A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:26:41 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $1.49 in OKC today  (Read 5502 times)
AMP
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:13:26 am »

Regular with Ethanol sold for $1.49 at many stations around OKC today.  

Price is dropping quickly.  Quart of oil at the Dollar Store dropped from $2.50 down to $2.20 this week also.  

For over 105 Years gasoline sold for less than 99 cents per gallon in the US.  About time the greed factor and the culprits that caused the artificially inflated prices are removed from the marketing process of this product.
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:35:48 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AMP

Regular with Ethanol sold for $1.49 at many stations around OKC today.  

Price is dropping quickly.  Quart of oil at the Dollar Store dropped from $2.50 down to $2.20 this week also.  

For over 105 Years gasoline sold for less than 99 cents per gallon in the US.  About time the greed factor and the culprits that caused the artificially inflated prices are removed from the marketing process of this product.

That's dangerous talk in oil country AMP. Gets much lower I may have to revisit the 12gallons per hour airboat business again!
inteller
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 09:04:52 am »

well it is official....our economy is going into the crapper.  $1.50 was a key support. Fall through that and we are basically heading into depression territory.
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 11:52:34 am »

I was watching a program on The Travel Channel about cruise ships. The ship the profiled was one of the newer ones, don't remember the name. It uses 7 gallons of diesel a second. Yikes!

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 01:18:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

well it is official....our economy is going into the crapper.  $1.50 was a key support. Fall through that and we are basically heading into depression territory.

1% decline in consumer prices. 16 year high in unemployment filings.

It's bad and it's just starting.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 02:10:08 pm »

It's $1.37 in the St. Louis area of Missouri, or so I heard. Enjoy it. This low oil price will attract investors back into the market. They will have a long way to go to drive up the cost and make huge profits. they can buy oil at $49.00 a barrel and sell it when it's back up to $150.00 a barrel. That's alot of money.[B)]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
bbriscoe
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 10:21:48 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sauerkraut

It's $1.37 in the St. Louis area of Missouri, or so I heard. [B)]

I believe it.  Gas was $1.53 in Skiatook on Saturday.  So why is it still $1.59 in Tulsa?  Does QT's high market share allow them to keep prices higher than in surrounding areas (where there isn't as much QT) and the very few other stations here just follow suit?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 11:37:38 am »

quote:
Originally posted by bbriscoe

I believe it.  Gas was $1.53 in Skiatook on Saturday.  So why is it still $1.59 in Tulsa?  Does QT's high market share allow them to keep prices higher than in surrounding areas (where there isn't as much QT) and the very few other stations here just follow suit?

It's pretty much a given that QT dictates gas prices in Tulsa.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 12:40:21 pm »

Price fixing really needs to be looked into by the AG.
inteller
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 01:22:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

Price fixing really needs to be looked into by the AG.

oh they will always come back with some BS like "well they are having a good old fashioned price war in OKC"  I hear that one a lot.  Sounds like to me they are having good old fashioned competition down there instead of up here in Bend Me Over Tulsa.
citizen72
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 05:34:22 pm »

QT is not much of a friend to Tulsa that is for sure. Its much take with very little give. Of course the business was predicated from the beginning to do the gouge. They are still doing it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:38:48 pm by citizen72 » Logged

^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org