A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:25:23 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayor Taylor needs 5th Press Secretary  (Read 15132 times)
Wrinkle
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:15:17 pm »

As is being reported by NewsOK (and NOT the Whirled), Mayor Kathy Taylor will be changing press secretaries for the fifth time in three years.

http://mobile.newsok.com/tulsan-john-durkee-resigns-as-communications-director/article/3356564

....having some difficulty keeping on message, eh?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:17:26 pm by Wrinkle » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:32:03 pm »

As is being reported by NewsOK (and NOT the Whirled), Mayor Kathy Taylor will be changing press secretaries for the fifth time in three years.

http://mobile.newsok.com/tulsan-john-durkee-resigns-as-communications-director/article/3356564

Doesn't appear she'll need to unless someone steps up to challenge her.  She's too popular right now and only 1 year left until the election.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:19:26 am »

Sounds like Durkee left on his own terms, really has nothing to do about Taylor, except that he worked for her.  If you are implying that she is hard to work for, an awful mayor and can't get along with others, I really dont see it in this article.

Not saying I like or dislike the mayor, but she cant really shoulder the blame here. 

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 07:25:44 am »

Doesn't appear she'll need to unless someone steps up to challenge her.  She's too popular right now and only 1 year left until the election.

What do you base that on?  Have their been polls?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 07:34:20 am »

Her approval rating is at 60%. Considering 25% of people wouldn't be happy if Jesus was Mayor, that means her real score is closer to 80%.
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 08:22:53 am »

I do not know anyone that likes the mayor.  I don't think we have had a good mayor in 50 years or more.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:53:19 am »

I do not know anyone that likes the mayor.  I don't think we have had a good mayor in 50 years or more.

- says one of the ones that would not be happy if Jesus was mayor.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 08:59:07 am »

I know lots of people that like the mayor.  I think that she is a better mayor than we have had in 50 years or more.

//Got nothing...

---Robert
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 09:37:25 am »

I know it doesn't have to do with governing exactly but she went out of her way to keep a promise to my Nephew with special needs.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 09:40:44 am »

You obviously don't get out much, do you?

She's quite popular.  Even people who don't agree with everything she's done will agree that she's been incredibly effective at moving an agenda forward.  Driven people aren't out to make friends and it's hard to argue with progress.  I didn't vote for her last time and have been a very harsh critic of her at various points in her admin, but have to say, I can't see myself not voting for her this time around.

I do know people who don't "like" her who are planning on voting to give her another term.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 10:04:49 am »

I do not know anyone   I don't think.

TYG
buckeye
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 10:24:18 am »

Well, she has no personal interest in Tulsa.  Sometimes her machinations for bigger and better public offices through resume-padding projects and such happen to benefit the city.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 10:42:21 am »

Well, she has no personal interest in Tulsa.  Sometimes her machinations for bigger and better public offices through resume-padding projects and such happen to benefit the city.

I'd suspected a run-up for US HOR or Gov. but that obviously doesn't seem to be of interest at this point since she's going to run for Mayor again. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 11:04:30 am »

Yes, their (sic) have been at least two polls.

One was taken just before the big ice storm. She was at about a 55 percent approval rating then.

Another was taken a few months ago. She was at a 60 percent approval rating.

It's not to say that a big clusterf*ck couldn't occur between now and Election Day. But when you factor those strong approval ratings and the inherent power of incumbency, she's looking almost unbeatable.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 12:36:23 pm »

As far as the topic goes, John Durkee got offered a job elsewhere back in radio. That is why they need to hire a new press secretary.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org