A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:32:00 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sally Kern Makes National News Again  (Read 30090 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 12:14:18 pm »

Could this be more appalling:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_DB36ivy0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhotair%2Ecom%2Farchives%2F2009%2F06%2F30%2Fvideo%2Ddemocrats%2Drefuse%2Dto%2Dstand%2Dfor%2Dpledge%2Dof%2Dallegiance%2F&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Nah, they're democrats. I mean really, it's not like these tantrum-throwers actually fled New York to Armore to hide out because that would be childish.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:17:34 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 12:23:11 pm »

That's great Guido, but what does it have to do with the topic of discussion?

---Robert
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 12:36:22 pm »

That's great Guido, but what does it have to do with the topic of discussion?

The pledge they recited had the term "under God" in it
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 02:13:19 pm »

The other third of the triangle.  Extremists gotta stick together.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 03:00:45 pm »

Jesus and His homies just went by in a '63 BelAir.  They yelled something about Sally, but my Spanish she's not so good.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
FOTD
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 06:57:11 am »

The traditional cure has been to sacrifice some goats in the city square to appease the Gods. If that doesn't work, try people. You want immoral behavior? How about starting wars of aggression by lying to US? Cashing in the no-bid contracts on death and destruction? That is OK, right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/30/oklahoma-republicans-read_n_223074.html READ THE NUMEROUS PAGES OF COMMENTS ON THIS STORY. SHAMEFUL !!!! WHAT A REFLECTION ON OUR VERY OWN IDIOCY!

Who and what in their right mind would want to create new jobs by moving their business to this backwards State?
Is it no wonder our educated children move far far away?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:00:25 am by FOTD » Logged
waterboy
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2009, 07:24:58 am »

What good does it do to rail against these morons? Watch carefully to see which of our "enlightened" representatives vote in favor of this procalamation. More importantly watch to see who complains of our tax dollars wasted on such nonsense and you'll see cowardice. Its demoralizing when the moralists dominate your state.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 01:24:42 pm »

Who and what in their right mind would want to create new jobs by moving their business to this backwards State?
Is it no wonder our educated children move far far away?

That is the thing I hate about people like Sally Kern and Jim Inhofe.  While most people in the state don't care about these issues, or are against them, the fact that they are saying such radical things makes the news and then it makes the state look bad.  The truth is to combat these conservative religious wackos the best thing to do is ignore them by keeping their cr*p out of the media and by educated people staying in Oklahoma to counter these idiots.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 01:55:48 pm »

Since when has Inhofe been a religious zealot, SXSW???  Be a lot easier to package Sen. Coburn with Ms. Kern.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 02:55:33 pm »

The truth is to combat these conservative religious wackos the best thing to do is ignore them by keeping their cr*p out of the media and by educated people staying in Oklahoma to counter these idiots.

Man, do I WISH their crap could stay out of the media. It's beyond embarrassing.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 07:12:00 am »

So you all think that these idiots, whackos, and/or morons comprise what percentage of Sooners?  The majority?  If my experience with this forum is any indication of the Sooner sentiment, I would not be surprised to find most people I meet to be narrow-minded, bigoted, hateful, petty, back-stabbing, lying pieces of poop.  But I have not.  I have found Okies to be friendly, opinionated, straightforward, decent and nice people.  Must be hellish to live in a state of mind where one thinks that one is surrounded by some kind of cult.

And again, O'bama calls the US 'one of the larger Muslim countries' and ya'll bend over backwards trying to rephrase and reframe the statement.  Here some modern day Abolitionist type offers a feckless resolution about sliding morals and the dear and precious name Jesus is used as a mockery and joke.  I get the sentiment that offering this resolution is a mockery of its own, but I wonder if any of you anti-Christians, anti-religious zealots to defile the name Mohammet (PBUH).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3lnQivQDr8&feature=PlayList&p=F816FD59BD91BEA5&index=4[/youtube]

EDIT: CHANGED VIDEO
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:20:12 am by Know Nothing » Logged
waterboy
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 08:10:20 am »

Must be hellish to live in a state of mind where one thinks that one is surrounded by some kind of cult.

Indeed. Are you speaking of your state of mind?
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2009, 08:15:50 am »

Whoever is having impure thoughts.  Please stop...  My stocks are going down.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2009, 08:17:07 am »

What good does it do to rail against these morons? Watch carefully to see which of our "enlightened" representatives vote in favor of this procalamation. More importantly watch to see who complains of our tax dollars wasted on such nonsense and you'll see cowardice. Its demoralizing when the moralists dominate your state.

I was referring to you and your sentiment which seems to dominate these 'threads.'  See, you said that Kern and people who believe in Christian morality - the 'moralists' - 'dominate' Sooner thought. Must be weird driving around, shopping, going to meetings, thinking that the majority of the people you see and interact with are morons, idiots, whatever hateful things you all can call them.  I feel great in this town and this State! Sorry you all are so miserable.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2009, 08:25:58 am »

If churches want to circulate such an initiative to bring morals back to America, I think that's great.  That is where it belongs.  What chaps me on this is a state representative using her elected position to try and cram a moral code down people's throats.

I will agree with Kern on a couple of things: America does have a deep religious heritage, of which the majority practice one form or other of the Christian faith.  I also do agree there's been a gradual erosion of appreciation for that heritage and a general erosion of what is considered morally acceptible in the mind of the average person. 

However, I don't think it appropriate that she try and make her proclamation seem more legitimate by using her job title to pass off her moral code.  I've also got to say she's got some really moonbat notions about homosexuality and locusts or the economy.   Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org