A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:59:22 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rod Stewart Canceled  (Read 25348 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »

I hear he has some sort of illness that is causing him to have a raspy voice.

Thats just his voice
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 10:48:26 pm »

Refunds will only be for face value of the ticket.
All the fees BOK and the other vendors added on they pocket.
Scalped tickets wont be refunded.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 07:34:23 am »

FOTD has never claimed Tulsa sux as an entertainment crowd. Only intellectually challenged posters might see it that way but FOTD thinks COT should stay the hell away from spending taxpayer money on a losing enterprise that tackles the smaller venues and cuts into the revenues of entreprenuers. SPOT this morning said there were 7 shows in 4 nights....overkill?

Get over it CFGC, let's not get back into this discussion...lotta emptiness along Brookside and 15th all of a sudden....

KOTV reported last night that the cancelation was due to illness and that sales for the show were good.

Stewart also canceled the next two shows on the tour and the reason they aren’t being rescheduled is that these three shows are the last of the tour in North America.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 07:42:13 am »

"sales for the show were good."

I think that sums it up pretty well.  If 18,000 tix were in the hands of fans, I bet he would have played.

I bet there are some really sore folks who paid the scalper's ransom for this show.  Yet another reason I hate the way ticket sales are done now that only seems to benefit the ticket re-sellers.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 02:43:07 pm »

Okay, so the story far is that he lost his voice.  Though the rumor mill is spitting out accusations that the mere 5,000 ticket sales might have something to do with it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 02:57:25 pm »

Okay, so the story far is that he lost his voice.  Though the rumor mill is spitting out accusations that the mere 5,000 ticket sales might have something to do with it.

Heh, that's how he lost his voice:

"love no I'm not coming to a smile -dump town like Tulsa to play for 5,000 people!  Don't ever book me behind McCartney again, you wankers!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 03:10:19 pm »

KOTV reported last night that the cancelation was due to illness and that sales for the show were good.

Stewart also canceled the next two shows on the tour and the reason they aren’t being rescheduled is that these three shows are the last of the tour in North America.

Those lacking in intellectual abilities usually rely on TV news....like Faux News or KOTV.

Bottom line....how much money do you think the promoter and the artist lose if the show goes on?

Act of Gawd clause if you please.....
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 03:18:28 pm »

Wow dude.. Fox News OR KOTV...

Is KOTV now the Fox News of Tulsa?

Wouldn't Fox 23 News be the Fox News of Tulsa?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 03:24:45 pm »

Wow dude.. Fox News OR KOTV...

Is KOTV now the Fox News of Tulsa?

Wouldn't Fox 23 News be the Fox News of Tulsa?

Doesn't matter, he's got a superiority complex.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 03:46:28 pm »

Doesn't matter, he's got a superiority complex.
If he pulled out due to low ticket sales, it would have to be an ego issue.  Artists are paid by the promoter to perform. Regardless of ticket sales, the artist makes the same amount of money off of the show. 
FOTD
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 03:59:08 pm »

If he pulled out due to low ticket sales, it would have to be an ego issue.  Artists are paid by the promoter to perform. Regardless of ticket sales, the artist makes the same amount of money off of the show. 

Ok...local tv. How's that?

Superiority complex? No. You have an inferiority complex. Rightfully so.

NOT regardless of sales. It costs tons to run a concert tour. MUST READ CONTRACT.

* eatmenerd.jpg (56.66 KB - downloaded 380 times.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:00:39 pm by FOTD » Logged
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 04:04:46 pm »

As I said, the artist is paid per contract.  Ergo, if the ticket sales are low, the promoter eats the cost, not the artist. 

edit: eats the cost of low ticket sales.  If the artist pulls out, then they loose the moneys paid them and whatever costs they already have in setting up and getting to venue, if they got that far, as Stewart did in this instance.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 04:10:28 pm »

The superiority complex I was referring to was FOTD's reference to the rest of us "Smallvilles" who listen to the local snooze.

FOTD
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 04:17:43 pm »

As I said, the artist is paid per contract.  Ergo, if the ticket sales are low, the promoter eats the cost, not the artist. 

edit: eats the cost of low ticket sales.  If the artist pulls out, then they loose the moneys paid them and whatever costs they already have in setting up and getting to venue, if they got that far, as Stewart did in this instance.

If the promoter loses money, so does the artist. If the artist is owned by the promoter, the artist must obey.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 05:03:28 pm »

Those lacking in intellectual abilities usually rely on TV news....like Faux News or KOTV.

Bottom line....how much money do you think the promoter and the artist lose if the show goes on?

Act of Gawd clause if you please.....

Says the idiot who gets most of his news from Huffington and the bottom of a bong.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org