A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:41:44 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 134134 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2014, 10:05:54 am »

It only took one visit. Randy and I both did not like it. I like Andolini's, and Marley's is really good.

Did you get the deep pan or thin crust at Savastano's? 

Still have not tried Marley’s.  Must remember that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2014, 10:31:56 am »

How can you not like Chuy's

Don't know, but I don't.

Not tex-mex enough for my simple pallet, maybe?  And if I recall, their salsa was terrible.  If you are a mexican restaurant, and I don't like your salsa, I don't go back.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2014, 10:36:08 am »

Marley's is pretty good but is not anywhere where close to as good as Savistano's.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2014, 10:40:02 am »

Don't know, but I don't.

Not tex-mex enough for my simple pallet, maybe?  And if I recall, their salsa was terrible.  If you are a mexican restaurant, and I don't like your salsa, I don't go back.

Despite being from Austin, Chuy's has a lot New Mexican along with the Tex-Mex style food, that's what I prefer there. They have more than one salsa, maybe try another one?
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2014, 11:14:22 am »

We were with another couple and got one thin, one deep. We all had pretty much the same opinion. Service sucked too.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2014, 11:15:16 am »

We were with another couple and got one thin, one deep. We all had pretty much the same opinion. Service sucked too.

Wow, that just hasn’t been our experience at all, interesting.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2014, 11:17:54 am »

Wow, that just hasn’t been our experience at all, interesting.

Shows the value of consistency in food and service. One bad night can lose a new customer forever.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2014, 11:56:44 am »

I know a handful of people that once preferred Savastano's but now prefer Marleys.
combination of service n quality
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2014, 12:50:04 pm »

I know a handful of people that once preferred Savastano's but now prefer Marleys.
combination of service n quality

Most people that complain about Savistano's service simply don't get that a real Chicago style pizza can't be cooked in 15 minutes. It take a long time, 45+ minutes.

At Due's in Chicago you wait in line and when your wait is down to about an hour they take your order and it's ready when you finally get a table and sit down.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2014, 12:52:41 pm »

Most people that complain about Savistano's service simply don't get that a real Chicago style pizza can't be cooked in 15 minutes. It take a long time, 45+ minutes.

At Due's in Chicago you wait in line and when your wait is down to about an hour they take your order and it's ready when you finally get a table and sit down.

I don’t think we’ve ever waited that long for a pie there.  It’s usually out not terribly long after we finish our salads.  I’m guessing +/- 25 minutes I’ve never thought to time it before.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2014, 12:55:00 pm »

Shows the value of consistency in food and service. One bad night can lose a new customer forever.

Correct.  I think that’s what tanked The Alley.  They were getting really inconsistent, especially with their daily specials.  Any of the daily menu items was almost always spot-on.

There’s been a few places MC and I have gone the first time and said: “Never again.”  We will give most places a second chance, there are simply some who didn’t earn that chance.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2014, 01:10:36 pm »

They are going to another Chicago style place. If Marleys can get it done in 30 and Savastano's takes an hour, it's not the pizza's fault.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2014, 06:37:02 pm »

If anyone ever wants to get a frame of reference for Mexican - take the short trip up to Claremore and try El Charro.  That will give one an appreciation for ALL the local Tulsa Mexican restaurants!  I'm betting even Taco Mayo would taste good in following years.....

It's all about the perspective!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2014, 11:19:30 pm »

If anyone ever wants to get a frame of reference for Mexican - take the short trip up to Claremore and try El Charro.  That will give one an appreciation for ALL the local Tulsa Mexican restaurants!  I'm betting even Taco Mayo would taste good in following years.....

It's all about the perspective!

Heard a good one tonight, (loosely paraphrasing) “If it doesn’t give me gastric distress for a few days, it’s NOT real Mexican!”

If the fellow who shared this with me cares to expand on it or correct for errors, feel free.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2014, 07:45:14 am »

Not a fan of Chuy's.  Everything is served too hot and overly spicy in my opinion.

That said, everybody has an opinion on what is good Mexican food and what Mexican food really is.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org