A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:54:30 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the v2025 dowtown residential money???  (Read 8278 times)
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 08:32:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

We got somthing like $375,000 in 2025 money for Helms Park in our neighborhood at 81st and Harvard.  They delivered a new swing set, a new slide, and a dumptruck full of mulch for the playground.

Oh! and a big sign that said 2025 project.

It was about $1,000 in mulch and I bet the nice playground equipment must have cost at least $4,000.  So I guess the sign cost $370,000.

And the neighbors had to load wheelbarrows with mulch and put it under the playground equipment.  All the contractor did was deliver it with dump-truck in a 15 foot tall pile.  Took about 6 of the neighborhood dads 4 days to transport it all.

Last time I ever vote for a project.  

Have you gotten off your butt and done something about it, though? I hope you haven't rolled over and died, I'd want to see where every damn cent was allocated.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 08:56:06 am »

quote:

We got somthing like $375,000 in 2025 money for Helms Park in our neighborhood at 81st and Harvard.  They delivered a new swing set, a new slide, and a dumptruck full of mulch for the playground.

It was about $1,000 in mulch and I bet the nice playground equipment must have cost at least $4,000.  So I guess the sign cost $370,000.

And the neighbors had to load wheelbarrows with mulch and put it under the playground equipment.  All the contractor did was deliver it with dump-truck in a 15 foot tall pile.  Took about 6 of the neighborhood dads 4 days to transport it all.

I don't know your project and I have never heard of Helms Park (it is not a Tulsa Park), but I don't think any neighborhood got more than $25,000 of Vision 2025 money.

Are you sure of your facts?

Those playgrounds are also damn expensive and usually there is concrete work to install and a new ADA sidewalk to these.

A playground and a slide for a private park sounds pretty good to me, but I guess you would rather complain. I'm also guessing you were not one of the neighborhood dads who worked to complete the job either.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 10:15:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

quote:

I don't know your project and I have never heard of Helms Park (it is not a Tulsa Park), but I don't think any neighborhood got more than $25,000 of Vision 2025 money.

Are you sure of your facts?

Those playgrounds are also damn expensive and usually there is concrete work to install and a new ADA sidewalk to these.

A playground and a slide for a private park sounds pretty good to me, but I guess you would rather complain. I'm also guessing you were not one of the neighborhood dads who worked to complete the job either.

Just goes to show how important a well-informed electorate is.  This guy doesn't know what he's talking about, but he's making decisions for the rest of us.  I wonder, has he made a single phone call to find anything out?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 12:08:16 pm »

My bad.  I had to go look at the posting.  You guys can beat me over the head now!

It was $12,899 for a new swingset, slide and mulch.

The $375,000 number was a total for all of the 2nd phase neighborhood projects.

However I still think $12,899 is steep, but it's gubment work I suppose!

Sorry for the poor info.  You may flame me now, I deserve it.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 12:59:56 pm »

quote:

My bad.  I had to go look at the posting.  You guys can beat me over the head now!

A complainer who will stand up and take his lumps and admit when he’s wrong?

+1,

No flame needed.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 01:06:07 pm »

quote:

Cheers.  Glad to know there wasn't a boondoggle in your neighborhood.  Isn't the forum great for that, though?  Information sharing may be the crowbar that breaks Tulsa's sense of inertia.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 11:26:38 pm »

Downtown Tulsa...

Closest full-service grocery store: 2.10 miles
Closest indoor shopping mall: 5.23 miles
Closest steakhouse: 3.10 miles
Closest movie theatre: 5.21 miles
Closest electronics retail store: 5.41 miles
Closest bowling alley: 5.48 miles
Closest bookstore: 2.80 miles (No, the midtown art theatre doesn’t count)

I hope Downtown comes back...I hope the arena changes everything...I hope I hope I hope!

But until someone does SOMETHING about the above, then I really can't expect anyone to want to isolate themselves among dark alleys and tall buildings from the rest of the things people normally enjoy.  Again...I HOPE the arena and improvement in infrastructure ultimately brings these things.  But I'm worried.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 08:05:23 am »

Thanks for getting back to us Gaspar. I was kind of worried that some neighborhood project had gone wrong.

I love your website, by the way. You have some very creative stuff there.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 02:56:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Thanks for getting back to us Gaspar. I was kind of worried that some neighborhood project had gone wrong.

I love your website, by the way. You have some very creative stuff there.

Thanks RM.  I do a lot of stuff for Developers in town.  There are things on the horizon that are awesome for Tulsa, that I am not at liberty to discuss yet.  I see a lot of commentary about projects on this site that are incorrect or at best ill-informed.  I will always try to post images and renderings I've done of new projects as soon as they become public.  That way we can see them here sooner or at least at the same time that they break in the news.

The company I work for is very instrumental in Tulsa's development!  I love it.  It's exciting.  Sorry for the inaccurate post.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Rico
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 08:01:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bacjz00

Downtown Tulsa...

Closest full-service grocery store: 2.10 miles
Closest indoor shopping mall: 5.23 miles
Closest steakhouse: 3.10 miles
Closest movie theatre: 5.21 miles
Closest electronics retail store: 5.41 miles
Closest bowling alley: 5.48 miles
Closest bookstore: 2.80 miles (No, the midtown art theatre doesn’t count)

I hope Downtown comes back...I hope the arena changes everything...I hope I hope I hope!

But until someone does SOMETHING about the above, then I really can't expect anyone to want to isolate themselves among dark alleys and tall buildings from the rest of the things people normally enjoy.  Again...I HOPE the arena and improvement in infrastructure ultimately brings these things.  But I'm worried.

Put one more on the list please.....!

How far does one have to go, from the Downtown area, to find money invested by Quick Trip, in any form shape or manner, in the furtherance of  a Tulsa that can benefit from the Arena's creation?

AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 08:19:18 pm »

The real answer is that the City needs to get out of its own way. Too many bureacrats making stupid decisions about these projects, which is significantly hindering progress.

The idea for offering the funding was solid. Having the developers go through the same ol process with the same ol yahoos was less solid.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org