A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:51:31 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's in GlenPool that makes it the next hot spot  (Read 9948 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 04:47:28 pm »

To answer the title of this thread - What's in Glenpool? A brand new Wal-Mart. Let's celebrate. This will also make alot of new jobs.[Smiley]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
South County
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 07:57:13 pm »

What's in Glenpool... Opportunity

There is so much untapped potential. Land prices are still relatively inexpensive.

121st & 75 is just the start. Announced along with Wal-Mart, 2 4-story hotels, Santa Fe Steakhouse, IHOP,a Medical Clinic, Sonic, American Heritage Bank, East side of street - Crystal Pools, another hotel and eating establishment  

Word on the street...

151st and 75 will be developing with in the next year.  

A major Business park is planned for 161st to 171st east side of 75. City just annexed the land last month.

They are working to expand the number of classes TCC offers in town.

Glenpool will be to the South what Owasso is to the North

Glenpool Tag Line
South County
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 07:59:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by unknown

Anybody have any pictures of the new centennial landmark that is supposed to be going up there?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080407_1_A15_spanc55548
South County
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 08:16:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by buzz words

I read that walmart is building an upscale supercenter in Glenpool.  The average income in Jenks is $68,000 Glenpool is $32,000 Why GlenPool over Jenks?

2000 census data shows median income to be 43,200. Its 7 to 8 years old.

http://censtats.census.gov/data/OK/1604029600.pdf

The city hired an independant marketing firm (same as Bixby and Owasso) to research the current demographics. In the Glenpool zip code they reported estimated 2007 ave household income over 67,000.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 08:35:45 am »

As Jenks "fills up" and growth in Bixby continues. The natural flow of development will continue south. And there is Glenpool nestled between Bixby, Jenks, and the highway. Didnt need to be a thing "in" gleenpool. Actually its fine that there wasn't. If anything the old stuff is in the way and new development will avoid being near the older parts of Glenpool, or will be torn down and replaced.

Developers like to build next to the last development that did well. People like to live around others like themselves in new neighborhoods. Its natural that once new neighborhoods start sprouting up, new retail starts following the trend. You will also see the schools in Glenpool improve as more middle and upper middle class kids start going to school there. All of this will grow and reinforce itself. Once much of the available property is soaked up... development will continue off in some direction, again, next to what is already going on. Likely follow the highway. (you obviously arent going to see new neighborhoods going back in the areas that already have them, its already developed on).

Its not rocket science, it started in Tulsa. Utica Square was once a suburb, then Brookside and Southroads were once waay out there, open fields, etc.

You can look on a map or just drive and see the rings of different developmental time periods laid out 50s, 60s, 70s, 80's, 90s, today as they radiate outward. One new development being placed next to another, then the next, and the next. They were just open fields that became the "next hot spot".

And now its all the way out to Glenpool.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:39:59 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
buzz words
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 09:11:21 am »

Thaks "Artist" I "love" to read your mind..LoL
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 09:44:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

quote:
Originally posted by TUalum0982

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm

quote:
Originally posted by buzz words

I read that walmart is building an upscale supercenter in Glenpool.  The average income in Jenks is $68,000 Glenpool is $32,000 Why GlenPool over Jenks?

That's their usual strategy. It helps that the land is probably cheaper in Glenpool.

just like what some of the other people have mentioned, land availability, cost of land and the two towns are looking for different things in bringing in retailers.  Not to mention there are several housing additions in Jenks that are less then 2-3 miles from this new location.

Yeah, I am one of those people who is 2 miles away from it and my money will definitely be going there. I am tired of driving to Bixby every Sunday morning.

Actually the Wal-Mart is not in Bixby. It is in Tulsa. The West side of Memorial down to 111th is Tulsa. The East side is Bixby starting at 101st.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 12:46:24 pm »

I love Glenpool. I have a recycling center right in the middle of the most important thing in town...the school system. My bins are in a parking lot next door to the administration building near where every parent goes with their kids.

Glenpool would be a great town to live in and raise kids.

Power is nothing till you use it.
buzz words
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 09:41:00 am »

I thought that the WalMart was at the 141st street exit.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 12:55:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I love Glenpool. I have a recycling center right in the middle of the most important thing in town...the school system. My bins are in a parking lot next door to the administration building near where every parent goes with their kids.

Glenpool would be a great town to live in and raise kids.

I would definitely recycle if there were a recycling center in the grocery store parking lot. Is where I get most of the stuff that needs recycling anyway. It would be supremely easy to remember and convenient to grab your recyclables every time you went to the grocery store. Drop off the old, get some new. Otherwise its yet another trip and down a street I normally dont go.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 10:47:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by South County

There is so much untapped potential. Land prices are still relatively inexpensive.

121st & 75 is just the start. Announced along with Wal-Mart, 2 4-story hotels, Santa Fe Steakhouse, IHOP,a Medical Clinic, Sonic, American Heritage Bank, East side of street - Crystal Pools, another hotel and eating establishment  

Word on the street...

A major Business park is planned for 161st to 171st east side of 75. City just annexed the land last month.

Glenpool Tag Line

So what is going on at 151st and 75? Seems like that would be a prime spot for another Wal-Mart type development. Maybe with a big grocer as the anchor.
South County
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 07:50:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

quote:
Originally posted by South County

Word on the street...

Glenpool Tag Line

So what is going on at 151st and 75? Seems like that would be a prime spot for another Wal-Mart type development. Maybe with a big grocer as the anchor.

A few say Cabela's since they were reported to be looking at the Tulsa Market, but I would be suprized if that's it.

I'm thinking since the City released the "opportunity gap" study, the biggest hole was in building supplies and groceries. So either one is a prime candidate. I'm hearing an announcement later this year.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 10:29:01 pm »

QUOTE<What's in GlenPool that makes it the next hot spot>

With oil at $111.00 a barrel those stripper well plugged during the boom will create activity opening them up.  The chasing down of the heirs with the mineral rights could create some activity.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org