A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 01:38:39 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oliveto Restaurant-91st and Memorial  (Read 21159 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 12011



« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 11:22:02 am »

^^^Wow...obvious much?^^^
Logged
hello
Civic Leader
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 244


WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 09:30:02 pm »

lmao. seriously.
Logged

 
joiei
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1385



« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 07:36:41 am »

Hi EJ and welcome to Tulsanow.  Your review is just a little too over the top.  We have seen others write a posting very similar to yours for other establishments.   At least you didn't slam other restaurants trying to drum up business for your place.  Basically, what you have posted is spam.  If the review is too glowing then we regulars here have reason to be suspect.  And we are suspect.  Maybe the next time I am that far south I might check it out from other comments posted on this thread but your posting does not make me want to run on down anytime soon.  Good try though.  

And Intellers post, he is starting to lighten up and be nice in his postings.  God bless him, he really means well.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:39:15 am by joiei » Logged

‎"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 10964


Connoisseur of fine bacon.


WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 08:38:56 am »

Come on guys, give Oliveto's a chance.  It's another Mazzio's endeavor, and I've had the food.  All I can say is that it's as good as Zio's, and I like Zio's.

That said, there is not much of a market in tulsa any more for "Fast Italian" served in a casual atmosphere.  Simply too many similar quality offerings that feed off of the bottom of that market.  Tulsa also has many very good authentic Italian offerings that pull off of the top of that market.  This leaves very little room for another restaurant of this type to capture market share.

If the concept was smaller and located in a smaller market, or in markets without an Olive Garden/Zio's type offering, I think it would be a success.  Had they pushed it a few miles south into Bixby they would probably be in a better position, but 91st and Memorial is a difficult transition area.  The demographics are strong, but there is no destination anchor at that intersection, and the destination anchors to the north and south naturally pull people away from that intersection.

Looking at my Catosphere maps, this concept would be prime for Sand Springs.

That's my 2 1/2 cents.
Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 15989


Inconceivable!


WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 08:55:40 am »

It's not fast enough Italian.. where's drive-through italian? I wanna eat lasagna in my lap while driving down the BA and texting...
Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 10964


Connoisseur of fine bacon.


WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 09:22:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

It's not fast enough Italian.. where's drive-through italian? I wanna eat lasagna in my lap while driving down the BA and texting...



Actually, Yes there is.  I think it's called Fazzoli's up Northeast.

Nothing like a hot meatball rolling around on the floorboard of your car.
Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
joiei
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1385



« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 12:06:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

Come on guys, give Oliveto's a chance.  It's another Mazzio's endeavor, and I've had the food.  All I can say is that it's as good as Zio's, and I like Zio's.

That said, there is not much of a market in tulsa any more for "Fast Italian" served in a casual atmosphere.  Simply too many similar quality offerings that feed off of the bottom of that market.  Tulsa also has many very good authentic Italian offerings that pull off of the top of that market.  This leaves very little room for another restaurant of this type to capture market share.

If the concept was smaller and located in a smaller market, or in markets without an Olive Garden/Zio's type offering, I think it would be a success.  Had they pushed it a few miles south into Bixby they would probably be in a better position, but 91st and Memorial is a difficult transition area.  The demographics are strong, but there is no destination anchor at that intersection, and the destination anchors to the north and south naturally pull people away from that intersection.

Looking at my Catosphere maps, this concept would be prime for Sand Springs.

That's my 2 1/2 cents.

I have no problems with Olivetos.  I have never been there so I have no opinion on whether it is good or not.  The posting by EJ was so much like schilling.  Remember what's her name and her posts about Oscars?  I still go to Oscars inspite of the posting.
Logged

‎"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child.
wordherder
Guest
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 02:49:59 pm »

Shilling or no, I hear there's another Oliveto's going up in Broken Arrow near the 71st and BA area.

Guess they've done well enough with the first restaurant to try another one.
Logged
joiei
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1385



« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 05:27:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by wordherder

Shilling or no, I hear there's another Oliveto's going up in Broken Arrow near the 71st and BA area.

Guess they've done well enough with the first restaurant to try another one.

It is heartening to hear that a company is doing well enough to think about expanding.
Logged

‎"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child.
EJ

Tourist

Offline Offline

Posts: 4


WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 01:35:42 pm »

LOL, that was funny. Okay, I don't work for Oliveto but I am friends with the family who owns it. That being said, I stand behind my comments. I thought the place did a great job and earned a thorough review so that it what I gave it. I probably did go over the top as I wrote the review as just that, as a review, and not as a post which is what you guys are probably used to here. I'll tone it down in the future.

As for you inteller, Oliveto does offer free bread. They just don't dump loaves of it on every table before you even get your water. All you have to do is ask for it. So get your facts straight. And yes, I'll take your $50 gift card any day.

For everyone else, the place has been open for about 6 months now. So they should be much improved on any short comings that you may have come across in it's early days.

You guys have some good info on other local Tulsa restaurants on this site. I'm looking forward to checking out some of your recommendations - Mr Tacos and Cancun are on my list. Thanks
Logged

 
Hawkins
Guest
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 03:20:43 am »

The prices here are low. Very surprised at the value.

"Milk Shots" with the cookie-cake desert were a nice touch.

Olive Garden has better salad and unlimited free breadsticks, but this new place is cheaper, and not that bad at all!

Logged
EJ

Tourist

Offline Offline

Posts: 4


WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 09:52:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by EJ


 So they should be much improved on any short comings that you may have come across in it's early days.





oh really, so the inability of a hostess to simply find a clean booth directly behind her 3 weeks ago is an improvement?[}:)]





September 2008 was 3 weeks ago? You're just a novelty that this site offers right? You can't be for real.
Logged

 
Gold
Guest
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 01:27:27 pm »

no, three weeks ago was three weeks ago.....damn dude you are a like a turd that won't flush.

Pot . . . kettle . . .

Really nice discourse, there!  You're such a nice guy!
Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 10964


Connoisseur of fine bacon.


WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 05:50:56 am »

I noticed this weekend that Oliveto's was empty at around noon, and directly across the street there was a line flowing out the door of the CiCi's pizza.  Literally around the corner of the building.

I guess in Tulsa, when it comes to Italian food, nothing beats macaroni & cheese pizza! Cheesy


Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 10920


I might be moving to Montana soon...


WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 11:58:25 am »

I noticed this weekend that Oliveto's was empty at around noon, and directly across the street there was a line flowing out the door of the CiCi's pizza.  Literally around the corner of the building.

I guess in Tulsa, when it comes to Italian food, nothing beats macaroni & cheese pizza! Cheesy




While I'm not a huge fan of Cici's, their barbeque pizza is best in town.  As far as barbeque pizzas go, that is.  I think Pizza Hut makes one too.   Grin

But if I want something along those lines (pizza), I'll go to Napoli's and get the stromboli.  Big as Popeye's forearm, for sure.
Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

 
  Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
 

Mission

 

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

 

Contact

 

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org