A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:15:31 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waffle House  (Read 13243 times)
flybriz
« on: February 21, 2008, 08:52:45 pm »

That Waffle House gets robbed about once a month - Someone's going to have to find a new source of revenue.  [Cheesy]
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:46:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by flybriz

That Waffle House gets robbed about once a month - Someone's going to have to find a new source of revenue.  [Cheesy]

which one?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:50:02 pm »

I-44 and Peoria I'm assuming.  The whole area is going to be new and improved once the highway widening goes through.  Good thing, since everything along the highway got really ghetto simply due to the fact that they knew the highway would eventually take everything out, and thus, spent absolutely zero on upkeep of properties near it.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 06:52:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

I-44 and Peoria I'm assuming.  The whole area is going to be new and improved once the highway widening goes through.  Good thing, since everything along the highway got really ghetto simply due to the fact that they knew the highway would eventually take everything out, and thus, spent absolutely zero on upkeep of properties near it.

According to the PDF's, WAHO looks pretty untouched.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 07:48:35 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

There is lots of stuff being demolished/moved that looked untouched on the PDF.  Im guessing that the PDF from a couple of years ago was only tentative, not a final plan.  Also, it seems as if the property gets merely nicked, they just go ahead and take out the whole thing - Probably property by property not even specifically where the building sits.

The Don Pablo's and Celebration Station by Yale have shut down and are getting ready to be cleared.  I'm puzzled on that one myself.

I was also told the Patrick Henry apartments are being taken out.  I'm curious but not sure about, the Best Western Tradewinds (both Central and East) being taken out, and the Canyon Creek apartments at 51st & Lewis.  The PDF shows a very big shaving of their parking lot, possibly up to the front of the structure on the Tradewinds East.  It also shows the widening going nowhere near the Patrick Henry.

Based on some of the far reaching demolition, I would just assume that if it is anywhere near I-44, it is history.

The Celebration Station going bye-bye brings into question the status of the Yacht Club apartment complex.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:50:19 am by YoungTulsan » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 08:03:24 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

There is lots of stuff being demolished/moved that looked untouched on the PDF.  Im guessing that the PDF from a couple of years ago was only tentative, not a final plan.  Also, it seems as if the property gets merely nicked, they just go ahead and take out the whole thing - Probably property by property not even specifically where the building sits.

The Don Pablo's and Celebration Station by Yale have shut down and are getting ready to be cleared.  I'm puzzled on that one myself.

I was also told the Patrick Henry apartments are being taken out.  I'm curious but not sure about, the Best Western Tradewinds (both Central and East) being taken out, and the Canyon Creek apartments at 51st & Lewis.  The PDF shows a very big shaving of their parking lot, possibly up to the front of the structure on the Tradewinds East.  It also shows the widening going nowhere near the Patrick Henry.

Based on some of the far reaching demolition, I would just assume that if it is anywhere near I-44, it is history.

The Celebration Station going bye-bye brings into question the status of the Yacht Club apartment complex.

Celebration Station (and likely Don Pablos) were shutting down no matter what I-44 did. CS was a ghost town. Both took a big hit during the last I-44 construction and CS lost most of it's customers to incredible pizza or the remodeled Chuck-E-Cheese.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 08:47:33 am »

Chuck-E-Cheese?  You mean that pizza pimpin' rat?

At least my kids are grown beyond that age.  I think you and Mrs. Grizz are likely in for a few b-day parties there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 08:53:38 am »

Mr. Kashmir always needs a strong one after being at the Chunky Cheese.  And he needs more strong ones after going to Incredible Pizza.  That place is sheer hell.  [xx(]

Thank goodness my kids can be placated with Chick! Fil!A!Balloons!Playground!IceCream!

Are people still able to drive through the soon to be demolished/moved homes?  I love that creepy stuff.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 10:18:27 am »

Part of what we're seeing along I-44 might be speculative investing--if the rebuild isn't going to take out a property, then it's going to put a nice new interstate next to it, thus raising future propety values.
grahambino
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 10:25:01 am »

what a shame if those Patrick Henry apartments were to go...

Theyve all been vacated from what I can tell.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 11:01:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

I hope your being sarcastic....They have been a crime ridden dump for years....

grahambino
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 11:18:15 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

I hope your being sarcastic....They have been a crime ridden dump for years....

yes, i was being sarcastic.
what was the deal w/ that place anyways?
was it a halfway house or something?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 11:23:24 am »

Close.  I do know where the female halfway house is in the vicinity. [8D]

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 01:32:30 pm »

I believe the proper term is "crack den".

I wonder if QuikTrip has thought about pouncing on a spot along 51st between Harvard and Lewis now that it is going to remain two-ways.  I'm guessing the Shells at I-44 and Harvard and I-44 and Peoria are going to be gone, in addition to the crappy Sinclair place at I-44 and Wheeling.  I could see a lot of new development going on there when the dust settles.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:33:33 pm by YoungTulsan » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 01:52:24 pm »

halfway houses have nothing to do with crack dens.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org