A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:18:34 am
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming/Climate Change/Global Weirding?  (Read 441310 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #285 on: August 16, 2012, 04:00:06 pm »

Wind Energy is a loser....this country needs to get their technology priorities straight. Even Potus Obama is wrong when it comes to wind energy.

Then what is the right priority?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #286 on: August 16, 2012, 04:01:57 pm »

Then what is the right priority?

Bated breath sir.  Oodles of it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #287 on: August 16, 2012, 05:27:17 pm »

2 cents per kwh credit makes a whole industry fold? 

Then take it away.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #288 on: August 16, 2012, 05:44:40 pm »

Bated breath sir.  Oodles of it.

Have you been eating fishing bate again?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2012, 09:57:15 pm »

Have you been eating fishing bate again?

Contraction of abated.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2012, 07:00:48 am »

Contraction of abated.

I actually knew that.  I was actually expecting a few replies based on the poor spelling skills (not typos) frequently demonstrated on this forum.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2012, 08:59:10 am »

I actually knew that.  I was actually expecting a few replies based on the poor spelling skills (not typos) frequently demonstrated on this forum.

Both spellings are accepted now but I prefer old school.

I'll never seriously use "Ain't".  Makes me puke sick when I hear some dumbass say it to his kids.  (A reason I don't frequent Walmart or local fairs.)

I'm not bating any dumbasses though.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2012, 12:16:11 pm »

Then take it away.

Sounds good to me.  But let's get rid of the hundreds of billions for those other industries before we start worrying about hundreds of millions for wind and solar.  This is simple Econ 101 or even ENG 101 to start with the big problem first - get the most bang for the buck - low hanging fruit - any of the platitudes so well loved by the world at large.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2012, 11:01:07 am »

This may explain why so many people in Oklahoma are obese, unhealthy, and why they vote for imbeciles.

Funny thing about your post, aside from it being completely off topic, it's fake. The article cites a medial study that does not exist in the Medical Journal it references. There is a similar article from three years earlier, but it's about arsenic and IQ scores.

Tell us clown, what's impairing YOUR IQ?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2012, 11:33:44 am »

Funny thing about your post, aside from it being completely off topic, it's fake. The article cites a medial study that does not exist in the Medical Journal it references. There is a similar article from three years earlier, but it's about arsenic and IQ scores.

Tell us clown, what's impairing YOUR IQ?

Perhaps his choice of news sources? 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2012, 11:39:47 am »

Perhaps his choice of news sources? 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2014, 11:42:51 am »

Since we've been cooling It is now to be called "Climate Disruption." We are all still going to die.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/report-uses-phrase-climate-disruption-as-another-way-to-say-global-warming/

We must put an end to cow farts and bomb China and India immediately to save the world. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #297 on: May 07, 2014, 11:51:22 am »

No, more coal is the answer. Since we're all going to die we might as well do so with the great jobs in Tennessee that it will save us. Coal is a beautiful thing.

I'm telling you though, the answer is earthquakes. My Geology prof always said the two most powerful forces in nature are volcanoes and earthquakes. We don't have volcanoes yet but we have plenty of the quakes here and they're non polluting and impossible to legislate against.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #298 on: May 07, 2014, 12:57:56 pm »

impossible to legislate against.

Our state will try.  They'll place it in a bill with something else and pass it.  The courts will find it unconstitutional.  Then there will be more calls to remove the justices.

We can make it into a drinking game
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #299 on: May 07, 2014, 01:19:15 pm »

Since we've been cooling It is now to be called "Climate Disruption." We are all still going to die.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/report-uses-phrase-climate-disruption-as-another-way-to-say-global-warming/

We must put an end to cow farts and bomb China and India immediately to save the world. 

Bengazi!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org