A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:11:14 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Damn the economy  (Read 13630 times)
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008, 08:37:25 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Kind of missed the boat.  Asia and Europe are each up 5%, my dumbass was going to look into funds this weekend and now I've lost out.  Still time to buy in, but we missed some quick profits.

I never paid attention to the market in India before all the alarmists started yelling at the start of the week.  Seeing India drop 10% looked bad on the first day.  I've watched it all week though, and I'm convinced that their markets just do crazy up and down movements on a daily basis.  Whacky Indians.

si_uk_lon_ok
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 05:44:08 am »

quote:

Kind of missed the boat.  Asia and Europe are each up 5%, my dumbass was going to look into funds this weekend and now I've lost out.  Still time to buy in, but we missed some quick profits.

Did you manage to buy some asia funds before or after they dropped today? Or are you from the spoonbill school of economic theory where that all doesn't really matter as long as you buy.
spoonbill
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 06:49:38 am »

quote:
Originally posted by si_uk_lon_ok

quote:

Did you manage to buy some asia funds before or after they dropped today? Or are you from the spoonbill school of economic theory where that all doesn't really matter as long as you buy.

So my order this morning for 225 shares of AAPL at $131 is a bad idea?
si_uk_lon_ok
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2008, 07:05:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

quote:

quote:

So my order this morning for 225 shares of AAPL at $131 is a bad idea?

I'd say so. I don't think there is anything wrong with apple, but its all in the timing. Good things come to those who wait.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2008, 09:42:23 am »

quote:

I did not buy in yet.  I did not spend the time to do enough research. So while I may have been better off just buying a general Asian fund, I prefer a slightly higher risk fund - but that requires more research.

I'll let you know what I buy into for your amusement.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org