A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:37:48 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New restuarant in Jenks  (Read 11242 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 08:24:34 pm »

The Riverwalk area is starting to look a lot like OKC Bricktown.

Half empty.

Half full?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 07:21:02 am »

Knowing the area, I would think the parking expense, trail extension and such to be easily 20% of that.

Still, $4mm for 9,000 sq ft? Wow. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 11:14:28 am »

Still, $4mm for 9,000 sq ft? Wow. 
Not out of line for a significant facility with the described high end finishes and all equipment necessary for kitchen, bar, and management.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 12:07:29 pm »

It (both) WAS full, now is half empty.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 12:56:56 pm »

It (both) WAS full, now is half empty.

Yep, doing so poorly there are presently two new buildings under construction, plus several hundred units of apartments immiediately to the North that will occupy this spring.   Roll Eyes

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 01:39:38 pm »

Not out of line for a significant facility with the described high end finishes and all equipment necessary for kitchen, bar, and management.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm a fan, but it takes a lot of table turns or high covers to cover that nut in this finicky restaurant market.  I admire the guy for having the cajones to do it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 01:50:21 pm »

Yep, doing so poorly there are presently two new buildings under construction, plus several hundred units of apartments immiediately to the North that will occupy this spring.   Roll Eyes

Just can judge success by construction, or "The Village at Woodland Hills" would be one of the most successful shopping centers in Oklahoma.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 03:08:52 pm »

Just can judge success by construction, or "The Village at Woodland Hills" would be one of the most successful shopping centers in Oklahoma.

Seems to me, occupancy has gone up since the much needed renovation.
I'm not aware of them adding any sqr footage.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 06:48:57 pm »

Hopefully they will be busy.  And the apartments will find renters.

As for now, that is still dramatically overbuilt, apparently.  Are the two new buildings rented?  Or have owners moving in?  I haven't seen any new signs, but haven't looked for a while, either.

And Simon Malls letting Eastland go to crap a few years ago.  And Woodland Mall is getting pretty run down (another Simon enterprise), but seems to be sporadically improved. 

We just have so many companies leaving the area, or being sold/merged and having people moved out, it looks like a long time to me before we even get close to "back to normal".  Bed Check - sold and moved out/laid off, FW Murphy merged and getting rid/laying off (granted, they always do that), Baker Hughes moving many to Houston - or dumping them if the don't want to enjoy the Houston ambience.  Others just shutting down branches. 

Sadly, these jobs won't be offset by some new restaurant jobs.  Gaspar and I are trying to get our manufacturing up and running to be ready for the surge when things do free up a little.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 07:07:06 pm »

Hopefully they will be busy.  And the apartments will find renters.

As for now, that is still dramatically overbuilt, apparently.  Are the two new buildings rented?  Or have owners moving in?  I haven't seen any new signs, but haven't looked for a while, either.

And Simon Malls letting Eastland go to crap a few years ago.  And Woodland Mall is getting pretty run down (another Simon enterprise), but seems to be sporadically improved. 

We just have so many companies leaving the area, or being sold/merged and having people moved out, it looks like a long time to me before we even get close to "back to normal".  Bed Check - sold and moved out/laid off, FW Murphy merged and getting rid/laying off (granted, they always do that), Baker Hughes moving many to Houston - or dumping them if the don't want to enjoy the Houston ambience.  Others just shutting down branches. 

Sadly, these jobs won't be offset by some new restaurant jobs.  Gaspar and I are trying to get our manufacturing up and running to be ready for the surge when things do free up a little.

I got talked into driving to between Memorial and Mingo on 71st Saturday night which is something I ordinarily avoid.  In fact, I'd rather take a head-long dive into a tree shredder.  You'd never know we were in any sort of a financial crisis right now judging by the traffic and the full parking lot at WHM.  Just like Xmas traffic at 5pm on Saturday. 

Though my assessment of the local economy doesn't read as dire as yours, I agree that it's a risky time for anyone to be developing retail real estate.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 07:25:44 pm »

If you never believe anything else I say, please DO believe that I have the very highest hopes for Tulsa businesses to be successful.  ALL of them.

I am always looking for a really good restaurant to try.  So many are way too derivative and predictable!

Also, want improved manufacturing/industrial activity in the area.  That is the engine that drives an economy.  Nationwide, we have slid from about 30% manufacturing to about 10% in the last 40 years.  You and I are both "living the dream" of that catastrophe.

71st has always been a mess, since just after WHM was built.  Inadequate roads, inadequate city planning.  Clear example of what happens when zoning is done with heads in sand and dollar signs blinding the sight.

Hawkins
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 07:53:00 pm »

I got talked into driving to between Memorial and Mingo on 71st Saturday night which is something I ordinarily avoid.  In fact, I'd rather take a head-long dive into a tree shredder.  You'd never know we were in any sort of a financial crisis right now judging by the traffic and the full parking lot at WHM.  Just like Xmas traffic at 5pm on Saturday. 

Though my assessment of the local economy doesn't read as dire as yours, I agree that it's a risky time for anyone to be developing retail real estate.

71st Between Memorial & Mingo? You were in the economic heart of Northeastern Oklahoma, my friend. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

--

Are we talking about the Riverwalk now?

Those apartments were not what was originally planned for that spot.

--

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 08:11:37 pm »

Seems to me, occupancy has gone up since the much needed renovation.
I'm not aware of them adding any sqr footage.

As far as I know they added one tenant, and that was due to the tenants old location being torn down by ODOT. There are still plenty of spaces that have not had a single tenant in the 15-20yrs since they built it.
dbacks fan
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 09:41:47 pm »

As far as I know they added one tenant, and that was due to the tenants old location being torn down by ODOT. There are still plenty of spaces that have not had a single tenant in the 15-20yrs since they built it.

grizz, I'm a little vauge on the area, is this between 169 and Mingo, or Mingo and about half way to Memorial?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 10:11:12 pm »

grizz, I'm a little vauge on the area, is this between 169 and Mingo, or Mingo and about half way to Memorial?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=71st+%26+memorial,+tulsa,+ok&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=59.769082,118.476563&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=S+Memorial+Dr+%26+E+71st+St,+Tulsa,+Oklahoma+74133&ll=36.065405,-95.886462&spn=0.015142,0.028925&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=36.065498,-95.886465&panoid=_tQa62IsLK5MLktisTO9sQ&cbp=12,258.78,,1,5

The Village at Woodland Hills is on the west side of Memorial, opposite of Woodland Hills Mall, behind Pep Boys.

Hope I did the Google Map link correctly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org