A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:46:02 pm
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 278443 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #555 on: December 20, 2016, 10:06:28 am »

I want to be able to buy a spray can of wasp and hornet killer at my liquor store.

Grin

Walmart can be your 1-stop shop for booze and ammo (and hornet killer).
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #556 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:30 am »

I want to be able to buy a spray can of wasp and hornet killer at my liquor store.

Grin

Good idea!   Sitting on the patio with a glass of wine on a warm-ish spring day seems to draw those little yellow wasp looking things to the 'sweet' aroma!  They are pernicious.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #557 on: December 20, 2016, 10:22:48 am »

I was unable to find a copy of the suit, but as I understand it from articles the core legal complaint is that QT and Walmart (and the like) can own as many high-point beer and wine locations as they want, while a resident of Oklahoma can only own 2 liquor stores under the new law.  Also, I think liquor stores are limited in the amount of non-alcohol items they can sell, but I'm not sure Walmart is similarly limited. I believe this is essentially the same challenge they brought before the vote, as described in detail in this July article.  Obviously that failed and the vote went forward, but the judge did indicate that the Court had some "questions" about the constitutionality of new law: http://journalrecord.com/2016/08/01/judge-denies-plea-to-block-alcohol-ballot-measure-law/

So we shall see...

14th Amendment violation is what they were claiming on the news

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #558 on: December 20, 2016, 10:37:26 am »

I posted the link to the RLAO and the page with it's 'members in good standing' on my FB page last night.  Evidently they didn't like that (I wasn't the only one that posted it) so all of their pages now go to a 404 not found.  LOL.

That should tell you just about everything you need to know about that outfit.  Ranch Acres is a member.  Collins Midtown is NOT.  B&B is also a member.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #559 on: December 20, 2016, 11:26:21 am »

Walmart can be your 1-stop shop for booze and ammo (and hornet killer).

The concept reminds me of a store I saw in south Texas.  Big pole sign with LIQUOR and GUNS in large letters at the top.  A little lower were some credit card accepted signs and then a large Marlboro sign. An adjacent portable sign showed the hours, checks cashed, cigars, fax, ammo and gun repair. 

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #560 on: December 23, 2016, 10:58:38 am »

14th Amendment violation is what they were claiming on the news

Liquor stores have an unfair advantage, they can sell spirits.  I believe "strong" beer in grocery (etc) stores is limited to 8.5%.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #561 on: December 23, 2016, 02:59:32 pm »

http://www.tommygunsvodka.com/products_old.php

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #562 on: January 06, 2017, 12:09:10 pm »

Arkansas created its own new corruption commission to regulate medical marijuana growers, demanding $100,000 a year to fund the commission.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southcentral/2017/01/06/437446.htm

Sort of how we cleaned up liquor laws only to have ABLE make it dirty again.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #563 on: January 06, 2017, 01:57:44 pm »

Discussion on Arkansas Marijuana laws added to this ongoing thread:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=18031.705

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #564 on: March 23, 2017, 02:06:58 pm »

Oklahoma inches closer to Sunday liquor sales

http://ktul.com/news/local/oklahoma-inches-closer-to-sunday-liquor-sales

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #565 on: March 23, 2017, 10:39:47 pm »

Ralph Shortey will become governor before we will have liquor sales on Sunday. 

This is Oklahoma, does anyone really doubt me?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #566 on: March 24, 2017, 11:31:32 am »

Ralph Shortey will become governor before we will have liquor sales on Sunday. 

Yeah, but gotta keep chipping away.  The walls will fall sooner or later. 

I do think though, that the tides are turning on all of this.  Maybe not this time, but it will happen.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #567 on: March 24, 2017, 05:52:17 pm »

Whata mean "this"?  You're in New Mexico.   Grin

I'd like to doubt you but I find it difficult.  But, if you had told me just a few years ago that brewers would be able to sell their beer at the brewery,  I would have just laughed.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2017, 11:19:33 am »

Hard Liquor On Sunday Clears State Senate

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/hard-liquor-sunday-clears-state-senate

The Oklahoma Senate has approved legislation allowing retail package liquor stores to sell alcohol on Sunday on a county-option basis.

The Senate voted 26-14 for the bill on Wednesday and sent it to the House.

Oklahoma currently prohibits retail package liquor stores from selling alcohol on Sunday.

The measure by Republican Sen. Stephanie Bice of Oklahoma City would allow voters to decide on a county-by-county basis whether licensed liquor stores can sell alcohol on Sundays. If approved, package liquor stores could sell alcohol between noon and midnight on Sunday, beginning in 2018.

Retail package liquor stores had hoped Sunday sales would be part of an overhaul of Oklahoma's alcohol laws approved by voters last year, but the language didn't make it into that proposal.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #569 on: May 17, 2017, 11:33:14 am »

Step in the right direction. That was the way that liquor by the drink came to be.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org