saw one of those things running around the internet that did a great job of explaining the difference between drunks and stoners....and why there is less worry about the stoners....

Drunk people run stop signs!

High people wait for them to turn green...

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #456 on: October 23, 2014, 01:05:02 pm »

BTW That Brown guy in Missouri who was shot by the cop, yep, the autopsy results came in and  his body was loaded with THC- it likely  affected his thinking when he knocked over the store and attacked the cop. He was using that stuff-- can you blame MJ 100% for  what Brown did?  maybe not, but it played a part it affects your noodle your  thinking, reasoning and logic. Without it in his system he may of responded better to the cops request and not of grabbed the cops gun. I'm just sayin'.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #457 on: October 23, 2014, 04:07:07 pm »

BTW That Brown guy in Missouri who was shot by the cop, yep, the autopsy results came in and  his body was loaded with THC- it likely  affected his thinking when he knocked over the store and attacked the cop. He was using that stuff-- can you blame MJ 100% for  what Brown did?  maybe not, but it played a part it affects your noodle your  thinking, reasoning and logic. Without it in his system he may of responded better to the cops request and not of grabbed the cops gun. I'm just sayin'.

Again, you try to conflate the effects of alcohol and marijuana.  The amount in his bloodstream would have been very small....if he was stoned, he would have mellowed out and not done the convenience store, or resisted the cop, if that is what happened - not saying it is...still don't have the whole story.

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #458 on: November 03, 2014, 01:56:16 pm »

Again, you try to conflate the effects of alcohol and marijuana.  The amount in his bloodstream would have been very small....if he was stoned, he would have mellowed out and not done the convenience store, or resisted the cop, if that is what happened - not saying it is...still don't have the whole story.

It should be remembed that the MJ of today is much more stronger than of past eras. It's effect is harder hitting to. No one who favors making MJ legal mentions that, they like to pretend it's  the same  MJ  of bygone eras, when it's much more potant.

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #459 on: November 03, 2014, 01:58:17 pm »

Some states are voting on making MJ legal I think FL is one of those states. It'll be intresting to see how the vote turns out. I think we have enough people with altered brains in public using  alcohol, we don't need to add MJ to that list.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #460 on: November 03, 2014, 02:21:16 pm »

Some states are voting on making MJclueless al I think FL is one of those states. It'll be intresting to see how the vote turns out. I think we have enough people with altered brains in public using  alcohol, we don't need to add MJ to that list.

I think you need to read up on what states are voting for recreational use opposed to Florida where the vote is for Medical Marijuana.

But I keep forgeting that you are just am old school voter that checks the box to vote for the party and then are clueless as to what anything else is about.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #461 on: November 03, 2014, 03:10:41 pm »

Some states are voting on making MJ legal I think FL is one of those states. It'll be intresting to see how the vote turns out. I think we have enough people with altered brains in public using  alcohol, we don't need to add MJ to that list.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #462 on: November 03, 2014, 03:38:47 pm »

I agree.  We certainly have enough people with altered brains.

Ed W

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #463 on: November 03, 2014, 04:09:19 pm »

It should be remembed that the MJ of today is much more stronger than of past eras. It's effect is harder hitting to. No one who favors making MJ legal mentions that, they like to pretend it's  the same  MJ  of bygone eras, when it's much more potant.

Ahhh...that's true...so the effect will be multiplied, leading to even greater waits at stop signs!  Slowing of traffic must be prevented at all costs.....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #464 on: November 03, 2014, 04:56:26 pm »

But I keep forgeting that you are just am old school voter that checks the box to vote for the party and then are clueless as to what anything else is about.

you have to vote to do that
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org