A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:16:15 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Ways A 90 Percent Top Tax Rate Fixes Our Economy And Our Country  (Read 10814 times)
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« on: April 26, 2010, 09:56:36 am »

A return to Eisenhower-era 90% top tax rates helps fix our economy in several ways:
http://ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010041625/13-ways-90-percent-top-tax-rate-fixes-economy

I love it. Let's go all you Reganites! You don't want your 1950's country back?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:31:37 am »

I like it.  That's one way to get all these lazy rich people and their filthy money to move overseas. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:25:14 am »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:28:03 am »

Here's one of the funniest Reagan blame games I've heard thus far, as to why our crime rate is high today:

"Because since the Reagan Administration cut the taxes for the wealthy, the wealth of the middle class has been slowly drained away. When you start taking money away from the middle class, poverty starts to rise. When poverty starts to rise, so does crime. America is not a morality play, it's just a capitalist society where greed wins out over humanity."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:37:54 am »

I like it.  That's one way to get all these lazy rich people and their filthy money to move overseas. 

Yeah, those rich people who provide jobs, give generously to charities, invest money, and take risks should leave to appease afterbirths like fotd.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:45:25 am »

Here's one of the funniest Reagan blame games I've heard thus far, as to why our crime rate is high today:

"Because since the Reagan Administration cut the taxes for the wealthy, the wealth of the middle class has been slowly drained away. When you start taking money away from the middle class, poverty starts to rise. When poverty starts to rise, so does crime. America is not a morality play, it's just a capitalist society where greed wins out over humanity."

" consistently wreck the threads here" Pompous Conanus 4/26/10
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:50:38 am »

Yeah, those rich people who provide jobs, give generously to charities, invest money, and take risks should leave to appease afterbirths like fotd.

The wealthy ( a small diff from calling them "rich people"... ) did all those things when rates were at their highest. Most come out before the bottom line. Providing jobs is an expense. Philanthropy is a tax offset. Investing is what the code was most encouraged to promote in the 50's and 60's and even in the 70's until interest expense became non deductible in most cases and the provision was eliminated by whom? Was it under Reagan?

Rich stuff, Doe Doe.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:55:30 am by fotd » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 11:54:35 am »

The wealthy ( a small diff from calling them "rich") did all those things when rates were at their highest. Most come out before the bottom line. Providing jobs is an expense. Philanthropy is a tax offset. Investing is what the code was most encouraged to promote in the 50's and 60's and even in the 70's until interest expense became non deductible in most cases and the provision was eliminated by whom? Was it under Reagan?

Rich stuff, Doe Doe.

You are such an unbelievable moron. I was not "wealthy" in the 70s or 80s or 90s yet I managed to give generously to charities (although I changed who I gave money to after 2008), invest in business, and (dare say) employ people without being taxed at 90%.

fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 11:57:50 am »

You are such an unbelievable moron. I was not "wealthy" in the 70s or 80s or 90s yet I managed to give generously to charities (although I changed who I gave money to after 2008), invest in business, and (dare say) employ people without being taxed at 90%.

You must hate Eisenhower too.

If the %90 bracket existed for those with net income over $4 million a year would you negotiate?

Gwee, how did America make it through those times?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 12:07:41 pm »

We have a winner.  That's the stupidest article ever regurgitated by fotd.  It's even got charts and graphs from angry doodlers.

If I was taxed 90%, why the fv(k would I want to produce anything?  I'd be better off just living off the govt teet.

Why innovate?
Why invent?
Why expand?
Why employ?
Why compete?
Why live here?

Not even Turkey, Sweden, Packistan, Zambia, Guyanna, or France conspire against their citizens at this level.

I love this country, but would choose to live elsewhere under such conditions.  Not that I am in that bracket, but such policies would certainly limit my goals, and I can't allow that.

Conservatives dream of new machines, liberals lust for lotteries.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 12:13:41 pm »

We have a winner.  That's the stupidest article ever regurgitated by fotd.  It's even got charts and graphs from angry doodlers.

If I was taxed 90%, why the fv(k would I want to produce anything?  I'd be better off just living off the govt teet.

Why innovate?
Why invent?
Why expand?
Why employ?
Why compete?
Why live here?

Not even Turkey, Sweden, Packistan, Zambia, Guyanna, or France conspire against their citizens at this level.

I love this country, but would choose to live elsewhere under such conditions.  Not that I am in that bracket, but such policies would certainly limit my goals, and I can't allow that.

Conservatives dream of new machines, liberals lust for lotteries.
I would be gone immediately if my federal taxes reached just 50%. Back in the 1950s, I suspect the world economy was not as global as it is now. Today, companies and people can pull up their tent pegs and take their money, jobs, charity, and investment just about anywhere.

fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 12:15:37 pm »

We did innovate, invent, expand, employ, and compete during those times because the family element ruled and the tax code was designed with incentives. Today, greed rules as the tax code repels risk taking based on reducing taxable income for the individual.
Why live here? I agree....you should move to someplace where freeloading is easier for conservatives. Make more room for the worker bees from outside our borders.

You avoid answering my questions but are quick with the name calling, Guidope.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:18:39 pm by fotd » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 12:15:53 pm »

Let's see, I wrecked this thread, which mentioned Reaganites by mentioning a liberal revisionist view on the effects of Reagan tax cuts.  It's relevant, just not in your world.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 12:19:01 pm »

We did innovate, invent, expand, employ, and compete during those times because the family element ruled and the tax code was designed with incentives. Today, greed rules as the tax code repels risk taking based on reducing taxable income for the individual.
Why live here? I agree....you should move to someplace where freeloading is easier for conservatives. Make more room for the worker bees from outside our borders.

There's still enough incentive in the tax code to reward those who donate to charity or create jobs without resorting to putting the 90% tax rate in their back like an SKS rifle.  If the current tax code rewards passive investment, what's the problem with that?  Isn't finding available capital one of the major problems facing business and individiduals these days?

fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 12:21:24 pm »

Let's see, I wrecked this thread, which mentioned Reaganites by mentioning a liberal revisionist view on the effects of Reagan tax cuts.  It's relevant, just not in your world.

Be more specific. Was it a liberal revisionist view under Eisenhower? He wasn't an actor, he was a great man.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org