A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2019, 11:42:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 154120 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1050 on: February 09, 2019, 06:53:00 pm »

Pawhuska OR'ed the guys today.   The way they were treated is a disgrace.   Good job, Oklahoma...gonna attract a lot of attention with that one, too!   Sadly, all the wrong attention.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1051 on: February 11, 2019, 11:43:08 pm »

Pawhuska OR'ed the guys today.   The way they were treated is a disgrace.   Good job, Oklahoma...gonna attract a lot of attention with that one, too!   Sadly, all the wrong attention.

A prosecutor in the marijuana trafficking case against four hemp transporters purportedly told defense attorneys the state would dismiss the matter if samples tested at 0.5 percent THC or less — but charges remain in place despite a federal analysis finding just that.

Assistant District Attorney Michelle Bodine-Keely told defense attorneys “‘that if the THC level of the hemp is 0.5% or less then we would drop the charges against these guys’ and ‘we would release’ the hemp-merchandise,” according to a defense letter hand-delivered last week to the Osage County District Attorney’s Office.

The conversation reportedly included three defense attorneys and took place Jan. 10, the day after four men were arrested by Pawhuska police and the 9-ton shipment was seized during a traffic stop.

“I am confused as to why you have changed your position and are continuing with prosecuting men that truly could have not had any knowledge that this small margin of error had occurred,” Tulsa defense attorney Paul Brunton said in the letter.

The state statute used by the District Attorney’s Office to charge the four men defines marijuana as a “mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of marihuana,” using an alternative spelling.

“You seem to be convinced that my clients were knowingly and nefariously shipping hemp or, from your perspective, what would amount to be the worst quality of marijuana in the United States to Colorado, a state which grows and cultivates some of the most potent strains of marijuana in the world,” Brunton wrote.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/government-and-politics/prosecutor-allegedly-said-samples-at-thc-or-less-would-end/article_6e537f66-13bf-5e85-9e98-d6bf36527582.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1052 on: February 12, 2019, 09:03:05 am »

The conversation reportedly included three defense attorneys and took place Jan. 10, the day after four men were arrested by Pawhuska police and the 9-ton shipment was seized during a traffic stop.

But we CAN attract big companies and get good jobs - especially from some of those states that have legalized pot...!!

I still see no hope of us getting better.  We just elected Stitt...plus the rest of the Clown Show in OKC.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org