A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 06:13:30 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "A Dignified and Honest Campaign"  (Read 3345 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 12861


« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 02:43:56 pm »

I guess my only real beef with Obama that you guys won't beat me about is that he is a distant cousin of vice-president Dick Cheney.

Defend that.
Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
spoonbill
Guest
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 03:08:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

First, I could care less about this "scandal", since right now the Rezco deal does not even qualify. I do think the Obama/Rezco issue is an attempt to revisit/rekindle Whitewater. Here's a take (from the conservative Huffington Post):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karen-russell/whitewater-v-rezko-the-_b_83040.html



Umm. . . The Huffington Post is not conservative!!!

Arianna Huffington, ring any bells?  She's a liberal looney of the highest degree!

She's an Al Frankin, Jon Steward buddy.  George Soros funds her website and organization.

Claimed that she owned an electric car durring the Californina election when she ran against Arnold and Grey Davis as an independent, but was outed in a live interview for owning 3 large SUVs, a private jet and. . . NO electric car.

She has written 11 bad books and sued for plagiarism on two of them about her home country of Greece.  

She is a self proclaimed minister in the Church of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness, a California loony bin.

Read some of the articles on her site!  She's just nuts!

Logged
spoonbill
Guest
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 03:25:38 pm »

More deliciousness!

From World News Daily


Kathleen Willey has written an open letter to Barack Obama warning him not to be surprised by any attacks, since nothing is sacred when it comes to “the nation’s most ruthless political tag team.”

Willey’s commentary, appearing on the WorldNetDaily Web site on Monday, urged the Democratic presidential candidate to expect the worst and safeguard his own private records against exposure by team Clinton.

Referencing an e-mail from Obama’s wife Michelle in which she stated they didn’t expect negative campaign tactics from fellow Democrats, Willey, one of several women who has accused former President Bill Clinton of sexual harassment, wrote: “Don’t be naïve. When those ‘fellow Democrats’ include Hillary Clinton, be ready to expect anything.”

The former White House volunteer became a familiar name in political circles after she claimed that Bill Clinton groped her in the Oval Office in 1997 when she went to him asking for help in establishing contacts so she could land a job.

She alleges that when she tried to expose the truth, Hillary Clinton led an intimidation campaign against her that included the 2007 theft of a manuscript of Willey’s soon-to-be published book.

In her article, Willey told Obama that he can turn the tables on his foe by defining Hillary Clinton “as the worst possible choice to lead this nation. That’s one way to ensure voters that you, at least, are telling the truth.”

She also advised Obama not to assume his home is safe from the Clintons and told him to invest in a shredder to get rid of personal documents.
Logged
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 12861


« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 03:33:36 pm »

Here is more from wikipedia about Willey...

According to Willey, during a meeting in the private study of the Oval Office, Clinton had embraced her tightly, kissed her on the mouth, fondled her breast and then placed her hand on his penis. Clinton denied assaulting Willey. This alleged event occurred on the same day that Willey's husband committed suicide. According to Linda Tripp’s grand jury testimony, Tripp felt Willey pursued a romance with Clinton from the start of her White House affiliation. Willey had speculated with Tripp as to how she might be able to set up an assignation between herself and the president. She routinely attended events at which Clinton would be present, wearing a black dress she believed he liked. According to Tripp’s testimony, she wondered if she and Clinton could arrange to meet in a home to which she had access, on the Chesapeake Bay.

Tripp also challenged Willey’s account of that Oval Office meeting. According to Tripp, Willey had arranged the meeting in part to see if her flirtation with Clinton might advance. After Clinton and Willey met privately, Willey rushed back to Tripp’s office to describe the meeting. According to Tripp, Willey “smiled from ear to ear the entire time” as she described the event. “She seemed almost shocked, but happy-shocked,” Tripp told the grand jury. Willey told Tripp that she and Clinton had "smooched," but made no mention of a sexual assault.

The Final Report of the US Office of the Independent Counsel report noted that "Willey gave false information to the FBI about her sexual relationship with a former boyfriend, and acknowledged having lied about it when the agents confronted her with contradictory evidence. Following Willey’s acknowledgment of the lie, the Independent Counsel agreed not to prosecute her for false statements in this regard."

According to Independent Counsel Robert Ray’s report, "Willey’s [Paula] Jones deposition testimony differed from her grand jury testimony on material aspects of the alleged incident."

According to a book critical of Clinton by Candice E. Jackson, Linda Tripp told Larry King in February 1999 that Willey is "an honest person" who was "telling the truth" about her sexual assault at Bill Clinton's hands.

However, Tripp's grand jury testimony differs from Willey's claims regarding Willey's of inappropriate sexual advances.

Willey has a history of controversial claims including telling the FBI she was pregnant and she had a miscarriage when she did not.

On November 6, 2007 her book Target: Caught in the Crosshairs of Bill and Hillary Clinton was published by World Ahead Media. In her book, Willey claimed that on Labor Day weekend 2007, her house was burglarized, with the only thing stolen being a manuscript of her book Target. Willey stated that she believes individuals with ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton are responsible for the break-in, Willey also filed a police report. Media Matters reported that, in a November 7 interview with Sean Hannity she contradicted information from her own book. Willey had alleged that, two days before her deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case, Cody Shearer, the brother of a Clinton White House aide, had confronted her, hurt her cat, and threatened her children. During The Sean Hannity Show Willey stated, "[the] FBI checked it out, and they found his excuse to be, for not being there, his alibi, was uncheckable, not so much ironclad as uncheckable." However, in her book she had written, "I was told that Shearer had an 'airtight' and 'ironclad' alibi, but another source told me that it was 'uncheckable.'"


Wow...what a good source of whom who should vote for...Having her attack Hillary is like a cow saying eat more chicken.
Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 12028



« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 04:15:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

First, I could care less about this "scandal", since right now the Rezco deal does not even qualify. I do think the Obama/Rezco issue is an attempt to revisit/rekindle Whitewater. Here's a take (from the conservative Huffington Post):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karen-russell/whitewater-v-rezko-the-_b_83040.html



Umm. . . The Huffington Post is not conservative!!!

Arianna Huffington, ring any bells?  She's a liberal looney of the highest degree!

She's an Al Frankin, Jon Steward buddy.  George Soros funds her website and organization.

Claimed that she owned an electric car durring the Californina election when she ran against Arnold and Grey Davis as an independent, but was outed in a live interview for owning 3 large SUVs, a private jet and. . . NO electric car.

She has written 11 bad books and sued for plagiarism on two of them about her home country of Greece.  

She is a self proclaimed minister in the Church of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness, a California loony bin.

Read some of the articles on her site!  She's just nuts!





Spoon, I was kidding. I was pointing out that even the Huffington Post, a liberal rag of a website, was essentially taking sides in democrat scandals. But hey, thanks for dirt on Arianna.
Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
spoonbill
Guest
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 04:22:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Here is more from wikipedia about Willey...

According to Willey, during a meeting in the private study of the Oval Office, Clinton had embraced her tightly, kissed her on the mouth, fondled her breast and then placed her hand on his penis. Clinton denied assaulting Willey. This alleged event occurred on the same day that Willey's husband committed suicide. According to Linda Tripp’s grand jury testimony, Tripp felt Willey pursued a romance with Clinton from the start of her White House affiliation. Willey had speculated with Tripp as to how she might be able to set up an assignation between herself and the president. She routinely attended events at which Clinton would be present, wearing a black dress she believed he liked. According to Tripp’s testimony, she wondered if she and Clinton could arrange to meet in a home to which she had access, on the Chesapeake Bay.

Tripp also challenged Willey’s account of that Oval Office meeting. According to Tripp, Willey had arranged the meeting in part to see if her flirtation with Clinton might advance. After Clinton and Willey met privately, Willey rushed back to Tripp’s office to describe the meeting. According to Tripp, Willey “smiled from ear to ear the entire time” as she described the event. “She seemed almost shocked, but happy-shocked,” Tripp told the grand jury. Willey told Tripp that she and Clinton had "smooched," but made no mention of a sexual assault.

The Final Report of the US Office of the Independent Counsel report noted that "Willey gave false information to the FBI about her sexual relationship with a former boyfriend, and acknowledged having lied about it when the agents confronted her with contradictory evidence. Following Willey’s acknowledgment of the lie, the Independent Counsel agreed not to prosecute her for false statements in this regard."

According to Independent Counsel Robert Ray’s report, "Willey’s [Paula] Jones deposition testimony differed from her grand jury testimony on material aspects of the alleged incident."

According to a book critical of Clinton by Candice E. Jackson, Linda Tripp told Larry King in February 1999 that Willey is "an honest person" who was "telling the truth" about her sexual assault at Bill Clinton's hands.

However, Tripp's grand jury testimony differs from Willey's claims regarding Willey's of inappropriate sexual advances.

Willey has a history of controversial claims including telling the FBI she was pregnant and she had a miscarriage when she did not.

On November 6, 2007 her book Target: Caught in the Crosshairs of Bill and Hillary Clinton was published by World Ahead Media. In her book, Willey claimed that on Labor Day weekend 2007, her house was burglarized, with the only thing stolen being a manuscript of her book Target. Willey stated that she believes individuals with ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton are responsible for the break-in, Willey also filed a police report. Media Matters reported that, in a November 7 interview with Sean Hannity she contradicted information from her own book. Willey had alleged that, two days before her deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case, Cody Shearer, the brother of a Clinton White House aide, had confronted her, hurt her cat, and threatened her children. During The Sean Hannity Show Willey stated, "[the] FBI checked it out, and they found his excuse to be, for not being there, his alibi, was uncheckable, not so much ironclad as uncheckable." However, in her book she had written, "I was told that Shearer had an 'airtight' and 'ironclad' alibi, but another source told me that it was 'uncheckable.'"


Wow...what a good source of whom who should vote for...Having her attack Hillary is like a cow saying eat more chicken.



Way way more likely to believe her over him!  

After all, I think there were a couple of others that made similar accusations?

-Dolly Kyle Browning, a real estate lawyer and Clinton high school classmate who said she had an off-and-on-again romance with Mr. Clinton for 30 years.

- Sally Perdue, a former Miss Arkansas who said she had a four-month affair with him in 1983.

- Connie Hamzy, a self-proclaimed rock-and-roll groupie, who said Mr. Clinton propositioned her in 1984 while she was sunbathing by a Little Rock hotel pool.

- Juanita Broaddrick, a gubernatorial campaign volunteer who said Mr. Clinton raped her during a nursing-home-operators convention in Little Rock in April 1978.

- Bobbie Ann Williams, a one-time Little Rock prostitute who said Mr. Clinton fathered a child by her when he was the governor of Arkansas.

- Eileen Wellstone, an English woman who said Mr. Clinton sexually assaulted her after she met him at a pub near Oxford University where Mr. Clinton was a student in 1969.

- Sandra Allen James, a former Washington, D.C., political fund-raiser who said Mr. Clinton invited her to his hotel room during a 1991 campaign trip, pinned her against the wall and put his hand under her dress.

- Christy Zercher, an airline flight attendant on Mr. Clinton’s 1992 campaign plane, who said Mr. Clinton exposed himself and grabbed her breasts.

- Lencola Sullivan, a former Miss Arkansas and fourth runner-up in the Miss America pageant.

- Elizabeth Ward, a former Miss Arkansas and Miss America.

- Susie Whitacre, press aide to Mr. Clinton when he was governor.

- Group of 12 Arkansas Highway Patrol officers that claimed he used them as a "Taxi" service for his romantic exploits as Governor.

- 4 retired secret service agents tasked with keeping his romantic entanglements as president off the radar.

I'm sure they all are simple misunderstandings or even better, they were devised by the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to soil his name.  

But we digress off subject.
Logged
NellieBly
Guest
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 04:37:10 pm »

Arianna turned away from the darkside a few years ago. She used to be a conservative. Remember the old skits on SNL with her an Al Franken arguing politics in bed? She was such the conservative back then.
Logged
USRufnex
Guest
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 09:01:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Why do you think that Fox News/Sean Hannity/ Rush Limbaugh all attack Hillary and not Obama? They really want Obama to be the nominee, maybe in part because they think they can use this scandal against him.


keep spinnin' RM... this may become a scandal for Rob Blagojevich, but not for Obama... and your opinion that the Fox News people want Obama to be the nominee seems to clash with another popular notion... that NOTHING will unite the Republican Party like a campaign against Hillary & Bill...

An oldie but a goodie... Rezko's life a story of pizza and politics
By David Jackson and John Chase, Tribune staff reporters. Tribune staff reporter Ray Gibson contributed to this report
October 12, 2006

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-0610120112oct12,1,4621852.story

As he invested in real estate ventures, Rezko assembled a chain of Papa John's pizzerias that stretched from the South Side into Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Minnesota.

Rezko pragmatically courted local politicians, such as befriending the aldermen who controlled zoning and land-use decisions. Since 1994, he and his companies have given at least $385,000 to Illinois candidates, according to state and federal disclosures. In addition, Rezko reportedly raised millions of dollars for Blagojevich by reaching out to friends and business associates.

He is best known for helping raise money for the governor and Democrats such as former Cook County Board President John Stroger, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan and U.S. Sen. Barack Obama. But Rezko also has helped Republicans, including former Gov. Jim Edgar, and he co-chaired a fundraiser for President Bush.

But his strongest ties have always been with Blagojevich. Rezko's and Blagojevich's families often socialized. Rezko and the governor's wife, Patti, a real estate agent, even worked on several property deals together since 1997, earning Patti Blagojevich at least $38,000 in fees.

So when Blagojevich was elected governor in 2002, Rezko said he felt an overwhelming urge to help get a Democratic administration up and running after two decades of Republican governors.

Rezko recommended numerous candidates for Cabinet positions and state boards and commissions. And in a sign of how closely he meshed his pizza business deals with his forays into politics, a close circle of Rezko business investors and their relatives received jobs and appointments to influential state posts under Blagojevich.

Blagojevich appointed three Rezko pizza business investors to a controversial board that oversees hospital projects. (That board was replaced amid an ongoing federal kickback investigation that led to the indictment of the board's vice chairman.)

The state's business development agency, run by a former Rezko real estate firm executive, employed the daughters of two other pizza business partners, including a man who is a fugitive on federal tax charges.

And another Rezko partner got a loan for pizza franchises through a California businessman whose firm won an $83 million contract for redeveloping the restaurants at Illinois Tollway oases. The loan came after an introduction from Rezko. Blagojevich has said those who secured jobs and appointments were qualified.

Rezko had launched his first Papa John's franchise in 1998, and by 2002 he had opened 26 outlets in Chicago, seven in Detroit and at least 15 in Wisconsin, records show. He was financed in part by multimillion-dollar loans from GE Capital Corp., land and court records show.

------------------------------------------------

The Chicago media has become reasonably good at vetting politicians of late, thank you very much...
Logged
we vs us
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3312



« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 09:29:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by USRufnex

keep spinnin' RM... this may become a scandal for Rob Blagojevich, but not for Obama...




Heh.  Like Blago needs another scandal.  It's amazing that guy's still standing.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

 
  Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
 

Mission

 

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

 

Contact

 

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org