A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:42:20 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Know What's Freakin Hilarious...Bigotry  (Read 23421 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: July 19, 2010, 06:39:58 pm »

Here's the video I posted earlier in another thread:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_xCeItxbQY[/youtube]

She has "resigned" or something.

Days after the NAACP clashed with Tea Party members over allegations of racism, a video has surfaced showing an Agriculture Department official regaling an NAACP audience with a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer facing bankruptcy -- video that now has forced the official to resign.

Shirley Sherrod, the department's Georgia director of Rural Development, is shown in the clip describing "the first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm." Sherrod, who is black, claimed the farmer took a long time trying to show he was "superior" to her. The audience laughed as she described how she determined his fate.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/19/clip-shows-usda-official-admitting-withheld-help-white-farmer/

NAACP calls the tea parties racist last week, then is promptly shown to be the racist organization that is.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 08:35:18 pm »

Check out this rant, she apparently is channeling her inner Helen Thomas:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8elx1h9gcwo[/youtube]

rwarn17588
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:39:01 pm »

NAACP calls the tea parties racist last week, then is promptly shown to be the racist organization that is.

Yep. In fact, just yesterday I saw the NAACP burning crosses in people's yards and wearing white hoods!!!

And today, I also saw unicorn judges saying they were going to use sharia law in Oklahoma courtrooms!!! Cheesy
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 08:41:32 pm »

Yep. In fact, just yesterday I saw the NAACP burning crosses in people's yards and wearing white hoods!!!

Thanks for proving the title of the thread...

rwarn17588
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:42:20 pm »

Thanks for proving the title of the thread...

You saw them too??? Wow.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

You saw them too??? Wow.

Nah, missed them...too busy representing the victims of discrimination and race/gender abuse. Nice to know you have the time though.

rwarn17588
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 09:28:13 pm »

Nah, missed them...too busy representing the victims of discrimination and race/gender abuse. Nice to know you have the time though.

Well, why don't you name the cases you've been involved with, then? Tell the audience of your great deeds.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 07:52:33 am »

Here's the video I posted earlier in another thread:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_xCeItxbQY[/youtube]

She has "resigned" or something.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/19/clip-shows-usda-official-admitting-withheld-help-white-farmer/

Except of course that the NAACP condemned her publicly for this. The Tea Party Express and Mark Williams, not so much.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38321920/ns/us_news-life/

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 08:07:28 am »

Except of course that the NAACP condemned her publicly for this. The Tea Party Express and Mark Williams, not so much.

Great!  They should condemn the Black Panthers for making statements about "killing cracker babies." 

Unless, of course, it's in self defense.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 08:19:19 am »

Great!  They should condemn the Black Panthers for making statements about "killing cracker babies." 

Unless, of course, it's in self defense.

Should the Tea party condemn the Aryan Brotherhood too?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 08:40:47 am »

I thought the election of our first (1/2) black President was supposed to heal old wounds of racism and show how far we've come since the days of the civil rights marches.  If anything I think it's gotten worse and I think President Obama has missed another leadership opportunity to try and ease this.  If anything, I believe there's a growing racial divide as anytime someone opposes his policies, or if a large-scale opposition party emerges they are labelled a bunch of racists.  Was anyone calling those in opposition to the policies of President Bush racist?

What he could very easily do and what I've not heard him say is something like this: "I understand I am pushing through one of the most ambitious agendas in American history at a very difficult time in our history.  I also expect there to be opposition to my goals and ideals, as that is the nature of politics and there are always multiple ideas to solve problems.  I'm tired of opposition to my policies and agenda being construed as racism.  It's setting back 150 years of racial progress in this country"....

It's obviously not about equality, it's about superiority.  Black groups still seem concerned about what they are not getting, about how the white person has more advantages and is still holding them down.  BS, a black man was recently elected President.  If that's not evidence that anyone can be what they want to be in this country than nothing will ever truly illustrate that to the satisfaction of race groups.

So what would I be called if I started the NAAWP?  How about a White Officer's Coalition in the Tulsa Police Department?  How about a Congressional White Caucus?  I'd be called "separatist" and/or "racist".  That's a blatant double-standard.  Can anyone tell me how it's not with a straight face?

Why are we tolerating the rhetoric, the discrimination, and blatant racially-charged comments?  I'm sorry, I'm not in tune with allowing continued retribution for years of racial wrongs.  I didn't participate in slavery, my ancestors didn't participate in it, and I don't hang my judgement on others based on their skin tone nor where they were born until they think it gives them rights which are superior to my own.

Obviously the benefits of a black President erasing years of social injustice has been way over-stated.  This is but one more opportunity at leadership this man has squandered.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:43:38 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 09:39:21 am »

It's obviously not about equality, it's about superiority.
I believe you need to see what Tim Wise has to say. Don't take everything he says at face value, but he makes some good points, like how in the early 60s, most people didn't believe racism was a problem in America. Seriously. That makes me hesitant to say that racism is over and done with, even if the most overt racism is more rare than it once was.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 09:40:37 am »

Should the Tea party condemn the Aryan Brotherhood too?

Yes, if they find that the Aryan Brotherhood has infiltrated their ranks and is making comments on their behalf.  Yes.

Should President Obama Condemn the American Communist Party?

More straw men please. Grin

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 10:22:27 am »

I believe you need to see what Tim Wise has to say. Don't take everything he says at face value, but he makes some good points, like how in the early 60s, most people didn't believe racism was a problem in America. Seriously. That makes me hesitant to say that racism is over and done with, even if the most overt racism is more rare than it once was.
No one is saying that racism does not still exist.  In fact, I recently had an online argument with a guy that was a self proclaimed racist on the reasons that he was of the superior race (and I thought lefties were delusional).  However, because there are still racists out there does not mean that any time a white person opposes someone who is not white that it is racists.  I got so tired of the phrase "it's because I'm black".  I'm sure they got tired of the phrases "no, it's because you broke the law", or "no, it's because your harboring a fugative" or something along those lines.  Not to mention that the door of racism swings both ways, but it seems that so many of the minority don't seem to understand that.  As conan said, it is a double standard that groups can be formed to give an advantage to a minority group and exclude the majority (whites) and it be claimed that it's not racist but claim racism when the majority does the same.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 10:32:12 am »

I got so tired of the phrase "it's because I'm black".  I'm sure they got tired of the phrases "no, it's because you broke the law", or "no, it's because your harboring a fugative" or something along those lines.  Not to mention that the door of racism swings both ways, but it seems that so many of the minority don't seem to understand that.  As conan said, it is a double standard that groups can be formed to give an advantage to a minority group and exclude the majority (whites) and it be claimed that it's not racist but claim racism when the majority does the same.
I tired of the phrase also, until I looked at some crime statistics. Turns out, most violent crime is committed by white people (makes sense, given that we're still a majority), yet black people get arrested for it more often and are far more likely to be imprisoned for it. So yeah, sometimes it is because they're black.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org