A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:30:50 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bates and Medlock now adhere to Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment?  (Read 8966 times)
DCtransplant
« on: September 09, 2009, 07:10:42 pm »

will these "men" for whom 'party matters' now unite under the flag of Lincoln and Reagan and support the now Republican Mayoral nominee or will they use the reach and access they have to cast aspersions and create false doubt among their limited, but energized, audience?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:33:50 pm »

Medlock said he didn't want to endorse Lafortune and is less interested in backing Bartlett. Good chance they will go "no endorse."
MichaelBates
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:22:53 pm »

I will be at least as loyal to the 2009 Republican nominee for mayor as Dewey Bartlett Jr was in 2006 and intended to be in 2009.
DCtransplant
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:58:31 pm »

I will be at least as loyal to the 2009 Republican nominee for mayor as Dewey Bartlett Jr was in 2006 and intended to be in 2009.

I love folks who, rather than answer questions, refer to others perceived, related, shortcomings.

Translation: "I am not a member of the 'party matters' club and am not a real Republican." Which is fine, I just wish you would make it official and leave that party of Lincoln and Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:05:31 pm »

I love folks who, rather than answer questions, refer to others perceived, related, shortcomings.

Translation: "I am not a member of the 'party matters' club and am not a real Republican." Which is fine, I just wish you would make it official and leave that party of Lincoln and Reagan

Reagan was once a Democrat.  He said that he didn't leave the Democratic party, the Democratic party left him.  The Republican party is trying really hard to leave it's mainstream members.

DCtransplant
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 10:10:53 pm »

Not only was Reagan a Democrat, but once the head of a labor union. And if Mssrs. Bates and Medlock believe that, ostensibly, their party has left them from an ideological perspective (from their perspective, surly local returns would provide credence to this notion), then leave. and make no apologies for it
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:15:14 pm by DCtransplant » Logged
MichaelBates
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 10:15:25 pm »

Translation: "Dewey Bartlett is not a member of the 'party matters' club and is not a real Republican." Which is fine, I just wish Dewey would make it official and leave that party of Lincoln and Reagan

There, fixed it for you.
DCtransplant
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 10:16:34 pm »

Curiously, you have yet to answer the question directly posed to you.

yes or no? it ain't algebra
MichaelBates
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:18:20 pm »

If you're going to judge my Republicanism, you need to post under your real name, so we can judge yours. Especially since you endorsed Wilbert Collins over John Smaligo in 2006.
DCtransplant
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:20:35 pm »

If you're going to judge my Republicanism, you need to post under your real name, so we can judge yours. Especially since you endorsed Wilbert Collins over John Smaligo in 2006.

Ummm....putting aside I wouldn't know "Wilbert Collins" if he sat on my face, will you please answer the very simple question being asked?

or are you a political coward?
MichaelBates
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 10:37:14 pm »

I've given a perfectly good answer to your question, but you haven't answered mine.

I wonder why you're afraid to post under your real name, but I think I know who you are anyway.

Peculiar obsessions are a sure tell. If someone joined this forum and did nothing but post rants about the Great White Whale, we'd know he was Captain Ahab, even if he called himself DCtransplant. And likewise, when someone obsessively rants about Chris Medlock and Michael Bates, it's not too hard to guess.

Sock puppetry is hard, isn't it, Lady Recall?

By the way, should I address the DCtransplant sock puppet as male or female? Or have you decided that yet?
FOTD
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 11:15:15 pm »

Keep it going! Best pissing contest ever on TNF!
DowntownNow
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 11:30:22 pm »

Nice one Bates, thought those non-sensical ramblings sounded familiar...from the TW posts, ah ha!

Sure you dont have a stalker?  There's laws against that ya know Wink
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 05:57:22 am »

How is that perceived. You are asking if members of Party A will be a "good party person" and endorse Individual A when Individual A himself, endorsed a candidate of another party in the last two elections for the office Individual A is running for.

Bartlett has made himself scarce at Republican party events as well. You can't say everyone should form in line behind Bartlett when Bartlett isn't even there himself.
Wrinkle
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 07:44:44 am »

How is that perceived. You are asking if members of Party A will be a "good party person" and endorse Individual A when Individual A himself, endorsed a candidate of another party in the last two elections for the office Individual A is running for.

Bartlett has made himself scarce at Republican party events as well. You can't say everyone should form in line behind Bartlett when Bartlett isn't even there himself.

Exactly right.

If ever there were an argument for "None of the Above" on the ballot, Bartlett would be it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org