A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:16:07 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How does the Oklahoma Aquarium Prosper.....  (Read 3300 times)
bigdtottown
Activist

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 09:38:56 am »

I guess things have changed...my wife and I tried 2-3 times to go and it was so packed we had to leave. This was over a year ago so I guess things could change, is attendance down?

Buck
safetyguy
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 09:52:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by dggriffi

they proper by charging you an arm and a leg for admission.   Next week they are going to require that you bring an additional bucket of chum to get in.

I'm getting tired of hearing that. A (primarily) saltwater aquarium this far inland is extremely costly to stock and run, yet look at these figures for admission prices:

Oklahoma Aquarium         $13.95

Other free-standing indoor regional aquariums:
Dallas World Aquarium (Smaller)    $16.95
New England Aquarium (Comparable)   $18.95
Tennessee Aquarium (Freshwater)      $19.95
Long Beach Aquarium (Smaller)      $20.95
Monterey Bay (Larger)         $24.95
Chicago's Shedd Aquarium (Larger)   $27.50
Georgia Aquarium (Largest)      $29.50

Numbers were taken from a cross-section of aquariums like ours that are primarily indoors, not part of another larger park and ticket prices are not directly subsidized.

If you want to feel like a sardine go to the Georgia aquarium. The exhibits are cool, but they cram so many people in that you can't enjoy it because you feel like you have to keep moving (some areas have moving sidewalks so you have to keep moving).
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 12:19:10 pm »

I have been to every one of the Aquariums on that list.

My favorite is the Georgia one. It is the largest aquarium in the world. My kids would probably pick the Tennessee one because of all the cool seahorses they have.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org