A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:49:38 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 East - New Development at 21st and Riverside  (Read 11430 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 12:24:35 pm »

Uptown is my hope for a true urban community in Tulsa, and my main area of interest (as you can probably see) just because of its potential.  Bordered by two of the most unique, desirable neighborhoods in the city (Maple Ridge to the east and Riverview to the west) and then the river to the south and downtown to the north, with good highway access, the location is truly the best in Tulsa.  The beautiful Midland Valley trail provides a direct link to the river and perhaps a better, more direct link into downtown someday.  Maple Park and Veterans Park are two of the most active and beautiful parks in the city and there is a new dog park by the Creek Council Oak.  There are some older apartments, highrise condos, several office buildings, and a thriving restaurant/bar district at 18th & Boston (SoBo).  But right now a good part of the area between 18th and Hwy. 51, between Cheyenne and Boston, is full of parking lots or vacant buildings like Abundant Life.  I can see the area being similar to Dallas' uptown with new lofts, midrises, and retail/restaurants but it just hasn't happened.  All it takes is one developer willing to take a chance, just look at all the development that has happened in Brookside and Cherry Street over the past few years.  If was looking at living in downtown or uptown I would choose uptown based on the aforementioned attributes. 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »

I live near this site and wonder why is it still a vacant lot?  Does Coury still own it?  Such a great location with views of the park and skyline, Maple Ridge to the south and east, and the river trails a block away.  It would be great to see one of the modern rowhome projects get built here.

tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 04:36:59 pm »

The land is for sale and has been for a while, so I'd say it's dead for now.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org