A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:28:41 pm
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 351760 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #525 on: February 02, 2021, 11:17:02 am »

I love Cirque Coffee.  Hopefully they have a place in whatever the future redevelopment ends up being on this site.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #526 on: February 03, 2021, 04:21:11 pm »

Only had Cirque once but only because I've been a Doubleshot fan for a while. This will be walking distance for me so I will surely be frequenting this new location. Good coffee is good coffee, and again, I hope they have some food items too.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #527 on: March 05, 2021, 10:52:34 am »

The structure went up quick and looks pretty nice. Lots of paving so it's clearly targeting drive-thru traffic from the BA, but I hope they have some indoor space and maybe an outdoor sitting area. It would be a perfect walk for me and I would spend time there for sure.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #528 on: March 09, 2021, 12:10:22 pm »

The structure went up quick and looks pretty nice. Lots of paving so it's clearly targeting drive-thru traffic from the BA, but I hope they have some indoor space and maybe an outdoor sitting area. It would be a perfect walk for me and I would spend time there for sure.

It doesn't look like there is going to be any outdoor space - I drove past this the other day. It looks like they took a few shipping containers and cut out a few spaces for windows and plopped it down on the site. There appears to only be maybe 6-10 parking spaces in the back. It's mostly drive through lanes. So not sure how much space there will be on the inside for walk-ins. It's definitely not pedestrian friendly whatsoever. I just hope this is truly temporary, it would be a tremendous waste of that space long-term. 
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #529 on: March 09, 2021, 12:30:24 pm »

I agree^, seems like they wanted a quick drive through stand... seems like a giant slab of concrete when I saw it back a few days ago.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #530 on: March 09, 2021, 03:33:57 pm »

It doesn't look like there is going to be any outdoor space - I drove past this the other day. It looks like they took a few shipping containers and cut out a few spaces for windows and plopped it down on the site. There appears to only be maybe 6-10 parking spaces in the back. It's mostly drive through lanes. So not sure how much space there will be on the inside for walk-ins. It's definitely not pedestrian friendly whatsoever. I just hope this is truly temporary, it would be a tremendous waste of that space long-term. 

Better than an empty lot.  If the Bumgarners still own this parcel they will do this development right.  It’s in a great spot and definitely would be an appropriate location for high density office and/or residential.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2021, 01:16:13 pm »

My guess is that this is "temporary" but that there still are no plans for bigger development in the foreseeable future. My guess is that the contract provides some set number of years that this will operate, otherwise the investment wouldn't be worth it. I also think that the contract gives Cirque some consideration to be part of any new broader development on the site.
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #532 on: March 16, 2021, 08:08:03 am »

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #533 on: March 16, 2021, 09:13:13 am »

It looked quasi-open yesterday. Looks kind of lonely on that huge lot, but its paved and better than nothing I guess, for now.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #534 on: April 12, 2021, 11:00:19 am »

Curious if this project is still on track at 13th & Peoria?  It would replace Golden Pawn with a restaurant and music venue. 

https://www.freesearchitecture.com/portfolio/the-bridge/

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2021, 10:54:31 am »

Curious if this project is still on track at 13th & Peoria?  It would replace Golden Pawn with a restaurant and music venue. 

https://www.freesearchitecture.com/portfolio/the-bridge/

I believe in the news article they did on this project a few months ago was that the owners are planning to start on the project in 2022.. I think the start date was a ways out since part of this will be an event center too, probably makes the financing a bit more difficult right now.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #536 on: April 18, 2021, 09:24:59 am »

One can only hope the abandoned/burnt out Subway and the derelict Long John Silver's can be next. Incredible to me that they've been in this state for so long.

Interesting article in Tulsa World about a proposal for this site, back in 1985.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/michael-overall-how-tulsa-almost-built-a-pair-of-high-rise-office-towers-on-historic/article_1d0edba0-9edb-11eb-8b77-77d57bfbfb26.html

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #537 on: April 20, 2021, 09:56:50 am »

Maybe try again, but 6 stories instead of 12?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2021, 09:25:13 am »

TULSA, Okla. — First responders were called to the scene at 14th Street and Utica after a car crashed into the Cirque Coffee shop Wednesday morning.

According to a Cirque Coffee shop worker, an elderly person had a medical incident while traveling on the Broken Arrow Expressway. The driver went through the fence, crossed Utica, and then hit the building.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #539 on: May 27, 2021, 09:52:35 am »

TULSA, Okla. — First responders were called to the scene at 14th Street and Utica after a car crashed into the Cirque Coffee shop Wednesday morning.

According to a Cirque Coffee shop worker, an elderly person had a medical incident while traveling on the Broken Arrow Expressway. The driver went through the fence, crossed Utica, and then hit the building.

Saw that on newson6.com yesterday. Must have been a hell of a ride crossing that many lanes of traffic without hitting another vehicle or person.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org