A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:25:01 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader Joe's  (Read 89739 times)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2016, 08:17:57 am »

Or, better yet, close it off to automobiles and put in a (real) trolley for the mile.  Make all day passes available for the trolley similar to the all day passes in Munich Germany when I was there in 1995.

I'm all for reducing to single-lane each way with a center turn lane, but closing it off entirely isn't really viable option.  The parking Logistics would be a major issue.  Closing off Peoria would force all parking to come in through the neighborhoods on each side, and would cause more issues than it addresses.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2016, 08:45:37 am »

I'm all for reducing to single-lane each way with a center turn lane, but closing it off entirely isn't really viable option.  The parking Logistics would be a major issue.  Closing off Peoria would force all parking to come in through the neighborhoods on each side, and would cause more issues than it addresses.

The neighborhood traffic has been a contentious issue for quite a while as it is now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2016, 09:30:52 am »

Closing it off may not be realistic but I was thinking of something like the Memphis Main St Trolley.  It's under a major reconstruction but it was fun when I was there nearly 10 years ago.

http://www.matatransit.com/services/trolleys/

https://goo.gl/maps/vNxQNFUfvjz

http://memphisdna.org/up-on-downtown/2016/7/1/mata-president-ron-garrison-trolley-before-after

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2016, 09:38:18 am »

I'm all for reducing to single-lane each way with a center turn lane, but closing it off entirely isn't really viable option.  The parking Logistics would be a major issue.  Closing off Peoria would force all parking to come in through the neighborhoods on each side, and would cause more issues than it addresses.

It's too bad there is not really any space for a Park-and-Ride lot.

Edit: There would also have to be a trolley barn for storage and maintenance.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:50:52 am by Red Arrow » Logged

sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2016, 04:31:58 pm »

Signage going up today for the shops next door. The middle store is going to be a smoothie shop I've never heard of and the shop right next to Trader Joe's is going to be an ATT authorized retailer.

Smoothie shop seems decent but att???!!!! This debacle is on whoever is responsible for finding a tenant.  You are telling me there wasn't any better option?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:07:31 pm by sooneralum2012 » Logged
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2016, 04:58:07 pm »

Signage going up today for the shops next Door. . The middle store  is going to be a smoothie shop I've never heard of and the shop right next to Trader Joe's is going to be an ATT authorized retailer.

. Smoothie shop seems decent but att???!!!! STUPIDDDDD. This debacle is on whoever is responsible for finding a tenant.  You are telling me there wasn't any better option?

Lame. It amazes me how many cell phone stores there can be. What can that possibly be about?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2016, 09:27:41 am »

Lame. It amazes me how many cell phone stores there can be. What can that possibly be about?

Making the mortgage payment.  I’m not excited about it either but it is a business after all.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2016, 11:42:18 am »

Making the mortgage payment.  I’m not excited about it either but it is a business after all.

Right. I get that the developer of the property will rent to any tenant who's willing to pay. My question was, how can there be so much demand for a cell phone store in every shopping center? There are some things people won't drive far for. Other stores that people will trek to out of state for. How did cell phones become something that you absolutely must have on every other block? Just drive to the damn store at 15th and Lewis or something. It's madness.
johrasephoenix
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2016, 11:56:29 am »

That's also going to be a humongous cell phone store.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2016, 11:56:53 am »

Right. I get that the developer of the property will rent to any tenant who's willing to pay. My question was, how can there be so much demand for a cell phone store in every shopping center? There are some things people won't drive far for. Other stores that people will trek to out of state for. How did cell phones become something that you absolutely must have on every other block? Just drive to the damn store at 15th and Lewis or something. It's madness.

They have to be on every corner. It the only thing they can find when their phone dies and they don't have the GPS navigation app to help them find anything further than a half mile.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2016, 12:13:47 pm »

That's also going to be a humongous cell phone store.

I'm sure they like the visibility being right on Peoria gives them too. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2016, 12:36:53 pm »

I’m guessing they have to be pretty profitable for there to be so many.  I get tired of predictable retail clutter as well, Rex.

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2016, 12:59:47 pm »

I’m guessing they have to be pretty profitable for there to be so many.  I get tired of predictable retail clutter as well, Rex.

I now have a board nickname!
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2016, 11:49:50 am »

Blaze Pizza will be going in there too.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2016, 12:30:18 pm »

Blaze Pizza will be going in there too.

Have you tried the one at the Walk at Tulsa Hills yet?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org