A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:25:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honest HVAC company in Tulsa?  (Read 8008 times)
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« on: April 23, 2008, 06:26:05 am »

I need to get some A/C work done at the homestead, anyone got any recommendations on some good honest folks that do that kind of work?

I hate just calling random people out there because I don't know ANYTHING about that stuff and always wonder if I'm gettin' ripped off or not.

Thanks.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:53:26 am »

Masters Heat and Air....Jim Masters is the owner...633-5687....

FOTD
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 06:59:06 am »

Air assurance...... Mike Rampey or Wes Adams.....  258-heat or 258-cool.
They won't just hit and run. They don't throw sucker punches either.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 07:25:04 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

Are you supposed to call one number in the summer and another in the winter?  [Wink]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Steve
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 10:02:04 am »

In the past, I have always used the service branch of Jack Nelson Co. (ServiceExperts) because Nelson installed my new furnace many years ago.  The last time they were out about 6 years ago, the blower had quit working and it was a worn out fuse/breaker on the fan.  A simple plugin replacement.  They charged me $100 for the part, a part I probably could have paid $10 or less for at Home Depot.  They have always fixed things right the first time, but I always feel I am being way overcharged.  Live & learn.

I see Airco Co. trucks in my neighborhood quite often, so next time I need HVAC work, I am going to give them a call.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 10:42:05 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

I would have recommended them as well, but after the ice storm they charged us over $200 for a transformer that only costs $22.  That was just parts cost--labor was more.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 10:55:11 pm »

Now I see they are in a bit of trouble:

'Sisney said he became aware of "questionable practices" in April after Air Assurance did work for the district without work orders being produced or the school board authorizing the work, and that this was normal practice for the company.'
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080904_19_A1_Broken962065

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 10:57:01 pm »

Try Sewell Mechanical
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:57:32 pm by Kashmir » Logged
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 06:39:44 am »

I ended up going with someone a friend recommended. The guy works full-time for a local school system and does the residential stuff on the side. He did a good job and I got what I believe is a reasonable deal so I'm happy. =]

Thanks!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 12:45:23 pm »

Sounds like they had a nice deal with some people.
The ORU scandal didnt come to light until someone filed suit, either.

"According to the lawsuit, Air Assurance has been paid $3.1 million by the school district since July 2002. During his investigation, Sisney found that Air Assurance had a blanket purchase order for services. Sisney claims that work was being done and an invoice submitted before a purchase order was created."

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 06:44:45 pm »

Yeah, I know - this is WAY old, but seemed to be the right topic.

In answer to the initial question - Yes!  Found one.   Airco Service. 

Had a situation this week where family friends - 90 year old lady had an AC that crapped out.  Angies was checked and Airco Service - NOT to be confused with Air Comfort...who are obviously trying to play off name similarities...got good reviews.  A couple of others I know had used them before and Robison and really liked Airco, so that's who they went with.  Everyone involved was very professional.  The guys doing the work were in a brutally hot attic with no ventilation or air movement - the roof vents were broken.  Took a day and a half but it is a fairly complicated zoned system - one of those volume for volumes sake McMansions I go on about.  First day, the lady mentioned to one of the guys that it was rough sleeping 'cause it was so warm in that end of the house.  He told the office, and in a couple hours, the estimator came back with a "loaner" portable AC for her use.  No extra charge.  They also had to do some "bringing up to code" work on access in the attic.  No extra charge.  Starting yesterday mid-afternoon, she had her 77 degree rooms back.  Itemized equipment prices listed on estimate were reasonable.  (I reviewed all this for the family as a sanity check.)   At first I thought the labor sounded a little high, but after what they had to do and especially the way they did it, I now feel it was very reasonable - I would not have done it for that little!!  And they were the cheapest estimate of 3.  Others were Robison Air and Air Comfort Solutions (I guess the football hero adds a lot of overhead...)

Now all they have to do is sit back and see if Lennox equipment will last....  I am not a big fan of all aluminum condenser coils, but it beats the hell out of that micro-channel crap!!  10 yr warranty on parts, so I am betting by the time she is 100 she won't still be in that house - talking about assisted living places already.

And I have been holding off on getting mine fixed for the last couple years, so maybe now I have found a place to deal with.  Wouldn't mind having air conditioning again...

Her previous AC guy - the one that installed the old one - had been doing annual "service" and charging between $300 and $500 per visit, spring and fall!!  I wish I had known this a few years earlier and she would not have used All Temp again!  The equipment was ok...lasted 18 years!  But seasonal service...that is insane!!

What she told me is that Airco Service says it is $169 each.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org