A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:39:52 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would love to look at Fregonese's tools and data  (Read 7073 times)
cmoreno
« on: September 24, 2008, 06:50:44 am »

Anyone know where we can get ahold of the survey data that Fregonese presented at the workshop?

The presenter sped through his slides, and pointed out some demographic data, trends shaping tulsa's future, etc., but it seemed to me that there was a lot more there that he didn't have time to show.

I also expected to be able to go back to the planiTulsa website and see those surveys we took, and look at the results and citizen's comments, etc.  ...did they take that down?  or did they never post it in the first place?

I'd be interested in going back to see if the results and comments/ideas from the surveys match up with the maps that folks created; if those ideas made it through from one part of the process to the other.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:13:39 am »

Here is some info:
http://www.planitulsa.com/presentations
tim huntzinger
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 08:26:20 am »

Executive Summary here.

I must say I am always prepared for more BS and was more than ready to call BS on this project (I mean, how many consultants will it take?)  However, I am heartened by the responses of Tulsans and hope that this actually goes somewhere.
cmoreno
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:59:41 am »

thanks!
as always, our good friend michael bates is on the case as well.  his article:

http://www.batesline.com/archives/2008/08/tulsas-ekg.html

has links to a lot of resources as well.  i'll be sure to go through those.  i did ask where the raw data was, and he said he'd expected to get it back in july.  ...maybe we can lean on them a little to get that posted for us.

the map exercise was great, but in order to truly create a comprehensive plan, IMO we really need to analyse some of these bigger issues and the concerns of citizens in a lot greater detail.
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:46:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cmoreno

the map exercise was great, but in order to truly create a comprehensive plan, IMO we really need to analyse some of these bigger issues and the concerns of citizens in a lot greater detail.

Nine more workshops to come. They're supposed to be small-area focused, which means a lot more detail.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 09:59:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

quote:

Nine more workshops to come. They're supposed to be small-area focused, which means a lot more detail.

Theron Warlick told our table that the number of small area workshops had been reduced to 8, because of the addition of the transit workshop. You guys really need to get on the same page.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
cmoreno
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 10:07:11 pm »

"transit workshop"?  what's that?
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 11:24:25 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:

quote:

Theron Warlick told our table that the number of small area workshops had been reduced to 8, because of the addition of the transit workshop. You guys really need to get on the same page.

8 + 1 = 9
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 12:27:20 pm »

That is some goofy math
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 02:08:45 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:

quote:

8 + 1 = 9

That's only 8 small area workshops, not the nine that have been promised. Unless, of course the transit workshop will only be confined to a small area. I can only imagine the howls of protest from the light rail mafia if that's the case. Goofy math indeed.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
MDepr2007
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 02:18:24 pm »

I want as many in my district as district 4 has had[^]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org