A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:34:57 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McNellies - Whyyyyyy?  (Read 12628 times)
Aa5drvr
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:07:46 pm »

Why cant we just walk the sidewalk from the parking lot to the entrance of McNellies without being accosted?  Now he's crossing the street.

And you wonder why families shy away.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:21:15 pm »

Exactly, wait what are we talking about?
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 05:43:46 pm »

Are you talking about the preacher on a bike?

---Robert
waterboy
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:24:46 pm »

Or the scam beggar on the bike?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 08:52:57 pm »

Aaah, zee urban ambiance.  Wink   Poor poor suburbanites. And to think they complain that there arent enough entertainment options in town?   

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
orion
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 01:46:08 pm »

OMG....don't be afraid of a little local color..if it likes of Paul Tay he is just exercising his rights...We not scary..at least we don't have homeless problems of large cities. But if truly scared of em well..there are a lot of 20K millionaires..doesn't take a whole lot to end up on the street, instead of being scared how's bout volunteering at a shelter or Meals on Wheel..may help your fear of em
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 02:14:40 pm »

He is probably referring to me. I try to be friendly and all, but sometimes people think I am a little scary to meet on a sidewalk.

I just wanted to share my faith about a company I believe in, Amway.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 02:16:49 pm »

Amway.

Is there any way I can join in this and perhaps own my own business too?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 01:41:42 pm »

Is there any way I can join in this and perhaps own my own business too?

Now that's funny. Also CF, I can tell that you have a wonderful personality and I bet you are very good with just about all types of people...Blah,Blah,Blah. Oh and can you watch this dvd and get back with me.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 01:14:16 pm »

Still not sure what the complaint is here.  I've never had any issues with anyone near McNellies.  It's always safe b/c of the consistant/constant foot traffic from customers (all hours of day and night, weekends, etc).  My only problem is when I forget that it's Wed night...and the $3 burger crowd prevents me from finding a seat at the bar!
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 01:36:50 pm »

Still not sure what the complaint is here.  I've never had any issues with anyone near McNellies.  It's always safe b/c of the consistant/constant foot traffic from customers (all hours of day and night, weekends, etc).  My only problem is when I forget that it's Wed night...and the $3 burger crowd prevents me from finding a seat at the bar!

Same here...never have any problems. There used to be guys who would hang out in the free parking lot across the street to the west of McNellies by the railroad tracks, and ask you for change to "watch over your car" but I haven't seen them hanging out there in the past few months when I've parked there.
brianh
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:30 pm »

I always get hit up by bums if I go there right after work.  Either this one lady who is completely crazy, or this guy who always tells me he locked his keys in his car and needs money to pay a locksmith.  The lady is the more unpleasant one to run into, she will continue to follow you all the way to the door sometimes.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 02:00:30 pm »

If you get hit up for money just say, no thanks I'm good.  And walk off
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 05:55:29 pm »

I explain that I have a mortgage and a car payment. Most of the homeless people don't.

I say, "I am in debt and you are even, I should be asking you for money."

Power is nothing till you use it.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 08:10:46 pm »

When I see them approach me I ask them for a few dollars cause I need some gas before they get a chance to ask me. They always get flustered and walk off.

Hey, I'm needy, too.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org