A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:51:03 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South County Square in Jenks  (Read 14679 times)
tmberry
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 05:23:37 pm »

I talked to the Alpaca farm owner before they left (during their garage sale) and she said that they made sure to sell the land to someone that promised to use the farm in the fashion it was created and to not develop the land.  I would hate to see that property developed.  It is so beautiful.  I hope the new owners keep their promise.  And I'm thrilled to hear that the development at 111th and Elm is not an Apartment complex as I first thought.  That would be horrible!!!
tmberry
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 05:27:04 pm »

I meant 121st and Elm.  That is where the South County Square sign is.
safetyguy
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 08:48:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tmberry

I talked to the Alpaca farm owner before they left (during their garage sale) and she said that they made sure to sell the land to someone that promised to use the farm in the fashion it was created and to not develop the land.  I would hate to see that property developed.  It is so beautiful.  I hope the new owners keep their promise.  And I'm thrilled to hear that the development at 111th and Elm is not an Apartment complex as I first thought.  That would be horrible!!!

Money talks....

I hope they do keep their promise. We miss seeing the alpaca's. My wife likes the horses at 111th and Elm more (probably because they have been around longer)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:29 pm »

That is a very pretty spot, as is the cliffs and entrance to the neighborhoods near there. If I were Jenks I would buy that property and the other one down a ways to the south thats on the left side with the hill and the red barn. Keep them as some kind of park or public facility of some sort. So much of Jenks is going to get rapidly developed that maintaining a few beautiful, tranquil, country spots in the middle of all that would be very very much appreciated some day. They probably arent even thinking about that kind of thing right now. But they will regret it when its gone. Jenks has a very small area and its likely going to be developed more densely than any other suburb.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 07:42:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

That is a very pretty spot, as is the cliffs and entrance to the neighborhoods near there. If I were Jenks I would buy that property and the other one down a ways to the south thats on the left side with the hill and the red barn. Keep them as some kind of park or public facility of some sort. So much of Jenks is going to get rapidly developed that maintaining a few beautiful, tranquil, country spots in the middle of all that would be very very much appreciated some day. They probably arent even thinking about that kind of thing right now. But they will regret it when its gone. Jenks has a very small area and its likely going to be developed more densely than any other suburb.

A huge portion of Jenks will never develop due to flooding issues. Elwood south of 96th getting washed out this week is a good example.

I do know the farm with the red barn at 111th has the deed written to make it difficult to develop. I have heard the former Alpaca farm IS going to be developed but who knows. Quik Trip is building a store right by the Alpaca farm where the nursery was.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 02:29:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

You have a point.  If the suburbs want to replace Tulsa, they need to develope their own park systems with their signature parks instead of relying on Tulsa to entertain them.  Do any of them have anything like a major park to claim as their own?  Or do they all bus the kids into Tulsa to have a park day?  Just curious. Is there any place around that has as many wedding pictures and graduation pictures as Woodland Park taken there?  Not to mention all the high school groups like cheerleaders?  Have we found a need that needs to be filled?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 11:02:21 am »

I knew the owners of the alpaca farm, and I have inside sources with the new owner - no development there anytime soon...it was a concern of mine, as well.  The new owner also bought the house on top of the hill above it...He's a major player in the River District, FYI.

I do know that there are plans to put a stoplight in at 106th where it hits Elm.  It will also require a minor rerouting of 106th to tne north from the plans I've seen.

safetyguy
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 06:55:07 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

I knew the owners of the alpaca farm, and I have inside sources with the new owner - no development there anytime soon...it was a concern of mine, as well.  The new owner also bought the house on top of the hill above it...He's a major player in the River District, FYI.

I do know that there are plans to put a stoplight in at 106th where it hits Elm.  It will also require a minor rerouting of 106th to tne north from the plans I've seen.

That's interesting that someone who has involvement with the River District is owns the house on the hill. They will be able to watch the River District develop from their house with the view that house has to have!!

Not thrilled about a light at 106th and Elm, but at the same time I am not surprised. Maybe the rerouting will mean that they have to remove the swamp/mini lake (on the east side) that has been known to wreak when you drive by it (my wife always asks as we drive by if I have passed gas and I just say not this time [}:)] )
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 10:07:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

Start the fireworks, another bank!! Just what we need in Jenks. I was getting concerned that there wouldn't be enough places to stockpile my money in the dwindling economy....

Swake- do you know anything about what's going to go in at 121st and Elwood on the NE corner? I saw that they have it all staked off.

Three guesses and the first two don't count... ANOUTHER BANK[xx(]

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 10:14:45 am »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

That's interesting that someone who has involvement with the River District is owns the house on the hill. They will be able to watch the River District develop from their house with the view that house has to have!!

Not thrilled about a light at 106th and Elm, but at the same time I am not surprised. Maybe the rerouting will mean that they have to remove the swamp/mini lake (on the east side) that has been known to wreak when you drive by it (my wife always asks as we drive by if I have passed gas and I just say not this time [}:)] )

Yes signalization at 106th is in their plan and no it is not the little pond on the Evan's property that stinks.  Shift your view a little north and you'll see the top (elevated hatch) of a significant (buried) sewer lift station and what is offending you is the vent from the wet well...

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 10:19:49 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom

How about 111th and Elwood - NW corner?

Nothing is planned there that I know. That was the  rumored site of the Wal-Mart that is going in at 101st now. The owner is slowly leveling the site by selling fill dirt to construction sites and is in no hurry to develop or sell the land.

I believe you're lost try the NW Corner of 111th and Elm for the excavation/future development site and yes Wallace is developing the NE Corner of 111th and Elwood as residential.

safetyguy
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 08:48:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

It’s called South County Square. I don’t know much about who the tenants are going to be except that the center is going to be anchored by yet another bank, I forget which one.

It’s supposed to be a nice little center with a little pond and amphitheater as the center piece. I think there’s supposed to be a fountain in the pond too.

That makes two new banks that have opened in the last year in Jenks (Arvest and TTCU) with four more either under construction or about to start construction.

I drove by this development last night and it is coming along nicely. I like the style of the building.

As far as tenants at this point, Fox Cleaners, Fitness Together and Out South Wine & Liquor have banners displayed that they are coming soon. Fox Cleaners looks like they are going to have a drive thru window/door for pickup/drop off which will be nice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org