A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:50:41 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously? A rocket  (Read 4787 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 10:02:46 am »

To bad it didn't hit Paul Tay.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 10:31:59 am »

Back about 1996, an air guard F-15 or 16 ran into trouble north of Tulsa.  It was very low cloud cover that night.  The pilot punched out and was fine.  The plane left a smoking hole in the ground between Skiatook High School and the Skiatook airport and narrowly missed a residential area.  If I remember right this one did not come from Ok. Air Guard but Arkansas.

I was taking flying lessons at the time.  After the Feds had released the airspace a couple days later, my instructor and I just had to fly up and see what it looked like from the air.

I had the privelege of seeing another Air Guard fighter dead stick in from a rooftop at Boeing at TUL about a year after that.  We were doing some work on a cooling tower on a rooftop when five planes took off.  About ten minutes later, the fire trucks rolled out.  Within a few minutes we saw two of the fighters come into view.  One of the planes was noticeably quiet, he made a perfect landing right on the numbers of runway 26 without power as the other one hit the throttle and disappeared back to the north.  

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
inteller
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 10:58:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

To bad it didn't hit Paul Tay.....

I agree, highly unfortunate.
Wrinkle
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 11:51:59 am »

Couldn't help but wonder if Ms. Kitty was calling in air strikes now instead of trying to collect $1,000/day for derilected properties.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 12:18:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by twizzler

I can't wait to hear what altruismsuffers has to say about this.....

The building put a hole in itself, framed the national guard.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 12:33:13 pm »

The Air National Guard office in Tulsa just sent us more information about this incident.

At approximately 2:57 pm yesterday an F-16 fighter aircraft departed the Tulsa Air National Guard Base in route to Smokey Hill Gunnery Range in Salina Kansas on a routine mission. Shortly after take off a BDU 33, a practice non-explosive training bomb weighing approximately 22 pounds, inadvertently released from the aircraft.

A safety investigation board was convened and an investigation is on going.

The Oklahoma Air National Guard is thankful that no injuries or loss of life happened as a result of this training incident. We are responding and working along side other state partners to determine the facts of the incident.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 12:58:06 pm »

Giant image, but here is what it looks like on an f-16. Pretty small actually...

http://www.944fw.afrc.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/041208-F-0000P-001.jpg
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 01:44:03 pm »

Can't find anything about the alien microbes released in this military experiment gone awry.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 10:14:55 pm »

I would still want it on the mantle......

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 10:28:06 pm »

My mind cant help but wonder a bit, and speculate as to the hypothetical outcome had this instead been a nuke being quietly transported through Tulsa International.
I guess we'd never really know until something went wrong...

Would have made December's ice storm a refreshing diversion by comparison.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 06:19:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by twizzler

I can't wait to hear what altruismsuffers has to say about this.....

The building put a hole in itself, framed the national guard.

You are way ahead. Alt would first have to consult Alex Jones, John Conner, and perhaps Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul so someone could give him that opinion.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org