A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:02:49 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uptown Tulsa  (Read 6204 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: January 18, 2009, 08:12:31 pm »

I recently received a letter from the PT folks that Uptown would not be considered for a small area workshop. Apparently Mr Crowley's office has dibs on this region.

Anyone know whats up? There are lots of empty spaces in uptown (11th to 21st/Cincinatti to Denver) and I think the area would be a great place for infill development. Not that it is the most deserving place in Tulsa (I'd rank North Cincy, Kendall Whittier, 6th and Utica, gunboat, OSU Tulsa, Downtonw,  etcetera higher).

I get the feeling that downtown and the surrounding areas (including close proximity river development) will come from the economic development office.

I thought the PT process was a collaborative effort that was looking for citizen input, why would certain areas be taken out of the forum planning?
pfox
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 07:50:19 am »

Hey...Inteller.  If you really believe all of the stuff you are saying, stop hiding behind your 'anonymous' internet moniker, and start using your real name.  Come on! Stand up for what you believe in!

"Our uniqueness is overshadowed by our inability to be unique."
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:50:55 am »

Crowley doesn't "own the area" but there are a lot of proposed and possible projects that he is compiling and putting input on. Including the daylighting of the drainage system (to create a canal running to riverparks) as well as downtown/river gateway projects at Boulder, Denver, SW Blvd, etc. He is also look at way to bring retail/mixed use to riverside, particularly at Denver.

I think they may be skipping the area because there is so much interest in it already, why not do a workshop on someplace that isn't getting enough attention.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 05:44:48 pm »

Yep, sgrizzle that is the plan. Nothing is out of place here I just jumped to a conclusion. Dr Crowley is certainly has the background to compile a comprehensive plan and is looking for feedback. We'll be glad to work with him and let some of the other small areas get the PT attention.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:39:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by carltonplace

Yep, sgrizzle that is the plan. Nothing is out of place here I just jumped to a conclusion. Dr Crowley is certainly has the background to compile a comprehensive plan and is looking for feedback. We'll be glad to work with him and let some of the other small areas get the PT attention.

Hear, Hear nothing to see here. Pay no attention to the man(on loan) behind the curtain. All is well in the land of Oz, Just follow the gold down that yellow brick. Lemme know how that workin' with works out for ya.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 07:30:02 am »

It makes more sense to try to collaborate then to sit in the corner and pout because of some imagined malignant grand plan to keep the hoi polloi in check and in their place.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 08:10:22 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

uh yeah at least PLANISHAM gives the appearances of collaboration. Crowley is a loan(ed) wolf for the mayor's office and from all i've seen he is simply executing a few of her pet projects.

Really, like what?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 03:22:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

like the city hall plaza....because if that fails to redevelop all of her detractors will be right about the city hall move debacle.

The City Hall Plaza is in the hands of TDA whose said likely nothing will happen until the market turns around. I think the fact that it's the TDA could have an impact as well. They act like realtors although they would be bankrupt if they had to do it for a living.

Crowley's contract expires in August (although it could be renewed, but that is when it's up)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org