A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:15:51 pm
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 358589 times)
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #705 on: August 21, 2023, 08:35:08 am »

While we are rightfully suspicious of the developer and Tulsa's inclination towards car-based development, this area is so valuable and dense that it would be crazy if they only put in a few drive-throughs. The ROI is there for a large mixed use development. Could still fit in a drive-through somewhere!

I'm surprised they haven't developed the parking in front of Nola's yet. Just need to figure out where to put a public parking garage I guess.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #706 on: August 21, 2023, 09:14:05 am »

While we are rightfully suspicious of the developer and Tulsa's inclination towards car-based development, this area is so valuable and dense that it would be crazy if they only put in a few drive-throughs. The ROI is there for a large mixed use development. Could still fit in a drive-through somewhere!

I'm surprised they haven't developed the parking in front of Nola's yet. Just need to figure out where to put a public parking garage I guess.

15th & Utica will be a dense, urban mixed-use development.  Now when it will actually be built is another story.   Wink

Agree on Lincoln Plaza.  I believe the owner is in California though so a local group would likely have to buy the center to redevelop those lots.  And would likely need a big incentive from the city to defray parking costs and/or build a public garage like what the city is doing at Boulder & Cameron.  It's one of the best development sites in Tulsa outside of 21st & Utica.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #707 on: October 24, 2023, 01:09:21 pm »

Rendering for the new development at 15th & Rockford.  Hatch on the ground floor and Riserva Tapas on the 2nd and 3rd floors

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #708 on: October 24, 2023, 03:04:58 pm »

Rendering for the new development at 15th & Rockford.  Hatch on the ground floor and Riserva Tapas on the 2nd and 3rd floors

Looks really good. But is it better than a burned out Subway?
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #709 on: October 25, 2023, 09:20:01 am »

Looks really good. But is it better than a burned out Subway?

Better than a gravel lot?  Yes    (Burned out Subway has been gone for a while)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #710 on: October 25, 2023, 02:46:46 pm »

Assuming this gets built hopefully the old Lucky's building is next to be razed and redeveloped.  It's such a sad little empty retail strip with just the liquor store operating.  Something like this or the Roosevelt's building would be much better.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #711 on: October 25, 2023, 03:12:22 pm »

Assuming this gets built hopefully the old Lucky's building is next to be razed and redeveloped.  It's such a sad little empty retail strip with just the liquor store operating.  Something like this or the Roosevelt's building would be much better.

I wonder if that's WHY it's empty. Waiting for leases to run out. I don't recall a for lease sign there.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #712 on: October 27, 2023, 08:06:33 am »

I'm seriously curious why anyone would participate in PlanIt Tulsa and the like when neither developers, TMAPC, or City Council give it any weight whatsoever. The Utica Corridor Small Area Plan is very specific that drive thru restaurants do not fit that particular area of town. And yet, TMAPC and City Council unanimously approve Chick-fil-A right in the middle of that corridor. I heard a City Councilor say there was no "legal basis" for denying it, which means that the plans are entirely meaningless in their minds. I think a City Councilor has every right to deny a drive thru restaurant when the citizens of that area said very specifically in a very detailed planning document that it was not wanted. It's not like the city is prohibiting fast food drive thrus, they are literally everywhere in the city. It's this one midtown corridor with some of the only relative density in the city that the people said to avoid this particular type of development. Yet, unanimous, with only a few delays to pretend they're giving the people a chance. I don't understand. I'll never participate in those planning sessions ever again, they aren't worth the paper they are printed on to the people who make decision.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #713 on: October 27, 2023, 10:55:31 pm »

I'm seriously curious why anyone would participate in PlanIt Tulsa and the like when neither developers, TMAPC, or City Council give it any weight whatsoever. The Utica Corridor Small Area Plan is very specific that drive thru restaurants do not fit that particular area of town. And yet, TMAPC and City Council unanimously approve Chick-fil-A right in the middle of that corridor. I heard a City Councilor say there was no "legal basis" for denying it, which means that the plans are entirely meaningless in their minds. I think a City Councilor has every right to deny a drive thru restaurant when the citizens of that area said very specifically in a very detailed planning document that it was not wanted. It's not like the city is prohibiting fast food drive thrus, they are literally everywhere in the city. It's this one midtown corridor with some of the only relative density in the city that the people said to avoid this particular type of development. Yet, unanimous, with only a few delays to pretend they're giving the people a chance. I don't understand. I'll never participate in those planning sessions ever again, they aren't worth the paper they are printed on to the people who make decision.

Good point.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #714 on: October 28, 2023, 08:23:21 am »

Good point.

So is the Neighborhood Conditions Index (NCI) intended to replace the Small Area Plans that we are apparently devaluing?

https://tulsaplanning.org/neighborhoods/nci/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #715 on: December 13, 2023, 09:59:34 am »

Summer Moon coffee on Cherry Street needs to move or go with app based pre-orders like Cirque. Most mornings there is at least one car in line sticking out and blocking traffic.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #716 on: January 05, 2024, 02:28:39 pm »

Not sure its current status but this is a cool adaptive reuse project planned for 5th & Peoria

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #717 on: January 19, 2024, 04:50:03 pm »

Hole Mole is moving into the Foxy Taco space.  That will allow them to have lunch during the week and brunch on weekends.  Hopefully they take better advantage of that great patio space than the previous tenants.  Bramble will remain at 6th & Peoria.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #718 on: February 14, 2024, 11:33:06 am »

I never like the food at Full Moon but they at least made the patio useful. The pizza place wasted the heck out of that space.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #719 on: February 14, 2024, 05:17:49 pm »

I've noticed that the Indian Health Care Resource Center of Tulsa has started their phase 2 expansion.  I just wish they didn't close part of 5th Place to make this happen. 

Article

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org