A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:19:46 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayor vs Henderson, Round 1  (Read 6095 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 12:37:27 pm »

In reading the World's slant, Im guessing Henderson isnt their pick in the next election, and there just going to work on him.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 01:55:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

OTC has one parking garage in place, another city garage being built across from the PAC and te aforementioned lot SE of OTC.

Really? I haven't been down there lately, when did they break ground? Will it be ready for business when the City opens up shop at her majesty's crystal castle? Or is that just the latest verse of misleading misdirection and manipulation from Kathy's Kool-Aid Khorus.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 03:19:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:

OTC has one parking garage in place, another city garage being built across from the PAC and te aforementioned lot SE of OTC.

Really? I haven't been down there lately, when did they break ground? Will it be ready for business when the City opens up shop at her majesty's crystal castle? Or is that just the latest verse of misleading misdirection and manipulation from Kathy's Kool-Aid Khorus.

Okay, by "being" I meant "to be built"

This garage has nothing to do with OTC, it as the next to be built before OTC was a glimmer in anyone's eye.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 10:58:30 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Okay, by "being" I meant "to be built"

This garage has nothing to do with OTC, it as the next to be built before OTC was a glimmer in anyone's eye.

Mmmm, I smell a steaming hot plate of the sgrizzle special being served- no steak, all sizzle.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 11:12:43 pm »

quote:

Mmmm, I smell a steaming hot plate of the sgrizzle special being served- no steak, all sizzle.

Call me naive, but that sizzle is more than you've provided. I'll have to give this round to sgrizzle.

sgrizzle (1) - Double A (0)

---Robert
si_uk_lon_ok
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2008, 06:19:19 am »

I find the idea that downtown lacks parking a strange idea. Did the acres of surface parking get built on since the last time I was there?

shadows
City Father

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2008, 08:25:18 am »

The new fantasy of moving city operations under one roof was much more clear to the councilors when this was all being proposed to buy the monstrosity where the cost on maintenance can outdistance the old falling down city hall.

The problem of the back door trail to circumvent the electoral process of G bonds being issued, has succumbs as revenue bonds and the strong mayor charter leave the councilor as representatives of their districts.   Their duty is limited to listening to the details of the mayor’s dictates and as district representative takes them back to their constituents.   Meanwhile there are two councilors that can start cleaning out their cubby hole office desks on the pigeon run in the falling down city hall.

I wish I could get the same tax assessor  to look at my 60 year old house which has increased 800% in value.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org