A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:36:31 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Buy Bixby"/"Buy BA" ...  (Read 12747 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 12:11:56 pm »

Inteller is making a lot of sense here, I'm getting scared.

He also gets mega points for using the word "rube."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 08:48:20 am »

My favorite Tulsa COC accomplishment is when they were blowing their horn about how great the Bass Pro shop was for Tulsa...yes the one in Broken Arrow.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 10:02:05 am »

During the buy BA I bought everything in BA...had a boatload of tickets...didn't win..but was in the running!
Steve
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 10:03:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

"Rube" is a slang term meaning unsophisticated, a "bumpkin" if you will.  Inteller doesn't get any points from me because his use of the term was improper.  A rube may be foolish, but a foolish person is not necessarily a rube.

Since when does being honest and complying with state tax laws make one a rube?  I have paid use taxes on my internet purchases via my state income tax form as required by law.  I also follow city code regarding the maintenance and use of my homestead property.  Does that also make me a "rube?"

I was answering the original question regarding the economic impact of internet commerce.  The answer is that if everyone pays the taxes they are legally bound to, the impact is minimal, at least from a tax collection standpoint.  Local jobs and business profits, that is another matter.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:38:22 pm by Steve » Logged
inteller
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 09:11:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

"Rube" is a slang term meaning unsophisticated, a "bumpkin" if you will.  Inteller doesn't get any points from me because his use of the term was improper.  A rube may be foolish, but a foolish person is not necessarily a rube.

Since when does being honest and complying with state tax laws make one a rube?  I have paid use taxes on my internet purchases via my state income tax form as required by law.  I also follow city code regarding the maintenance and use of my homestead property.  Does that also make me a "rube?"

when they start putting up the PAY YOUR USE TAX signs around town, remind me to make sure your picture is on the poster.  You must be that .001 percent that the state says reports use taxes every year.  congratulations.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 01:26:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelWayne_71

Why is it a "metro" chamber if the burbs have their own?  Has it always been like this?  If not, when/why.

The "Metro Area" is what really counts, everyone is in the same boat. If Tulsa flounders, the rest of the metro area does to. The Las Vegas police dept.  use the term "Metro Police" on the sides of their cars, even though they are only Las Vegas Police, outside of Las Vegas the Clark County Sheriff runs the show. My guess is the Tulsa Chamber is pro-Tulsa and it's nearby cities.[B)]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 01:30:52 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Wilbur
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 05:37:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelWayne_71

Why is it a "metro" chamber if the burbs have their own?  Has it always been like this?  If not, when/why.

There are actually a couple of chambers within Tulsa, and yes, they fight each other.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org