A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:01 am
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351646 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2021, 10:28:24 pm »

I'm just happy they allowed a sidewalk and angled parking in front of the Subway building. I remember from one of the very early meetings about the street reconstruction that the city engineer hinted pretty clearly that the Subway building owners weren't going to allow it to be changed. Google maps still shows what it was like before. Awful for pedestrians.

The way it is set up now a future business could expand out to the sidewalk or have a huge outdoor patio

brettakins
Activist

« Reply #571 on: September 14, 2021, 09:56:36 am »

Hearing Velvet Taco as well.  I was hoping for a new build to the corner here but definitely better than an empty building

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/dining/velvet-taco-coming-to-former-long-john-silvers-location/article_28c87536-14d9-11ec-99f6-fb2c248d4c34.html#tracking-source=home-trending

Its been confirmed that its Velvet taco. So you have Velvet Tacos and Foxy Tacos right up the street
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2021, 10:00:16 am »

Don't they have Foxy and Velvet over at Night Trips?
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #573 on: September 14, 2021, 10:04:01 am »

Don't they have Foxy and Velvet over at Night Trips?

They were understudies to Lexi and Porche.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #574 on: September 14, 2021, 10:07:46 am »

They were understudies to Lexi and Porche.

I could make a taco joke now, but that might be going a bit far.
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #575 on: September 16, 2021, 04:08:14 pm »

I didn't see any mention of this here.  It appears McNellie's Group is wanting to open a restaurant and add some office space at 18th and Cincinnati.

http://www.tulsaplanning.org/tmapc/cases/Z-7626.pdf

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #576 on: September 16, 2021, 08:01:19 pm »

Neat. I didn't look carefully, but I don't see any indication of which restaurant concept it will include. I wonder if it will be the first stand alone version of their asian restaurant that they've been incubating next to their HQ. Still haven't tried that one out yet. In any case, that's another step forward for this up and coming little district.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #577 on: September 16, 2021, 10:56:53 pm »

Elliot Nelson is hosting a neighborhood meeting next Wednesday about this project. Here is what Elliot put on Facebook:

I’m hosting a neighborhood meeting/Q&A next Wednesday, September 22, at 1810 S. Cincinnati Ave. at 6:30pm to discuss a rezoning application we’ve filed on the property. Despite being a commercial building since 1932, the building is zoned for multi-family residential use. Our intent is to rehab the building and turn it back into a commercial use, but in order to do so, we need to rezone the property as mixed-use. As part of the rezoning process, INCOG has asked us to host a neighborhood meeting to talk about the project and answer questions. Please stop by if you’re interested. McNellie’s Group will be on hand with adult beverages and Rose Rock Microcreamery will have ice cream for the kids. Hope to see you there and I can’t wait to bring this building back to life!

https://www.facebook.com/MapleRidgeNeighborhood/posts/4728941277119074
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #578 on: September 16, 2021, 11:20:06 pm »

So much potential in the 18th & Boston/Cincinnati area with the MV trail, hopefully we see some trail-side development there like you see along the Katy Trail in Dallas.  

I know the Knoll at Maple Ridge is dead but hopefully something like it can be revived in that location and along 18th where the Louisianne building used to be.  These would be immediately popular especially on nice weather days.  Even more so once the pedestrian bridge is completed and you can bike directly across the river
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 10:20:28 am by SXSW » Logged

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #579 on: September 27, 2021, 10:07:56 am »

The gas station at 15th and Utica looks to be going out of business. Seems they've done this a time or two and somehow survives, but with the recent nearby demolitions, there has to be a plan. It better not just be further expanding "the lot."
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #580 on: September 27, 2021, 10:23:11 am »

That's surprising. That's such a high traffic and high visibility corner. There is a QT down the street, but it's super busy and hard to get in and out of. Not a ton of other stations in the vicinity. Would be a great spot for a Casey's/OnCue/etc. It's a different owner than the building being demo'd to the west, right?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #581 on: September 27, 2021, 10:31:19 am »

The gas station at 15th and Utica looks to be going out of business. Seems they've done this a time or two and somehow survives, but with the recent nearby demolitions, there has to be a plan. It better not just be further expanding "the lot."

Interesting.  The Bumgarner's own the empty lot next door and the rest of the block.  They typically take on one project at a time and completed Utica East last year.  This may be their next project which has been a decade in the making.  I know at one time they wanted to do something that was a mix of office and residential.  Something like Utica Plaza or Utica Place that stretches from 14th to 15th would be nice infill at this location.  1515 Utica (Arvest) caddy-corner to this site is also a Bumgarner development.

Someone should do some sleuthing and see who owns the gas station
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:40:51 am by SXSW » Logged

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #582 on: September 27, 2021, 10:51:30 am »

I guess their focus will be on the intersection of 15th and Utica and not the lot on the BA which has the shipping container coffee shop now that just went up. Tells me that part of the lot is probably a long way off, if ever. Some nice development to the south will help the overall area.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #583 on: September 27, 2021, 11:09:32 am »

I guess their focus will be on the intersection of 15th and Utica and not the lot on the BA which has the shipping container coffee shop now that just went up. Tells me that part of the lot is probably a long way off, if ever. Some nice development to the south will help the overall area.

Cirque Coffee is likely just a placeholder and won't impact a large redevelopment of the entire site.  Hopefully they can have a permanent home in that same area, or move north to the empty lots by Hillcrest

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #584 on: September 27, 2021, 11:20:02 am »

Someone should do some sleuthing and see who owns the gas station

It’s the Bumgarners too. They bought it about 5 years ago under the same vehicle they used to buy the rest of the block except for the Hillcrest corner (Cirque) and a few of the old townhomes.

They have the entire square block except for the frame shop.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org