A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:49:01 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Michael's Alley--Closed  (Read 3800 times)
dsjeffries
« on: February 09, 2008, 10:54:20 am »

I've been meaning to post about this for a while now...

Every time I've gone past St. Michael's Alley since December, there's been a sign on the door saying that it will be closed until further notice, and there is a sheet of plywood over one of the windows.  Does anyone know what happened?

I certainly don't want to see this landmark go out of business.
citizen72
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 11:28:16 am »

Well crude that is where my wife and I had our very first luncheon together right at thirty years ago. Man was I nervous. So nervous I had written down some notes on subjects to talk about and kept referring to these notes during our talking. Otherwise I would have just locked up.

We have been going there each year on our anniversary all that time. She is not going to like this news.

^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:50:16 am »

St. Mike's was over when Jeff sold it to the current owners. The place lost its soul. If you weren't family members, you barely got any service and they didn't pay the musicians squat.

I didn't find them to be nice people at all.
citizen72
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 11:53:06 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

St. Mike's was over when Jeff sold it to the current owners. The place lost its soul. If you weren't family members, you barely got any service and they didn't pay the musicians squat.

I didn't find them to be nice people at all.

Wow!

^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 11:56:02 am »

Yeah, that place has been dead and walking for a while.  We used to love to walk over to that place on Saturdays and eat while Tommy Crook played.  The suddenly it went to hell just before the transition to new owners. Nobody knew what the hell was going on.  I hope somebody buys it brings it back to landmark status.  Elliot... you reading this?

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
danno
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:44:45 pm »

I worked there for about 3 years until March of '07. It really did change there towards the end, and I'm really sad that its gone. It was such a small place that it was easy to make friends with the regular customers and bands...I feel like I lost my home! Anyway, I don't think that it is going to open again anytime soon, as I really can't see anybody investing in that secluded location. Heres what I wrote about it a few months ago.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7823&whichpage=2
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 06:18:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by danno

I worked there for about 3 years until March of '07. It really did change there towards the end, and I'm really sad that its gone. It was such a small place that it was easy to make friends with the regular customers and bands...I feel like I lost my home! Anyway, I don't think that it is going to open again anytime soon, as I really can't see anybody investing in that secluded location. Heres what I wrote about it a few months ago.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7823&whichpage=2

Daniel! We miss you!! Randy and Mitch played TiAmo's a bit but it just wasn't the same. We liked the St. Mike's vibe...and you...and Leslie (miss her too!)...

Take care, friend.

- Angie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org