A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 03:51:54 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayor Taylor needs 5th Press Secretary  (Read 15137 times)
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 12:48:43 pm »

The only thing she did that I liked was pushing for the downtown ballpark.  She has not brought high paying jobs to Tulsa and she only cares about self-serving projects.  I don't even think she knows there is a north and an east Tulsa.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 12:55:45 pm »

The only thing she did that I liked was pushing for the downtown ballpark.  She has not brought high paying jobs to Tulsa and she only cares about self-serving projects.  I don't even think she knows there is a north and an east Tulsa.

Because she spends all her time in South Tulsa?

LOL
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 01:34:46 pm »

I guess you hadn’t noticed that our per capita income has been skyrocketing since she took office

(not that a mayor of any city has a whole lot to do with new jobs or per capita income, but you brought it up)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:55 pm »

I guess you hadn’t noticed that our per capita income has been skyrocketing since she took office

(not that a mayor of any city has a whole lot to do with new jobs or per capita income, but you brought it up)

Let's not bother with facts, though...

Sounds like someone with an axe to grind.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 02:58:40 pm »

Who cares how many Press Secretary's have been used in her term? That is common not only in public figures but businesses as well. Needs change, firms get a bigger better job, people move on. change of heart. Not really news worthy other then to those up for the job.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 03:09:44 pm »

I think RM would make an excellent Press Secretary for Mayor Taylor. 
The camera loves him.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 04:41:43 pm »

I'd like to see some polling done since the string of scandals that have occurred on her watch. Taylor the Tyrant is not unbeatable, regardless of how much propaganda her sycophants spout claiming she is unbeatable. She has provided plenty of her own rope, all that is needed is someone skilled enough to tie a strong slipknot in her noose.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 05:28:25 pm »

Sounds like doubleA is out of the running to be her press secretary...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 12:44:02 am »

Her hair sucks...

DowntownNow
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 01:02:41 am »

A truly independent, nationally recognized Poll taken since the release of the latest City related fiascos would be nice.

In 2007, the Oklahoma Poll that showed Taylor with a 55% favorability rating was based on a poll size of 500, that's less than 0.1% of the reported census estimate of 384,037 for the City of Tulsa.  The sample size reflects a 0.2% sample of the estimated 215,000 registered voters in the City of Tulsa.  That poll had a margin of error of +/- 4.37 percent based on the small sample size.

In Nov 2008, that same poll suggested Taylor with a 60% favorability rating based on a similar sample size of 503.  That poll had a margin of error of +/- 4.36 percent based on the small sample size.

The funny thing reviewing that latest polling data in 11/08 was the mention of the following:

Do you approve or disapprove of the Drillers moving from Expo Square to downtown Tulsa?
Approve.............................................42%
Disapprove .......................................48%
Don’t Know/Refused......................10%

Do you think the new ballpark for the Tulsa Drillers will help revitalize downtown Tulsa?
Yes.............................................................................50%
No..............................................................................43%
Don’t Know/Refused...............................................7%

Seems there wasn't even favorable concensus among her supporters in this poll for moving the Drillers downtown and its potential for downtown revitalization.  But why bother with what the people want...

Let's not forget that the Oklahoma Poll is sponsored by the Tulsa World and News Channel 6, both adoring of this adminstration. 

And let's be honest, whether its this poll or another poll by someone else, the outcomes of a statistical poll can be tailored to fit a specified response given the proper parameters.  In this case, the Tulsa World stated that these poll respondents were randomly selected from voters who have established a frequent voting pattern...um, a voting pattern based on what?

The true test will come at the voting booth in the next election. 

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 04:57:37 am »

You have an amazing grasp of the obvious.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 08:22:36 am »

Do you approve or disapprove of the Drillers moving from Expo Square to downtown Tulsa?

In case you forgot... the Drillers were not going to stay at Expo Square. People seem to forget that they were going to move regardless.

I'm curious what the results would have been had they asked "Do you approve or disapprove of the Drillers moving from Expo Square to Jenks?".

---Robert
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 08:23:53 am »

A truly independent, nationally recognized Poll taken since the release of the latest City related fiascos would be nice.

In 2007, the Oklahoma Poll that showed Taylor with a 55% favorability rating was based on a poll size of 500, that's less than 0.1% of the reported census estimate of 384,037 for the City of Tulsa.  The sample size reflects a 0.2% sample of the estimated 215,000 registered voters in the City of Tulsa.  That poll had a margin of error of +/- 4.37 percent based on the small sample size.

In Nov 2008, that same poll suggested Taylor with a 60% favorability rating based on a similar sample size of 503.  That poll had a margin of error of +/- 4.36 percent based on the small sample size.

The funny thing reviewing that latest polling data in 11/08 was the mention of the following:

Approve.............................................42%
Disapprove .......................................48%
Don’t Know/Refused......................10%

Do you think the new ballpark for the Tulsa Drillers will help revitalize downtown Tulsa?
Yes.............................................................................50%
No..............................................................................43%
Don’t Know/Refused...............................................7%

Seems there wasn't even favorable concensus among her supporters in this poll for moving the Drillers downtown and its potential for downtown revitalization.  But why bother with what the people want...

Let's not forget that the Oklahoma Poll is sponsored by the Tulsa World and News Channel 6, both adoring of this adminstration. 

And let's be honest, whether its this poll or another poll by someone else, the outcomes of a statistical poll can be tailored to fit a specified response given the proper parameters.  In this case, the Tulsa World stated that these poll respondents were randomly selected from voters who have established a frequent voting pattern...um, a voting pattern based on what?

But you see, silly, it's not what the people wanted.  In this case it's what Chuck Lamson and the Drillers wanted.

Would you have rather seen them move to Jenks?

Oh, wait a minute, I forget who I'm trying to converse with here.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Wilbur
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 08:44:22 am »

But you see, silly, it's not what the people wanted.  In this case it's what Chuck Lamson and the Drillers wanted.

Would you have rather seen them move to Jenks?

YES!  Costs to the Tulsa taxpayer = zero!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 09:03:32 am »

YES!  Costs to the Tulsa taxpayer = zero!

Direct costs to the Taxpayer with the current ballpark are ALSO zero.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org